• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Save a Deep Covered Baker After Using Magic Eraser?

In summary, the customer's MIL used a magic eraser to clean the deep-covered baker and now the customer is worried about the chemicals. There are no chemicals in the Magic Erasers, but the customer recommends baking soda paste or contacting HO.
Careyann
Gold Member
oI just got an email from a customer that her MIL well intentioned husband used magic eraser to clean her deep covered baker, she has soaked it for two days. Any one know if there is a way to get the chemicals out? If she lets it dry do you think it will be okay?

Any help is appreciated!!!!

She can try lining it with some really cheap, greasy biscuits and baking them. Then re-wash in hot soapy water with baking soda. It might take 2-3 times, tho.

Or contact HO and see what they recommend. YIKES!

Careyann said:
oI just got an email from a customer that her MIL well intentioned husband used magic eraser to clean her deep covered baker, she has soaked it for two days.

While I'm :eek: it happened, I have to say I'm impressed that the husband made such attempts to clean something!

That's what I was wondering!! I left a message for the test kitchen, I will come back and post what they say she should do.

There's no chemicals in the Magic Erasers, at least that's my understanding, I haven't used them in a long time.

But I think I'd recommend the baking soda paste.

MLinAZ said:
There's no chemicals in the Magic Erasers, at least that's my understanding, I haven't used them in a long time.

But I think I'd recommend the baking soda paste.

Actually, I've read horror stories where kids (not with uncaring parents, just with parents who didn't know what would happen) have used magic erasers on their hands/arms and gotten chemical burns. I don't know that I would trust that baker until HO told me what to do.

My toddler ate a Magic Eraser once and poison control told me not to worry about it. So I don't think it is that dangerous.

pcsharon1 said:
Actually, I've read horror stories where kids (not with uncaring parents, just with parents who didn't know what would happen) have used magic erasers on their hands/arms and gotten chemical burns. I don't know that I would trust that baker until HO told me what to do.

Those are friction burns caused by the ME, not chemicals.

Back to the DCB, you could put water in it and boil it in the microwave. Or, you could put it in the dishwasher on its RINSE cycle and you'd be good.Well after our first stone was out of warranty, it was looking kind of mottley, so I put it in the dishwasher with soap. When it came out, it was cleaner, some of the gunky oil buildup was gone, and it began to season beautifully. Don't put a 'young' stone in because it will void the warranty.I suppose you could put it in the oven on a cleaning cycle - I know it works for unglazed stones, can't imagine it would harm a glazed stone.If you're looking for a little gentler approach, do the baking soda paste thing.Let us know how it works out!

1. What is a DCB and how does it compare to the Magic Eraser?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware dish specifically designed for use in the oven or microwave. It is made of a natural clay material that helps to evenly distribute heat and retain moisture while cooking. The Magic Eraser, on the other hand, is a cleaning product made of melamine foam that can be used to remove stains and marks from various surfaces. So while both products may be used in the kitchen, they serve different purposes.

2. Can the DCB be used to clean surfaces like the Magic Eraser?

No, the DCB is not intended for cleaning and should not be used as a substitute for the Magic Eraser. It is designed for cooking and baking, and using it to clean surfaces may damage the stoneware material.

3. Are there any special cleaning instructions for the DCB?

Yes, it is important to follow proper cleaning instructions for the DCB to ensure its longevity. The stoneware should be washed with hot water and mild soap, and any stubborn food residue can be removed using a nylon scraper or brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the stoneware.

4. Can the Magic Eraser be used on the DCB?

While the Magic Eraser is safe to use on most surfaces, it is not recommended for use on stoneware products like the DCB. It may cause scratches or damage to the surface of the stoneware, so it is best to avoid using it on the DCB.

5. Is the DCB dishwasher safe?

Yes, the DCB is dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to refer to the specific product instructions for the best care and cleaning practices. Some stoneware products may have limitations or special instructions for dishwasher use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Staci