• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Believe the Dig. Thermometer Is Gone???

In summary, the rectangular baker/lid/bowl is a huge improvement over the old one and is the size of a turkey or chicken. It is also the only replacement for the deep dish baker.
gilliandanielle
I am absolutely blown away! I can't believe it! I thought it was a typo. I had already sold 4 of these since I found out what was discontinued. Am I the only on that sells these like hot cakes? They are my #12 top selling product, and I don't even own one or show one. I am buying one now though!

I wondered about it, too. Then I thought, hmm, it must not be as exclusive as it used to be - ie something is in the general market probably just like it. :)

A friend in the business suggested that there were a lot of problems with this product. She had to have the wire on her's replaced 3 times and had customers who also had them fail. Also, you can now purchase a similar thermometer that doesn't have a wire.

I LOVE mine! I'm replacing mine before they're gone!:)

I have had a customer need a replacement wire, but is that very common? I really want one, but if it is going to need replacement parts that aren't available, would it be worth the money? I didn't know they had wireless thermometers now! It is alright for me to own a FEW non-PC things, right? LOL!!

Yes, it really threw me for a loop too. And the rectangular baker lid/bowl? I just might have to buy one to keep in the closet in case something happens to mine, would hate to not be able to make the best turkey around any more. LOL.

Someone posted the picture of the new rectangular baker/lid/bowl. I love the cranberry. Is it the same size as our other rectangular bakers? I love this product. I use mine all the time.

no, the lid/bowl is HUGE, it is big enough to put a turkey in, and I use the recangular baker as the lid when I do a turkey. If you look at the picture of the new baker it is just a lid, not a lid/BOWL, in the picture it shows a chicken in it and it takes up the whole space, and I don't remember seeing it up close at the product showcase showroom. I really do like it, but it's not as big and the lid just can't do double duty. They did show that the lid does nest in the baker when it is turned upside down, but it definately won't fit those huge items in it.

jdavis said:
And the rectangular baker lid/bowl?

I think that's the one that surprised ME the most. . .there just isn't a substitute.

Shawnna said:
Someone posted the picture of the new rectangular baker/lid/bowl. I love the cranberry. Is it the same size as our other rectangular bakers? I love this product. I use mine all the time.

It's more of the size you would bake a whole chicken or a small turkey breast in.

Did I see right that the deep dish baker is being discontinued in the Classics?

Kris

I heard the Digital Thermometer was not a very reliable product. Lots of broken wires as has been reported.

The Lid/Bowl is leaving b/c the new Deep Baker is here. Although the new one is lighter, it is significantly smaller. So I guess I'll have to pick me up one of them Lid/Bowl things before it's too late....

where can I go to view new products
Shawnna said:

Does anyone know when the new product pictures and info will be available? I did not go to conference and am dieing to see the new stuff.

You can log into CC and view the Special Edition CN and shows pictures of all the new products there!:D

Just Peachy said:
Does anyone know when the new product pictures and info will be available? I did not go to conference and am dieing to see the new stuff.

this is only my 5th month as a consultant and in the same boat as 'just peachy' I realize that those who get to IL do get to see the new products before us stay at home consultants...but

I want to see the new stuff too!!!

I have to admit the thought of the digital thermoeter gone doesnt bother me. I do have one and I used it once. It doesnt have a section for ham!! I found that out this past EAster.

You can see pics if you go into Consultant Fileson Chef Success. Someone loaded pdf pages out of the consultant guide from conference. I believe there are 8 or 9 pages? Great pics and descriptions too!

Pics of new itemsSorry...I should have said go through Pampered Chef files on the main page of Chef Success. You will see 8 - 9 pdf pages there. You will have to download them individually but they are worth it! Hope this helps.

shano said:
I have to admit the thought of the digital thermoeter gone doesnt bother me. I do have one and I used it once. It doesnt have a section for ham!! I found that out this past EAster.

Shame on you, LOL!! I never cook ham, so I shouldn't have a problem with that! Send your digital thermometer donations to Gillian Wright.......LOL!!!

shano said:

If it is Fresh Ham...check your pork settings, its the same thing.
If its Smoked or Cured Ham...its already cooked, you're just heating it up.

jdavis said:
And the rectangular baker lid/bowl? I just might have to buy one to keep in the closet in case something happens to mine, would hate to not be able to make the best turkey around any more. LOL.

I feel exactly the same way! There just isn't a substitute for it, and I use mine at least once a week.

If the new baker comes out in French Vanilla I may consider getting it one day, not as a substitute but as an addition to my stoneware. It would be prettier to bring to the table when I've cooked something to take over to the in-laws for dinner.

Heck, I'm still using my baking bowl, I could sell dozens of those if they were still around!

I eventually had to use mu husbands copy of the JOy of Cooking. lol. But at least it did tell me the temp, but it kept beeping since I had to set it for beef. It was telling me it was done.

I have that baking bowl that someone gave me, but I don't know what do do with it. I never roast anything, so I have only used it once to reheat dinner rolls. (As a bowl, not as a lid) As for the ham, I love eating it, but I have never made one. If I did make one I would get a pre-cooked one I'm sure! My DH would drop dead if he came home and I was roasting something LOL!!

I have been consultant for 3.5 years and the only digital thermometer Ihave sold, is the one I bought. Isn't that funny how products vary in different regions and with different consultants?

Re the lid/bowl, I was surprised to see this item go also and the new baker in no way compares. It is more of a casserole dish, were the lid/bowl is HUGE and great for turkeys, and roasts and oven baked stew in large quantities.

Shari, I have never tried an oven baked stew, you gotta give me a recipe.

There was one thing that I was saying about conference, they need more diverse classes, because things that work for a consultant living in a HUGE city in no way compares to me living out here in podunkville, there's lots of things that I could and would do if I lived closer to civilization, but I just don't, and I can't.

I agree w/ you Jennifer. I live in a very small village There are maybe 500-700 people here but in summer because of toursut it swells to a little over 1,000 people. What works in Albany, (one hour away) doesnt always work here. Granted I grew up in So. Calif but I wouldnt trade whereI am now for the world.

Sk8Mom209 said:
I have been consultant for 3.5 years and the only digital thermometer Ihave sold, is the one I bought. Isn't that funny how products vary in different regions and with different consultants?

Re the lid/bowl, I was surprised to see this item go also and the new baker in no way compares. It is more of a casserole dish, were the lid/bowl is HUGE and great for turkeys, and roasts and oven baked stew in large quantities.

Don't you think that you sell more things that you are excited about. I used to sell Avon, and I never used make up or perfume, so when customers would ask me about it, I told them I had nothing to compare it to, but I sold tons of bottle of "hair setting lotion", because I swore by it, and I notice that I tend to sell more things that I actually use all the time.

Does anyone have some recipes for the stoneware bowl? Thanks
Jo

Can you post some recipes for the stoneware bowl? Thanks!

Related to Can You Believe the Dig. Thermometer Is Gone???

1. Can you explain why the Dig. Thermometer is no longer available?

The Dig. Thermometer has been discontinued due to a change in product offerings. However, we have several other great options for thermometers in our current product line.

2. Will the Dig. Thermometer be coming back in the future?

At this time, we do not have plans to bring back the Dig. Thermometer. However, we are always evaluating our product offerings and may introduce a similar product in the future.

3. Is there a replacement for the Dig. Thermometer?

Yes, we have several other thermometers available that offer similar features and functionality as the Dig. Thermometer. Our customer service team can assist you in finding the best replacement for your needs.

4. Can I still purchase the Dig. Thermometer anywhere?

Unfortunately, the Dig. Thermometer is no longer available for purchase. However, you may be able to find it through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.

5. How do I know which thermometer to choose as a replacement for the Dig. Thermometer?

Our customer service team can help you choose the best replacement thermometer for your needs based on your cooking habits and preferences. You can also browse our current selection of thermometers on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • kcmckay