• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chopstir vs. Mix N Chop: A Comparison and Review from LTD - Only $4.95

In summary,Ltd. has a ChopStir that is very similar to our Mix N Chop. It is sold for $4.95 and does not have heat-resistant features. I do not think it looks near as sturdy as the Mix N Chop, and their website does not say that it is heat-resistant. I think that's important, as I leave mine in the pan all the time.
PCSarahjm
I just recieved an email from LTD. They have a Chopstir that is very similiar to our Mix N Chop. It is sold for $4.95 . It looks like a cheap-o version of ours. Anyone else seen it??

I don't think it looks near as sturdy as the Mix N Chop, and their website does not say that it is heat-resistant. I think that's important, as I leave mine in the pan all the time!!

who is LTD?

hollye44 said:
I don't think it looks near as sturdy as the Mix N Chop, and their website does not say that it is heat-resistant. I think that's important, as I leave mine in the pan all the time!!

I agree...the heat resistant is important for me too. Mine is always resting in the pan. Whatever the "chopstir" is made of looks like it would melt very easily.

ABC Distributing catalog has a Grip-Ez Melon/Pineapple Cutter for $12.95 too!

DessertDivaFL said:
ABC Distributing catalog has a Grip-Ez Melon/Pineapple Cutter for $12.95 too!

Someone shared this last week, I think. The nice thing about ours is that it removes the rind--or whatever it's called. :)

hollye44 said:

Actually, you shouldn't do that anyway- even with ours. It's written on the Use & Care Guide under "Safeguards" -
* Do not leave Mix 'N Chop in pan when burner is on.

FYI. :)

Another better thing about ours is it's black. Their white one would probably get dingy looking and it most likely will stain when used to crush tomatoes. Ours will hold up better.

I would say ours will last 5x's as long as theirs...also, theirs only has four "fans" on the chopping edge.

yes, my director bought one & brought it to our last meeting; just to compare, LOL. It was cheap looking & it's shorter...I would think your hand would get majorly splattered by grease.

1. What is the difference between the Chopstir and the Mix N Chop?

The Chopstir and Mix N Chop are both kitchen tools designed to break up and mix ingredients while cooking. However, the Chopstir has a flat, paddle-like design while the Mix N Chop has curved blades.

2. Can the Chopstir and Mix N Chop be used for the same types of dishes?

Yes, both the Chopstir and Mix N Chop can be used for a variety of dishes, including ground meats, vegetables, and even scrambled eggs. However, the Mix N Chop is better suited for breaking up larger chunks of food, while the Chopstir is better for stirring and mixing.

3. Is one tool better than the other for non-stick cookware?

Both the Chopstir and Mix N Chop are safe to use with non-stick cookware. However, the Mix N Chop has a silicone edge, which is gentle on non-stick surfaces and helps prevent scratching.

4. Can the Chopstir and Mix N Chop be used for baking?

While both tools are primarily used for cooking on the stovetop, they can also be used for baking. The Chopstir can be used to mix ingredients for cakes and batters, while the Mix N Chop can be used to break up and mix ingredients for cookies and dough.

5. Are the Chopstir and Mix N Chop dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the Chopstir and Mix N Chop are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the lifespan of the tools, as dishwashers can be harsh on plastic and silicone materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • PampChefJoy