• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Fall Changeover Box Charge: Clarifying Shipping Fees for Consultants

'ol PC scam...I always make a joke that the state wants their piece of flesh too... nothing we can do about it
finley1991
Can anyone help me with this?

I have a come back to the table consultant (she wasn't with me the first time) and she's a real PITA. That aside, she questions EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Her latest is about the fall changeover box. Her e-mail to me said:

Didn't you think I got my fall paperwork free for submitting a show in July? Am I wrong?

The subject line said "Statement". So I'm wondering if she was charged shipping for the box? I checked my commission statement and I wasn't charged. And of course I've scoured Consultant's Corner and can't find ANYWHERE where it says we are charged for the box but I remember that I used to be charged shipping. Or did I dream that?

Anyway, can anyone help me with this. I need to find it IN WRITING for her. (She has to have everything in writing).

Where's the *smacking my head* smiley?

I called HO for another thing and asked and verified that consultants are charged shipping for the box... D's aren't. But if anyone does know where this is in writing, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!!!!

It's on the back of the kit agreement form Under #8.
HTH.

submitting the July show made them eligible to receive the box at no charge for the supplies but they are charged for the shipment of the supplies

pcjenni said:
submitting the July show made them eligible to receive the box at no charge for the supplies but they are charged for the shipment of the supplies

Thank you!!!! :)

And Colleen..I have wanted to say this...I love your very pretty bar of whisks on by your picture!

alaulds said:
It's on the back of the kit agreement form Under #8.
HTH.

Thank you! I was pretty sure it was there and overlooked it when I looked this morning. This consultant told me I told her the box was *FREE* so she's questioning the charge. At this point, I'm half-expecting her to ask me to pay her the $6.50 since I told her it was free. Oy.

I had forgotten it was in the agreement until my last consultant asked me about it when she signed. I always forget to explain the insurance charges as well. If you think about it 25 catalogs cost at least 12.50 plus shipping so the catalogs are free just not the shipping.

I can't find it. That's weird!!

They charged $6.50? I thought it was the minimum $4.50???If she keeps fussing about the shipping cost, offer to buy the whole box from her for that $6.50/$4.50 shipping cost. She can re-order the catalogs, pay full price AND shipping. LOL

finley1991 said:
Thank you! I was pretty sure it was there and overlooked it when I looked this morning. This consultant told me I told her the box was *FREE* so she's questioning the charge. At this point, I'm half-expecting her to ask me to pay her the $6.50 since I told her it was free. Oy.

I recently had "one of those" on my team. Worked for another DS company...told me PC was a "scam" because they don't pay commission on shipping and tax.

mad0018.gif

PamperedK said:
I recently had "one of those" on my team. Worked for another DS company...told me PC was a "scam" because they don't pay commission on shipping and tax.

mad0018.gif

what company does that??? that would be illegal, wouldn't it.

cincychef said:
what company does that??? that would be illegal, wouldn't it.

None of them do. I know someone else who sells the same product as she does, so I asked her and she said NO WAY they do not get paid on tax and shipping.

This person is just kookie, I think.

PamperedK said:

I had another consultant call me in tears the other day because one of her customers berated her for charging tax on shipping and how that's ILLEGAL!!! I explained that it's on the *handling* part but the customer was having no part of it. I wanted to tell her to take it up with the governor!

There is just no pleasing some people! LOL!

Yes... the 'ol PC scam...

I always make a joke that the state wants their piece of flesh too... nothing we can do about it

finley1991 said:
I had another consultant call me in tears the other day because one of her customers berated her for charging tax on shipping and how that's ILLEGAL!!! I explained that it's on the *handling* part but the customer was having no part of it. I wanted to tell her to take it up with the governor!

LOL! I've been questioned on that many times, and been told it's illegal too. I do just tell people to take it up with the state of MI - since they are the ones charging it, not me. :) I tell them if it was up to me then I wouldn't charge it either.

Maybe we should call it the 'Ol MI Shipping Tax Scam. :)

finley1991 said:

lol yeah 30 years of scamming people...funny she was the first person to catch on eh?

finley1991 said:

I tell them to take it up with their elected officials as it is a FLORIDA law, not a PC law.

finley1991 said:
Maybe we should call it the 'Ol MI Shipping Tax Scam. :)

Tell them to rule out moving to FL and NY...we do it too! I just tell my customers to make sure they put their pantry items in the other column because the state of NY does not tax food...long pause...YET!

baychef said:
Tell them to rule out moving to FL and NY...we do it too! I just tell my customers to make sure they put their pantry items in the other column because the state of NY does not tax food...long pause...YET!

Funny - MI doesn't tax food either, but people always ignore the pantry section of the order form, and put their pantry items with the other items. I get all kinds of outside order payments that have the tax figured on pantry items - even though the OOF is clearly marked. I just round 'em up to the amount of payment. :D

In NC we are taxed on shipping too and even when I highlight that on the OOF people still leave it off. We are also taxed on food here - 2%. Our regular sales tax just went back down to 6.75%. It was temporarily (for about two years or so) 7.75%. I have had people tell me it's not illegal to tax shipping too. My response is that it has to do with the handling part and it depends on the way the tax codes are written for each type of company. Pampered Chef has been doing business for over 30 years and I'm sure they'd have been told by now if they were doing it wrong. Give me a break we're taking about cents here.

bethcooks4u said:
In NC we are taxed on shipping too and even when I highlight that on the OOF people still leave it off. We are also taxed on food here - 2%. Our regular sales tax just went back down to 6.75%. It was temporarily (for about two years or so) 7.75%.

I have had people tell me it's not illegal to tax shipping too. My response is that it has to do with the handling part and it depends on the way the tax codes are written for each type of company. Pampered Chef has been doing business for over 30 years and I'm sure they'd have been told by now if they were doing it wrong. Give me a break we're taking about cents here.

IMHO I would be careful to say it has to do with handling because a lot of companies use that to jack their shipping costs....ie. $19.95 to ship a tshirt because of "handling" so it can make it seem like it's PC's choice. I think it's sufficient to say it's state law because PC doesn't have a choice in what taxes are applied to what items (food, shipping, etc....).

I agree with Krista. It's not a handling charge. PC is not charging anything above & beyond what that state requires them to charge. ;)

Yes. I guess I wasn't clear. I don't call it a "handling charge". What I say is "the state charges us tax on shipping and I believe it's because handling is involved. I don't know the specifics of the law, just that we're required to collect the tax."Even if it was a handling charge our shipping is so small that I don't see the comparison to $19.95 for a tshirt. in fact I point out that no matter how much they buy it's still just the base shipping. I have ordered from several direct sales companies recently and the shipping has killed me - and the extra tax it brought. lol

Chefbeckyd said:
Funny - MI doesn't tax food either, but people always ignore the pantry section of the order form, and put their pantry items with the other items. I get all kinds of outside order payments that have the tax figured on pantry items - even though the OOF is clearly marked. I just round 'em up to the amount of payment. :D

I do the same.

bethcooks4u said:
Yes. I guess I wasn't clear. I don't call it a "handling charge". What I say is "the state charges us tax on shipping and I believe it's because handling is involved. I don't know the specifics of the law, just that we're required to collect the tax."

Even if it was a handling charge our shipping is so small that I don't see the comparison to $19.95 for a tshirt. in fact I point out that no matter how much they buy it's still just the base shipping. I have ordered from several direct sales companies recently and the shipping has killed me - and the extra tax it brought. lol

It actually is the "handling" part in Virginia that causes the tax. Tastefully Simple does not charge tax b/c there box is just for shipping. Our box says Shipping and Handling and under Virginia law, that is taxed. One of my good friends is a TS consultant and when she did a PC party she was really concerned as to why we were charging tax on shipping (when she doesn't with TS). I ended up calling someone at the state and found that answer. Not sure it's like that for everyone, but that's why you pay 5% on your shipping in VA :)

1. What is the "Fall Changeover Box Charge" for consultants?

The "Fall Changeover Box Charge" is a fee that is charged to consultants for shipping and handling of the Fall Changeover Box. This box contains new products and materials for the upcoming season.

2. How much is the "Fall Changeover Box Charge"?

The "Fall Changeover Box Charge" is $25 for all consultants, regardless of their sales level or location.

3. When will the "Fall Changeover Box Charge" be applied?

The "Fall Changeover Box Charge" will be applied on the first order placed after August 1st, 2021. This ensures that consultants have the necessary materials for the upcoming season.

4. Can the "Fall Changeover Box Charge" be waived?

No, the "Fall Changeover Box Charge" cannot be waived. It is a standard fee that is necessary for shipping and handling of the Fall Changeover Box.

5. Will the "Fall Changeover Box Charge" be refunded if the consultant cancels their membership?

No, the "Fall Changeover Box Charge" is non-refundable. It covers the cost of shipping and handling, regardless of the consultant's membership status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • quiverfull7