• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cinco de Mayo Recipes for Weekend Fun

In summary, some traditional Mexican dishes for Cinco de Mayo include tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and chiles rellenos. Easy appetizers and snacks include chips and salsa, mini quesadillas, and Mexican street corn dip. For larger crowds, consider making chicken or beef fajitas, Mexican rice and beans, or build-your-own tacos or nachos. Healthier options include grilled fish tacos, salads with grilled chicken and avocado, and roasted vegetable enchiladas. Many of these dishes can also be made ahead of time.
the secret chef
Is anyone doing a Cinco de mayo theme for this weekend?? I'm looking for recipes. Thanks!

How about a taco ring, or a Mexican Trifle, or Becky's fajitas in the DCB?

recipesDCB?? directors cook book? That sounds good, I have only been doing this 3 months. But I would love to become a director! Where is the Mexican trifle found?

the secret chef said:
DCB?? directors cook book? That sounds good, I have only been doing this 3 months. But I would love to become a director! Where is the Mexican trifle found?
DCB = Deep Covered Baker;)

Go to the "Theme Show" forum and there is a thread there about Cinco de Mayo Recipes! There might be quite a bit of recipes in there! You might want to look all the way back to previous May's in past years!
Good luck!:balloon:

Share some History...:D

INTERESTING HISTORY .... AND MEXICAN CULTURAL LESSON

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko De Mayo.

duh, Thanks!!

Related to Cinco de Mayo Recipes for Weekend Fun

1. What are some traditional Mexican dishes that I can make for Cinco de Mayo?

Some traditional Mexican dishes that are perfect for Cinco de Mayo include tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and chiles rellenos. You can also try making festive dishes like guacamole, salsa, and margaritas.

2. Are there any easy appetizers or snacks I can make for a Cinco de Mayo party?

Absolutely! Some easy and tasty appetizers for Cinco de Mayo include chips and salsa, mini quesadillas, and Mexican street corn dip. You can also make a simple charcuterie board with Mexican-inspired meats and cheeses.

3. I want to make a dish that can feed a crowd. Any suggestions?

A great dish to make for a crowd on Cinco de Mayo is a big batch of chicken or beef fajitas. You can also make a large pot of Mexican rice and beans to serve as a side dish. Another option is to make a large platter of build-your-own tacos or nachos.

4. I'm looking for some healthier options for Cinco de Mayo. Any ideas?

For healthier Cinco de Mayo options, you can make grilled fish tacos with fresh salsa, a salad with grilled chicken and avocado, or roasted vegetable enchiladas. You can also swap out traditional tortilla chips for baked or air-fried versions.

5. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many Cinco de Mayo recipes can be made ahead of time. Dishes like enchiladas and fajitas can be assembled and stored in the fridge until ready to bake. Guacamole and salsa can also be made a day ahead, but make sure to store them in airtight containers and add a squeeze of lime to prevent browning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC