• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Care Packages for Paige's Children

In summary, Paula is planning to send care packages to Paige's children, and is looking for a way to pay for the postage. she also wants to contribute to a memorial fund or send Paige something each month.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
If you are sending something to Paige's children, please list it here. (If this is not approved by Greg & he sees a need to shut it down I will keep a list if you'll PM me, but summer is hectic and I'm not always available to keep it updated)
(Gift card name of place only not $$ amount)
This way they won't end up with duplicates if you are sending school supplies or toys!!

Where will the care packages need to be sent??

Paula

Teresa,

Put me down for sending a 'goodie' package of german treats...do we have an address yet? Feel free to PM me.

Kris

I posted in the other thread that I think it's a good idea to just PM everyone interested the address.....
I will pick up a Walmart gift card.

Put me down for some crayons,glue and some small toys. Let me know where to send them .

I didn't see this before I posted on the other thread. I am not thread savvy. I was wondering if someone could set up a PO Box for us to send our gifts to.

I think to do a post office box it would have to be rented. Then they would have to go pick everything up at the PO

We bought Tinkerbell markers, and other girly stuff all Tinkerbell

For the little one my daughter picked out Elmo backpack and coloring books, an Elmo water bottle and a styrofoam glider, engineer train hat and train whistle.
The middle one she bought the glider, spiderman bag, water bottle, coloring book, hot wheels and candy for all of them

We will a few goodies for school, and some feel good stuff, like cds, dvds, and what not. Please PM where I am supposed to send this to?

How about getting Shawn (MrBoogie68) involved? She lives in Grand Junction and knows her family. Maybe she has a really good idea on where we can send gifts.

I'll get a Walmart gift card.

Please let me know too where to send. I will get a McD's gift card.

What about clothing sizes? Maybe some things to WEAR to school would be helpful, and it's always fun to get new clothes!!

Paula

MomToEli said:
How about getting Shawn (MrBoogie68) involved? She lives in Grand Junction and knows her family. Maybe she has a really good idea on where we can send gifts.

I'll get a Walmart gift card.

Well, I've never been to Grand Junction, so I don't know how big the town is, but if Shawn is a friend and doesn't live too far away, perhaps we could see if she'd be willing to deliver for us???:confused:

Just a thought, though I wouldn't want her to feel "obligated" or pressured in any way, of course....

Paula

I will pick up a target or walmart gift card please PM me the address. Thanks a bunch!

Shawn was the one I was thinking of and hoping would be able to connect us with someone to help out. I am sure there are plenty of people including myself who would cover the cost of a PO Box. I know I wouldn't want my home address drifting out and about even through PM. Though prob not to difficult for those with not so good motives to find out personal info anyway!

I have left a message on the Mr. & Mrs. Birgfelds home phone, stating who I was, how I "knew" Paige and what we were wanting to do and asked for an address to mail the packages to. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

OK, on renting the PO box, here's my thoughts (Doesn't mean they are right so I'm open for more discussion)

1. It is going to cost someone... don't know how much rent is, or if it can be done if you aren't there to sign papers for it. Never rented one so I do not know the details or regulations. I do know postal regulations are stricter since 9/11 & I'm not sure soemone in a different state can get one... anyone know??

2. They are going to have to go to the post office to retrieve anything we send......
a.) how will they know how often to go?
b.) is there a location near them??

I HATE going to the post office & I have no stress in my life (well, not much) If it is a card it would be in there but packages will have to be passed over the counter. In our small town waiting in line is a nightmare

It doesn't matter to me where we send them I just want the children and her parents to know she meant something to each of us, and we have not forgotten her. If we can bring a smile to the children or ease the burden for her mom of where is dinner from tonight, then we have accomplished our act of kindness.

Paula R. Lewis said:
What about clothing sizes? Maybe some things to WEAR to school would be helpful, and it's always fun to get new clothes!!

Paula

That sounds good to me...but if we don't know sizes, it's kinda tough.

If not clothing, then I'll buy some books and a gift card. Please let me know where to send as well.

Thanks!
Cat

Um, aren't they living at Paige's house? And hasn't that address been all over the news? I would think we could send things there. Of course, they may not still be there, but if her dad is still going on the river daily, I'll bet they are.

Also, her brother is from Seattle, isn't he? And isn't he a Pediatric Plastic Surgeon? He can't be all that hard to find.

MomToEli said:
Um, aren't they living at Paige's house? And hasn't that address been all over the news? I would think we could send things there. Of course, they may not still be there, but if her dad is still going on the river daily, I'll bet they are.

Also, her brother is from Seattle, isn't he? And isn't he a Pediatric Plastic Surgeon? He can't be all that hard to find.

Seattle Childrens hospital it listed a phone number under his profile for the hosptial I PM'd someone with the link to it so it wouldn't be listed right out in the open; but I haven't heard anything since i sent that.

Tonia

Why not check and see if there's a PostNet or UPS Store nearby that might receive packages as a community outreach sort of thing?

ok, Shawn has emailed me that as far as she knows the kids are still with Paige's parents at Paige's home. I do have her address so let me know if you need it.

Lets' get those care packages sent!!
Teresa

Here's a thought.......

When mailing the care packages PLEASE use a PC address label or mail in a PC box so they are not hesitant to open them or maybe write the address on your PC stationary.

What kind of message are you all putting in the package for the kids? Are the packages being addressed to the kids or to the grandparents? Even though we would be sending gifts, I don't want to upset them.

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, Shawn has emailed me that as far as she knows the kids are still with Paige's parents at Paige's home. I do have her address so let me know if you need it.

Teresa
Teresa,
Please PM me with address.
Thank you!

Teresa Lynn said:

Teresa

Teresa,

Please PM me the address. Thanks for the tip on the addressing, too.

Teresa,

Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Great idea about marking Pampered Chef somewhere on the package!!

I did a search, and it looks like there's a Kohl's Dept store, as well as an Old Navy, really close to them. I think I'll go with a gift card to Old Navy.

As for "what to write", I was thinking about....

I don't actually know Paige, but she is still a part of our extended Pampered Chef family; as such, so are her children.
Since Paige is currently unable to, we would like to help "fill in the gap" and help provide some of the "extras" that we know she would be doing herself for her children if she could. We hope this helps ease your burden, if only a little bit.
We are all very sad to hear of your current situation, and pray for a happy resolution, and soon!

Or something like that....

Paula

Could someone please PM me with the address.

Thanks, Michelle

If this has been mentioned elsewhere, forgive me for repeating it, but does anyone know if any kind of fund has been set up for the children at a local bank?

Paula your words are wonderful. I am sure they will be appreciated by all.

Shawn said the only fund is for the Foundation providing the search team.
Forgive me without rereading all the posts I think it is the Jennifer and Abbey Foundation.

I have spoken with someone close to the family. Paige's parents have suggested that if you want to make a donation of some sort, then they would want you to make it to the Jennifer and Abby Search Foundation.

my package has already been mailed with a note to her children.

I will make a donation to the search foundation too, I hope the children will get a little comfort in our care packages as well.

Theresa,

Could you PM me the address too please.

Thanks!

baychef said:
Paula your words are wonderful. I am sure they will be appreciated by all.

:blushing: Aw, thanks, Ann!

Here's my actual letter....

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Birgfeld,

I am a Consultant with The Pampered Chef, and, while I’ve not had the pleasure of meeting your daughter, Paige, my heart is heavy when I realize the pain you must be experiencing by her absence.

As a mother of three great children myself, I cannot imagine what your emotions are at this time, but I hope you find some solace in knowing that many prayers have and continue to go up for your entire family, and we pray for some sort of resolution to come in the very near future.

Some of the Consultants thought we’d like to do something for the children, especially seeing that the new school year is starting. We realize that there are many things children need, and know that their mother would want to be sure that their needs are taken care of. Since she is currently unable to do that, and we really don’t know what their specific needs are, we thought gift cards might come in handy to you, so that you can use them as you see fit. Enclosed please find an Old Navy gift card from me, which I hope is a blessing to the children. It’s one of my own children’s favorite places to shop, so I hope they like it, too!

You know, many Pampered Chef Consultants think of ourselves as being a part of a larger, Pampered Chef “family”, so to speak. With that in mind, it only seems natural for us to want to help a “family member” in crisis.

I do not know how many Consultants will be in contact with you, but I have no doubt that you will receive prayers from many others.

We are following Paige’s story on a daily basis. Please keep us posted as you can, and don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help you or the children.

Respectfully,

Paula

pamperedlinda said:
that sounds nice Paula.

Thanks, Linda! (Didn't mean to "exclude" you in my previous response!!)
:eek:

Paula

Paula, that made me cry. It will mean alot to them I'm sure they don't fully realize what a "family" we are !!
Teresa

Lovely letter, well stated.

It's nothing, really. I just thought others might want some "wording" ideas, so I thought I'd share mine. Hope it helps someone else, that's all!

I've had the privilege of being a part of the PC "family" for 10 years now, and I really do mean it when I call it that. The friendships that I've formed from it, both from other Consultants, hostesses, and customers? Priceless.

You guys are great!!

Blessings,
Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
Thanks, Linda! (Didn't mean to "exclude" you in my previous response!!)
:eek:

Paula
I don't feel like you did so don't worry about it. You have a very nice way with words!

theresa,

Please PM the address to me as well. THanks!

Paula,
The letter you included in your package is beautiful. I am sure they will be touched by it just as we all are.

Please PM me the address also:)

Whoever is "monitoring" the care packages....I sent my gift card and letter to Paige's parents on Monday, so I am thinking they should've received it today.

Now, I know they've got their hands full right now, and I certainly don't expect a reply from them, but will anyone be in touch with them to see if our stuff arrives OK? I am mainly concerned because a gift card is so much like mailing cash, so I just want to know that they got it.

Thanks,
Paula

When I talked to Suzanne Monday none of the boxes or envelopes had arrived yet.
Considering everything I don't expect to hear from them for awhile.
Craig has returned there for a few days but someone is staying at her house all the time. I think it will arrive safely.

Is there anyone I missed who wanted the address and asked for a PM?
I have tried to be diligent & keep up with it. I want to make sure everyone who plans to participate gets the address. If you have requested the address and I haven't replied please email me
[email protected]
Teresa

1. What type of items should I include in a care package for Paige's children?

Some suggested items to include in a care package for Paige's children are school supplies, toys, books, and gift cards to stores like Target or Walmart.

2. Do I need to get approval from Greg before sending a care package to Paige's children?

It is always a good idea to get approval from Greg before sending anything to Paige's children. He knows their needs and preferences best and can ensure that they receive useful and appropriate items.

3. Should I include a specific dollar amount on the gift cards I send?

No, please only include the name of the store on the gift cards, not the dollar amount. This will prevent duplicate gift cards from being sent and allow the children to use the cards as they need.

4. Can I send care packages for Paige's children year-round?

Yes, you can send care packages for Paige's children at any time. However, please keep in mind that summer is a busy time for the family and they may not be able to respond or acknowledge your package right away.

5. Can I send non-perishable snacks or food items in my care package?

Yes, non-perishable snacks or food items are welcome in care packages for Paige's children. Just be sure to check with Greg for any allergies or dietary restrictions the children may have before sending these items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • cwinter474
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • The_Kitchen_Guy