• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Between Cats & Dogs: Pros & Cons

In summary, the conversation is about people's preferences between UPS and FedEx for package delivery. The majority of the group prefers UPS due to better tracking, more friendly and reliable delivery personnel, and proper handling of packages. Some have had issues with FedEx, including missed deliveries, damaged and poorly handled packages, and difficulty in communicating with customer service. Overall, UPS is seen as the better choice for package delivery.
sarahlegare
Which do you prefer??

UPS, hands down!

I've found that tracking isn't updated frequently for FedEx (case in point: I have a supply order that was shipped Tuesday from HO, showed "left Chicago" all day yesterday, and then this morning shows not only "on truck for delivery", but has 3 tracking updates from yesterday that never showed up until today!). And in my neighborhood, FedEx usually comes during the day, while I'm at work - but not always. The driver puts the boxes right in front of my side door (after I posted a "Deliveries to side" sign on my front door), but he puts them smack up against the door, so I can't get in the house. I've also had boxes come with several layers of new tape, and things left standing on their sides instead of "this end up."

I miss my UPS guy. :cry:

The UPS guy was cuter too!

My UPS guy was really great! very friendly and would bring boxes inside for me or leave them around back if I wasn't home. FedEx, they ring the bell, drop stuff on the porch and run.

UPS. No question.

I have a specific place (a storage unit at the bottom of a very steep driveway) for deliveries. UPS never had any trouble. After finding FEDEX deliveries all over my property, some in really odd, out-of-the-way places that were very difficult for the driver to reach, the PC HO added "storage unit at bottom of driveway" to my address. That's worked fairly well, but I had a delivery left at my garage door this week. It looks like it was handled by the gorillas from the old American Tourister commercials. (Anyone else remember those?)

I miss my UPS people.

When we first switched, I contaced FEDEX to see if there was any way they could make note of where my packages should be left. Their answer was no. They have no way to do that.

I miss UPS.

(Hee, hee. "The PC HO." Doesn't it sound like I have an issue with someone in the main office?)

Ok perfect timing, I typed that, the doorbell rang and the FedEx guy drove off.

Ups
UPS!!!

UPS!!!

UPS!!!

Debbie :D

raebates said:
(Hee, hee. "The PC HO." Doesn't it sound like I have an issue with someone in the main office?)
Sounds like someone who does some specialized "entertaining" with tools. :eek:

I don't like the FedEx tracking but I do like that they deliver on Saturdays...but I would have to say that I prefer UPS.

I have to say that I have a lot more boxes that are retaped with FedEx. Once more than half of the items on the packing slip were missing!

Probably the same number of boxes were banged up by each company though.

The UPS guy would ring the doorbell and leave but the FedEx guy just drops the boxes. Always blocking the door and never "this side up". Do they even train these guys?

UPS is great!!! FedEx is terrible in our new place. I have NEVER received a shipment without having to call and complain to FedEx. NEVER. And it is aggravating.

Today is a perfect example. I was actually supposed to receive an order yesterday. Here’s how the tracking went:
• Yesterday Morning: "On truck for delivery".
• 11:45am: "Delivery attempted. No one home, unable to deliver" (umm...PC doesn't require signatures, correct?? And, I happened to be home at the time they claim…with my hubby, neighbor, and 3 dogs!)
• 11:55am: “Delivery exception. Incomplete address” (it was the correct address...)
• 1:00pm: "On truck for delivery". (I assumed they got their act together and it was on the way, so I let it go. Never received it that day)
• Early This Morning: “Out for delivery”
• 9:30am: “Returned to local facility”

That’s when I called. As usual, I verified the address with them (correct) and asked what was going on, because this happens EVERY TIME. Even the agent couldn’t explain (as usual…), but said she’d call the facility and tell them to re-deliver. In a day or two. I’ll leave out the words I used here….

So I immediately go out to walk the dogs, and when I come back (10-15 minutes??), the package is sitting on my doorstep. FYI, the “Local Facility” is at least 30 minutes away. Sheesh.

OK…I’m done complaining. I have PC goodies to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOT!

UPS for ALL the reasons everyone has already posted!

BethCooks4U said:
I have to say that I have a lot more boxes that are retaped with FedEx. Once more than half of the items on the packing slip were missing!

Probably the same number of boxes were banged up by each company though.

The UPS guy would ring the doorbell and leave but the FedEx guy just drops the boxes. Always blocking the door and never "this side up". Do they even train these guys?

That's funny Beth ~ I had more open, severely damaged and taped up boxes with UPS.

Yep, UPS is definitely more customer friendly ~ and CUTE! LOL

But believe it or not I'm finding less breakage, etc. with FedEx. Though it's probably because HO is packing better...or seems like they are ~

I'm waiting for FedEx right now...he's going to hate me today ...having about 35 boxes delivered today! Oy! One $2,000+ show, and 2 smaller shows (5 boxes for these two...the rest is for the $2K+ show!

I've seen no real difference in the delivery service in my area so either are fine. I do seem to get my fed-ex a bit earlier in the day than prior ups but that's about it.

Kitchen2u said:
I'm waiting for FedEx right now...he's going to hate me today ...having about 35 boxes delivered today! Oy! One $2,000+ show, and 2 smaller shows (5 boxes for these two...the rest is for the $2K+ show!
Good grief! That's probably a whole truck full!

chefann said:
Good grief! That's probably a whole truck full!
Wait til he find out he's going to bringing them IN my house!!! LOL He's going to HATE ME!!! Though I have a goodie bag for him (what a brown noser, huh!) ~ don't want him throwing my boxes from the truck next time! LOL

UPS no question!

Fed-ex has been nicknamed "The Phantom" b/c he justs drops the packages & leaves. I've actually been standing at the door waiting for him to deliver. I had just had surgery & couldn't lift the boxes. I came to the door as he was getting back in his van & tried to flag him down, but I didn't make it quick enough. Good thing I'm not a PL rep. My candles would have been melted by the time DH got home to bring the boxes inside.

I miss UPS. Like the others said, my boxes frequently come "retaped" and some of my mini catalogs were missing. Thankfully PC is sending more, but really it wasn't PC's fault. Fedex should be held accountable. Maybe they will switch back to UPS in the new year??

One can hope...

Well, I think my Fed Ex deliveries are going to be MUCH better from today on. Justin just delivered the 35 boxes...brought them INTO my house. Get this...NO HAND TRUCK! He carried every single box! So then I gave him the bad news that I was going to see him tomorrow!

Gave him a nice goodie bag of PC stuff...a catalog. He asked me a LOT of questions...so I got an opportunity brochure for him...he wants to give it to his wife! He said we'll talk more tomorrow!

I told him he's going to miss out this Christmas if he knocks and runs...because I always had a gift for my UPS guy (hint-hint!)! He smiled and said, "I'll ring the door bell and wait...if you're home, I'll bring the boxes in!"

That's one way to get great service!

Kitchen2u said:
Well, I think my Fed Ex deliveries are going to be MUCH better from today on. Justin just delivered the 35 boxes...brought them INTO my house. Get this...NO HAND TRUCK! He carried every single box! So then I gave him the bad news that I was going to see him tomorrow!

Gave him a nice goodie bag of PC stuff...a catalog. He asked me a LOT of questions...so I got an opportunity brochure for him...he wants to give it to his wife! He said we'll talk more tomorrow!

I told him he's going to miss out this Christmas if he knocks and runs...because I always had a gift for my UPS guy (hint-hint!)! He smiled and said, "I'll ring the door bell and wait...if you're home, I'll bring the boxes in!"

That's one way to get great service!

Yeah, if I even knew what the Fed-Ex guy (or is it a woman....I have no idea!) looked like I'd try to brown nose too.......unfortunately, because he chooses to "drop and run" (doesn't even ring the door bell or knock), I've never actually seen him. I do know though, that my boxes really stink like cigarette smoke when they are delivered.....so I know he/she is a smoker!

What about DHL or Airbourne?

Admin Greg said:
What about DHL or Airbourne?

I occasionally get something from DHL (Nancy's used them) - like them better than Fed-Ex.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, if I even knew what the Fed-Ex guy (or is it a woman....I have no idea!) looked like I'd try to brown nose too.......unfortunately, because he chooses to "drop and run" (doesn't even ring the door bell or knock), I've never actually seen him. I do know though, that my boxes really stink like cigarette smoke when they are delivered.....so I know he/she is a smoker!

As far as we can tell from the vehicles we see pulling out of our driveway, we've had at least seven different drivers since the switch to FEDEX. :grumpy:

Our fedex driver is older and not at all friendly. I have caught him a few times and try to talk to him but he's kind of ...well not friendly.

UPS used to deliver around 1 or so and this guy comes around 6 if I'm lucky.

UpsI'll take UPS anyday...if I couldn't have them, I'd go DHL and FedEx is a very DEAD LAST choice! At least UPS and DHL knock and I get fewer boxes beat up from them! FedEx drops and runs and generally my boxes are ripped and dented!

I don't care for my FEDEX man either i love my UPS guys they were always very polite and friendly granteed i have known them for a while but i do agree the fedex guys don't seem too friendly and i don't like how they just kinda flop the package on my porch and like oh just another package no biggy

DhlI am not impressed with DHL at all. I have limited experiece with them but they totally messed up my delivery. I had an adjustment and HO sent it via USPS but they use DHL to get it to the USPS. It took more than 2 weeks. The package was an hour from my Post Office and then they sent it to Denver (I live in NC)! :eek: :grumpy: :yuck:

I went to the PO and asked what could have happened, giving them the USPS tracking number, and they said that DHL uses their tracking numbers but is responsible for the package until it hits the local PO. They (DHL) deliver it to the PO and then the carrier delivers it. WHAT?? :eek:

Finally after at least another week it got here.

I HATE UPS!!!! I have had to go pick up boxes from their location because
"there is no such address" uh huh ...but I see them drive by every single day! Not to mention twice now I have had a delivery to MY home that was not mine. The last one was just yesterday, and I had to deliver it to the home. It was a huge box of Omaha Steaks!!! YUM!!! The lady was very greatful. I will chose any other shipping method OTHER than UPS!!!

I heard that UPS and FEDEX were merging together..................The name of the new company...........FEDUP!!!!!

When we first switched to Fed Ex, the driver used to deliver my packages to the FAR side door of my house...the side which is more or less boarded up, you have to walk through the yard to get it to it and it faces the road..I think the Fed Ex driver used to park on the side of the road (because I NEVER saw him come) and walk through the yard to drop off my boxes...one time in the beginning, I had a supply order that I WAITED AND WAITED FOR...the shippinig info said it had been shipped days ago and I called Fed Ex to find out where it was...I walked all the way around my house to find the box, it was buried in the snow!!!!! It would have been there till spring had I not known I was expecting something! Ever since, I got the drivers info and simply called him to tell him exactly WHERE to deliver it and have had no problems.

But personally I do like UPS more.

slj1229 said:
I heard that UPS and FEDEX were merging together..................The name of the new company...........FEDUP!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

I prefer UPS too. Both drivers would ring the doorbell & leave, but at least with UPS he would wait a bit to see if I came to the door & would at least wave. The FedEx guy must race back to the truck & gun it to get out of there because I never even see the truck by the time I get to the door! Plus the times they deliver are all over the place. Sometimes it's 9am, sometimes it's 6pm. Plus I get the deliveries a day later than I did with UPS.

From what I understand is that Fed-ex drivers are independent contractors who bid on job delivery areas and they are not employed by Fed-Ex. Mine told me that himself. He drives a regular white van with a small sign that lets me know he is fed-ex but he said that he bid and bought my area. So I am sure that is why they are so quick to leave and not friendly. They get done with their route and they are done and don't have to report back to their home office.
Where my UPS guy works for them and doesn't need complaints.
I asked him if he had heard that PC was going back to UPS and he said that negotiations were starting for next years contracts. So if we bombard PC with requests to change maybe they will go back.
Crystal

I have to say FedEx. In my area, I used to ship daily for a prior business I was in and we used both services. FedEx wa more reliable and if a package was lost, they have an easier lost mitigation process than UPS. Plus, FedEx has Saturday delivery and if I need a package that was undeliverable, they have a facility which was 10 minutes away from my home and had convenient hours. UPS's hours are during regular business hours WAAAAYYYYY across town. FedEx is definitely more convient for me.

Related to Choosing Between Cats & Dogs: Pros & Cons

1. What are the pros and cons of having a cat?

Cats are low-maintenance pets that are independent and do not require as much attention as dogs. They are great for people who have busy lifestyles and cannot commit to spending a lot of time with their pets. Cats are also clean animals, as they groom themselves regularly. However, some cons of having a cat include their tendency to scratch furniture and their aloof nature, as they are not as social or affectionate as dogs.

2. What are the pros and cons of having a dog?

Dogs are loyal and affectionate companions who provide unconditional love and are great for families. They are also highly trainable and can be taught various tricks and behaviors. However, owning a dog requires a lot of time and attention, as they need to be walked and exercised regularly. They also have a higher maintenance cost, as they need to be groomed and taken to the vet more often than cats.

3. Which pet is better for someone with allergies?

If you have allergies, a cat may be a better choice for you. Cats produce less dander (dead skin cells) than dogs, which is the primary cause of pet allergies. However, some breeds of dogs, such as poodles and bichon frises, are hypoallergenic and may be suitable for allergy sufferers.

4. What factors should I consider before choosing between a cat and a dog?

Some factors to consider include your lifestyle, living space, and budget. If you have a busy schedule and live in a small apartment, a cat may be a better fit. However, if you have a more active lifestyle and a larger living space, a dog may be a better choice. It is also important to consider the cost of owning a pet, including food, grooming, and medical expenses.

5. Which do you prefer, a cat or a dog?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I do not have a preference between cats and dogs. Both can make wonderful pets, and the decision ultimately depends on the individual's lifestyle and preferences. Some people may prefer the independence of cats, while others may enjoy the companionship and energy of dogs. It is important to carefully consider your own needs and abilities before deciding on a pet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Toni Monsen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies