• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Classifying Nancy's Postcards & Merrill's Stuff: What is it?

In summary, the purpose of classifying Nancy's postcards and Merrill's stuff is to organize and categorize them in a systematic way for easier retrieval and a better understanding of the collection as a whole. The classification will be based on characteristics and physical attributes, and may involve designated individuals or a team. The system may be subject to change and the postcards and items will be stored in archival materials for preservation.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
What do you classify stuff like Nancy's Postcards, stuff from Merrill, etc as? It's not really "office" stuff but I just cannot think of what to classify it as.

I usually put them as supplies.

Thanks! What about conference expenses? Like the hotel?

wadesgirl said:

Yes you can claim them as well.

rennea said:
Yes you can claim them as well.
I know I can claim it but I was asking how would you categorize it? Yes, I am just now getting to all this stuff! I'm a big procrastinator!

wadesgirl said:
I know I can claim it but I was asking how would you categorize it? Yes, I am just now getting to all this stuff! I'm a big procrastinator!

It might be different for you in the US but on our taxes hotels and train/airplane tickets etc are just a employment expense. Anything like restaurant recipes would be entertainment and we can claim 50% of the total.

wadesgirl said:

You can classify it as something like Conference Expense or more loosely Travel & Lodging Expense ... depends how detailed your accounting gets.

wadesgirl said:
What do you classify stuff like Nancy's Postcards, stuff from Merrill, etc as? It's not really "office" stuff but I just cannot think of what to classify it as.

Like Ann said General Supplies works for most of that stuff, though if it's wearable logo stuff or business cards I categorize that as Advertising.

wadesgirl said:

You classify them as travel expenses, I can email you a spread sheet that I use that helps me break down my expenses.

Related to Classifying Nancy's Postcards & Merrill's Stuff: What is it?

1. What is the purpose of classifying Nancy's postcards and Merrill's stuff?

The purpose of classifying Nancy's postcards and Merrill's stuff is to organize and categorize these items in a systematic way. This will make it easier to find specific postcards or items and also provide a better understanding of the collection as a whole.

2. How will the postcards and items be classified?

The postcards and items will be classified based on their characteristics, such as theme, time period, location, and any other relevant factors. They may also be classified based on their physical attributes, such as size or material.

3. Who will be responsible for classifying the postcards and items?

The responsibility of classifying the postcards and items may fall on a designated individual or a team of individuals, depending on the size of the collection and the resources available. This may include experts in certain fields, such as historians or curators, or individuals with knowledge and interest in postcards and collectibles.

4. Will the classification system be subject to change?

Yes, the classification system may be subject to change as the collection grows or as new information is discovered. It is important to regularly review and update the system to ensure its accuracy and effectiveness.

5. How will the postcards and items be stored after they are classified?

The postcards and items may be stored in archival-quality materials, such as acid-free folders and boxes, to preserve their condition. They may also be stored in a designated area or facility with controlled temperature and humidity to prevent damage. Proper labeling and organization will also be important for easy retrieval.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc ri lisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • annew
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Suzyengl
  • pamperedtraci