• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caprese Sandwiches Without Nuts...

In summary, the ingredients for a caprese sandwich without nuts include fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and crusty bread. You can substitute the mozzarella cheese with other types of cheese like feta, goat cheese, or provolone. Balsamic vinegar is optional and can be omitted. The sandwich can be made ahead of time, but it's best to assemble it right before serving. There are also variations to the traditional recipe, such as adding avocado, pesto, or roasted red peppers.
jentapp
Can the Caprese mini sandwiches be made without the nuts? I have a host who is interested in those for her show but she's allergic to tree nuts.

Not a problemI had to do a show too where one of the guest was allergic to nuts so we just left them out. However, I did not use the Food Chopper then on just the basil as it will not work well. I used the Chef's knife a did a simple chifanod. (Sp?) You sortta roll the leaves together like a cigar then slice them very thin while holding them. Or put the leaves in a Prep Bowl and use the Kitchen Shears to cut it very nicely. Tip: Do not do the basil ahead of time though, it turns black if it sits too long.

Thanks! :DAwesome! Thanks! :D

Related to Caprese Sandwiches Without Nuts...

What are the ingredients for a caprese sandwich without nuts?

The ingredients for a caprese sandwich without nuts typically include fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a loaf of crusty bread.

Can I substitute the mozzarella cheese with a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can substitute the mozzarella cheese with any type of cheese that you prefer. Some popular alternatives include feta, goat cheese, or provolone.

Do I have to use balsamic vinegar in the recipe?

No, you can omit the balsamic vinegar if you prefer. It adds a tangy flavor to the sandwich, but it is not necessary for the overall taste.

Can I make this sandwich ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the caprese sandwich ahead of time, but it is best to assemble it right before serving to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.

Are there any variations to the traditional caprese sandwich without nuts?

Yes, there are many variations to the traditional caprese sandwich without nuts. Some popular additions include avocado, pesto, or roasted red peppers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jasonmva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies