• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Style Carafe Leaking?

In summary, the customer's Carafe was leaking and she is hesitant to take it apart to fix it because of the warranty. The customer is considering either buying a new one or replacing it.
DebbieJ
I have a customer who bought the Carafe last year. She resurfaced at a show this weekend and said it's leaking.

I have one but don't use it much, so I didn't know what to tell her. She is hesitant to try and take it apart so I told her I would ask.

She is still under guarantee, so I could just get her a new one, but if it's just a simple tightening issue that would be far less hassle.

Anyone?

Where is it leaking? Around the opening like it's not sealing all of the way? Or around the middle where that seam is at?

Oops, sorry. It's leaking out the bottom where the big black circle is.

I would think that it's either two things:

1) there's a crack in the glass & the liquid is getting down into the bottom. In this case, it needs to be replaced. OR

2) She submerged it into the dish water to wash it. I would guess this more than anything because I just did it with mine, now I've got water 'leaking' out the bottom.

If it's actually the liquid, maybe it's seeping around the top after pouring? Then it's probably just a tightening issue.

I have one that actually I had to get the replacement inside thing because it broke - (that was another thread!) ANYHOW - I did the replacement and have to say - it leaks from the top to the bottom - basically when I wash it out, the liquid seeps thru to inside - so the seal isn't as tight as it was when I first got it (before it broke) - My DH has re done it, myself etc - just don't work as well - so every time I use it, I have to unscrew the bottom and let water out - needless to say, I don't use it much at all - went back to the old one - thought it was better at keeping things hot too!!

Deb - I would have her replace it -

I know I don't sell many or push them anymore because I personally am not the biggest fan anymore - its pretty to look at but not as good as the last one. Just my opinion!

PamperedDor said:
Deb - I would have her replace it -

Thanks...that was my gut feeling, so that's what I'll do.

1. Why is my new style carafe leaking?

There are a few possible reasons why your carafe may be leaking. First, make sure that the lid is securely twisted on and that the spout is aligned with the pour spout on the lid. If the lid is not properly sealed, it can cause leaking. Additionally, check the rubber seal on the bottom of the lid to make sure it is not worn or damaged. Finally, be careful not to overfill the carafe, as this can also cause leaking.

2. Can I fix a leak in my new style carafe?

If the leak is due to a damaged or worn rubber seal on the lid, you can purchase a replacement seal from Pampered Chef and easily replace it yourself. However, if the leak is due to a crack or break in the carafe itself, unfortunately it cannot be fixed and you will need to purchase a new carafe.

3. Can I use my new style carafe for hot liquids?

Yes, the new style carafe is designed to withstand both hot and cold liquids. However, do not place the carafe in the oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave.

4. How do I clean my new style carafe?

The carafe and lid are both dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash the lid to prolong the life of the rubber seal. You can also use a bottle brush to clean the inside of the carafe, especially for hard-to-reach areas.

5. Can I use my new style carafe with other Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the new style carafe is designed to be compatible with other Pampered Chef products, such as the Quick-Stir® Pitcher and the Quick Stir® Pitcher & Funnel Set. You can also use it with any other mixing and measuring tools from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • shuttermonster
  • General Chat
Replies