• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating an Unusual Appetizer with Cheese, Bacon & Onions - Help!

In summary, some creative appetizer ideas using cheese, bacon, and onions include mini quiches, bacon-wrapped onion rings, cheese-stuffed jalapenos, and a cheese and bacon dip with caramelized onions. For vegetarian-friendly options, you can use vegetarian bacon alternatives and pair it with a creamy cheese like goat cheese. Gluten-free options include using gluten-free crackers or bread for a cheese and bacon crostini or using gluten-free tortilla chips for a bacon and onion dip. Most of these appetizers can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. Alternative ingredients that can be used include prosciutto, pancetta, smoked salmon, various types of cheese, and caramelized apples or pears instead of onions.
heat123
Silver Member
Am I completely out of my mind and totally make up this recipe? lol It was an appetizer with cheese, bacon and green onions maybe and cream cheese? in a pie crust cut outs in the MMP??? I didn't find it in the recipes section? Help, anyone? TIA! :p:D:chef:

Heather - it's the Bacon Cheddar Bites in the newest Season's Best - I just made these for Christmas party - big hit!

There's Tomato Bacon Cups, too! Tomatoes, Onions, Bacon, cream cheese, swiss cheese and pie crust. Super Yummy!

thanks, I am glad I am not loosing it! .lol

Pampered_Ashley84 said:
There's Tomato Bacon Cups, too! Tomatoes, Onions, Bacon, cream cheese, swiss cheese and pie crust. Super Yummy!

Ouhh.. I like the sounds of onions and tomatoes. where is that recipe?

Tomato Bacon Cups
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked
1 medium tomato
1/2 small onion
3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon basil
1 - 10 ounce can refrigerated flaky biscuits (the kind that have the layers to separate)

Preheat oven 375° F. Chop bacon, tomato, and onion. Mix all ingredients into 2 quart batter bowl. Separate each biscuit into 3 thinner biscuits. Spritz muffin pans and lay each biscuit over a cup and shape using miniature-tart shaper. Fill cups with bacon mixture.

Bake 10-12 minutes until golden

What are some creative appetizer ideas using cheese, bacon, and onions?

One idea is to make mini bacon and onion quiches using a muffin tin. You can also make bacon-wrapped onion rings or cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapenos. Another option is to create a cheese and bacon dip with caramelized onions.

How can I incorporate cheese, bacon, and onions into a vegetarian-friendly appetizer?

You can use vegetarian bacon alternatives, such as tempeh or coconut bacon, and pair it with a creamy cheese like goat cheese or a vegan cheese substitute. For the onions, you can caramelize them for added depth of flavor.

Are there any gluten-free options for appetizers with cheese, bacon, and onions?

Yes, you can use gluten-free crackers or bread for a cheese and bacon crostini or make a gluten-free crust for a quiche. You can also use gluten-free tortilla chips for a bacon and onion dip.

Can I make these appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, most of these appetizers can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. The quiches can be frozen and reheated in the oven, and the dips can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave.

Are there any alternative ingredients I can use for these appetizers?

Yes, instead of bacon, you can use prosciutto, pancetta, or even smoked salmon for a different flavor profile. For cheese, you can use a variety of options such as feta, blue cheese, or brie. And instead of onions, you can try using caramelized apples or pears for a sweet twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips