• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cash and Carry--What Do You Do?

Inventory Order at the top.You must order at least six of an item.Follow the steps in the Personal Orders section.Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the
gailz2
Gold Member
I have a couple booths this month and thought I'd do some cash and carry, but have a couple questions:
1. Do you sell only current products?
2. Do you ever sell anything without the original box (that you may have show and shows)
3. How much shipping do you add to the items, and what if it is only a $10 or $15 item?
4. Do you place a special order for the event? What sells better, cheap or more expensive items?

I've never done cash n carry...but I have been considering lately ordering some mini serving spatulas, skinny scrapers, and mix n chops to have on hand. Those are my 3 best selling tools $10 and under, and if I didn't sell them, they would make great giveaways & incentives.If I did this, I would sell them at regular price plus tax, and I wouldn't add shipping.

Sounds good. I was thinking the pink knives would be great, as well.

gailz2 said:
Sounds good. I was thinking the pink knives would be great, as well.

Ohhh, those would probably be good, along with the pink & white twixits.

I just had a booth this Saturday. I bought a few things to have for Cash and Carry. But I didn't really promote it, because my main goal was bookings or HWC orders. I had only one person order a pink knife. No one else asked about buying anything else that day. I guess I might have sold more if that's what I was encouraging though.

Not to be a pain again, but be very careful about talking about cash and carry out here. We all know HO monitors this site and it is against company policy to buy products for resale ANYWHERE!!!! It is best NOT to discuss this here at all!

I have sold extra items I've had on hand and used items too. I make the items that are used and sell them at 50% off. I have never personally ordered anything to actually sell for cash and carry.

pampered1224 said:
Not to be a pain again, but be very careful about talking about cash and carry out here. We all know HO monitors this site and it is against company policy to buy products for resale ANYWHERE!!!! It is best NOT to discuss this here at all!
There is actually a policy that addresses personal inventory for booths, which is what Cash and Carry items fall under.

From page 11 of the Policy Guide:
PERSONAl INVENTORY
Although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must be placed separately from any other order, via paper only.
To order items for personal inventory:
  • Use a sales receipt, and write Personal Inventory Order at the top.
  • You must order at least six of an item.
  • Follow the steps in the Personal Orders section.
  • Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order before the discount.
  • Determine applicable shipping charges from the individual shipping schedule on the back of the sales receipt.
Note:
  • No commission will be paid on personal inventory purchases.
  • Merchandise is nonrefundable, except upon termination of the Independent Consultant Agreement. Refer to your agreement for details.

pampered1224 said:

That's not true - you can order products for personal inventory...it's just not something that's required or encouraged.

WOW you should have seen the e-mail I got - don't have it anymore - but I got verbally reamed for even considering it. I asked specifically about HWC stuff. However, the lady that responded said point blank that no Pampered Chef products should be presented for resale for any reason. So I took that to mean, never ever new, old or otherwise. So maybe I miss interpreted that. Sorry!

pampered1224 said:
WOW you should have seen the e-mail I got - don't have it anymore - but I got verbally reamed for even considering it. I asked specifically about HWC stuff. However, the lady that responded said point blank that no Pampered Chef products should be presented for resale for any reason. So I took that to mean, never ever new, old or otherwise. So maybe I miss interpreted that. Sorry!

Maybe she thought you were wanting to sell them on Ebay or something?

Or maybe it was just another case of someone in the solution center not knowing what they were talking about. :rolleyes:;)

Thank you Chef Ann for posting the policy.

I am one of the few that does sell cash 'n carry products. I have my "Most Requested" products available. In our area where the economy is in the pits, having some CnC on-hand helps cover my booth expenses.

I do a booth in November every year..I think I might buy some of the great pink products this year.

pampered1224 said:

next time we whip you with a limp noodle John... :)

I will bring extra spices or sauces that I have from items I bought for hostess gifts. They sell like crazy.

DessertDivaFL said:
Thank you Chef Ann for posting the policy.

I am one of the few that does sell cash 'n carry products. I have my "Most Requested" products available. In our area where the economy is in the pits, having some CnC on-hand helps cover my booth expenses.

What are your "most requested" items? I'm toying with the idea of having a few odd things for my booth coming up.

I do cash and carry some, but very limited. Usually items that I know I can give away as gifts or giveaways at larger events. I don't like to have a lot of inventory on hand - that's one of the reasons I started with TPC!! :)

1. What is Cash and Carry?

Cash and Carry is a sales method where customers can purchase products directly from a Pampered Chef consultant without having to place an order or wait for delivery.

2. How does Cash and Carry work?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I bring a selection of our products to an event or party and customers can purchase them on the spot. They can take the products home with them that day.

3. Is Cash and Carry available for all Pampered Chef products?

Yes, most of our product line is available for Cash and Carry purchases. However, some limited edition or seasonal items may only be available through ordering.

4. Can I pay with cash for Cash and Carry purchases?

Yes, we accept cash, credit/debit cards, and checks for Cash and Carry purchases.

5. Are there any discounts or promotions available for Cash and Carry purchases?

Yes, we often have special discounts and promotions for Cash and Carry purchases at events or parties. Check with your consultant for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thov99
Replies
Views
3RingChef