• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Walk-Thru Tips and Tricks for a Successful Showcase

In summary, this expert has done a walk-thru with the old catalog and had a great response. They tried this with the new catalog and did not have a good response. They suggest doing a show with a different format, where the guest searches for products instead of just looking at them. They also suggest talking about the newest products and doing a couple of door prizes.
itsjustCarla
I did quite a few catalog walk-thru shows with the old catalog (searching for food items rather than just products) and had a GREAT response!

Has anyone done one with the new catalog? If so, how did you do it??

thanks

I guess I am not familiar with this process? Please explain:confused:

I tried this at my last 2 shows. There weren't many guests. But, I felt like I was rambling and they weren't really interested. I talked about stoneware, cookware and SA and some of my favorite products. When you do this do you go front to back or do you skip around in the catalog? How do you get the guests involved?

I did this last night and the only 2 guests that showed up (45 mins late) said that they really enjoyed me doing the walk through I started at the beggining and mentioned something on each page. My host has been to 2 other parties and she really like it also.

I found the idea on this site. This is what I did - it was kinda like a scavenger hunt. I asked them to find...say.. uncooked pasta..and the first one to find the page with the pasta on it got a ticket - then I would discuss some or all of the products on that page. At the end, I drew a ticket (or 2 or 3) to win a door prize.

Every time I've done one of these shows, they've always been a huge hit, because it is "different" than usual shows and they had to REALLY look at the catalog rather than just skimming thru it.

I went thru the new catalog and there are soooo many foods that are shown on several different pages that it would be kinda difficult to do it. I was hoping that someone here had an idea on how to do it differently?

Keep an eye out for RaeBates to post. She does this show all the time!

I knew she'd come thru!

Thanks Rae :p I DO remember you posting this before...

Thanks Rae!!! I knew I had gotten that idea from a PRO!

That's me, a PRO--Perky, Redheaded Oddity.

Hey, Rae, I am seriously considering starting this type of show in July and am going to be getting my packets out in a day or two. Do you talk about how you do your demo in your letter to your hostesses? If so, can you please attach what you use? It would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! :D TIA!

Actually, since most of my bookings come from shows, most of them are familiar with what I do. Generally speaking, if it's a "cold" booking, I tell the host what I'm planning during our first host coaching call. My part goes something like this:Now, I was planning to make make something ahead of time instead of in front of everyone. This way everyone has a chance to eat and talk a bit before we get started. Then, I'll go through the catalog and talk with them about lots of products. Will that work for you?I also ask if it's a crowd that's really familiar with PC. If so, I suggest a Yak & Snack. Basically I just talk about the newest products and do a couple of door prizes. It's only about 20 minutes of me talking.

Sounds Great!!!!! Thanks for the idea....

What is a "Catalog Walk-Thru"?

A "Catalog Walk-Thru" is a virtual presentation of our products, where you can see and learn about our latest items and promotions without leaving the comfort of your own home.

How do I access the "Catalog Walk-Thru"?

You can access the "Catalog Walk-Thru" by visiting our website, where you will find a link to the virtual presentation on our homepage. You can also request a link to the presentation from your Pampered Chef consultant.

Can I make purchases during the "Catalog Walk-Thru"?

Yes, you can make purchases during the "Catalog Walk-Thru". Simply add the items you wish to purchase to your online shopping cart and proceed to checkout as you normally would.

Do I need any special software or equipment to participate in the "Catalog Walk-Thru"?

No, you do not need any special software or equipment. The "Catalog Walk-Thru" can be accessed through any computer or mobile device with internet connection.

Are there any exclusive deals or promotions during the "Catalog Walk-Thru"?

Yes, there are often exclusive deals and promotions during the "Catalog Walk-Thru". Be sure to check the presentation for any special offers that may be available only during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vminaudo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
  • barbara_anne