• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies in a Rectangular Baker?

I took a batch to work as well last week for a coworkers birthday. Gone before the coffee truck rolled around at 10. I didn't get any bookings out of it, but I did get 2 marriage proposals! lol (I work in automotive with all men!)I tried the recipe at another consultants show and she used milk duds and they tasted fabulous!!I used rolos - it tasted delicious!Rolos are the intended candy. But because HO doesn't want to imply an agreement between them and any specific manufacturer, they don't use brand names in the recipe.
PCSarahjm
Can these be baked in the rectangular baker? I have a show tomorrow and the host wants these brownies and Clubhouse Chicken Squares...I only have 1 bar pan!

They'll be thicker and you probably won't need as many Rolos to push into them. But otherwise, I don't see why not.

I was going to see if you perhaps had a S/A large rectangle platter with handles. Prebake the clubhouse squares crust on some parchment paper and transfer to the platter before even leaving home. Then you can use the bar pan at your show, and still utilize all the tools to make the squares and show the Simple additions too. Those are two of my favorite recipes too! Yummy!

RolosFor those brownies what type of candies does it call for? Is it rolos??? I love those candies!!! Chocolate with caramel center.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
For those brownies what type of candies does it call for? Is it rolos??? I love those candies!!! Chocolate with caramel center.

Debbie :D

LOVE it! My daughter and I wondered if it would work with Milk Duds as well?

I heard another good replacement is the caramel hershey kisses! Yummy!

Peanut butter cupsI've made them with peanut butter cups instead of rolos. Yum! I took most of the pan in to work so that I wouldn't be tempted with them at home. They were gone by noon! I'm doing them for a cooking show on Wednesday for my sister. Tina

I made these for my show on friday night and used what looked like reeses only it had carmel inside and just used less of them then used carmel pieces and cut them into quarters and sprinkled on top. It was very good and easy to make.

tinat51796 said:
I've made them with peanut butter cups instead of rolos. Yum! I took most of the pan in to work so that I wouldn't be tempted with them at home. They were gone by noon! I'm doing them for a cooking show on Wednesday for my sister. Tina
I took a batch to work as well last week for a coworkers birthday. Gone before the coffee truck rolled around at 10. I didn't get any bookings out of it, but I did get 2 marriage proposals! lol (I work in automotive with all men!)

I used rolos - it tasted delicious! Rolos were the only chocolate coated caramels I could find - most chocolates said something like caramel filled chocolate, so I was afraid that they might have more than just caramel filling.

Rolos are the intended candy. But because HO doesn't want to imply an agreement between them and any specific manufacturer, they don't use brand names in the recipe.

PCSarahjm said:
Can these be baked in the rectangular baker? I have a show tomorrow and the host wants these brownies and Clubhouse Chicken Squares...I only have 1 bar pan!
Yes, I made them in my 9x13 baker and they came out fine!

Rolos is the candy that the test kitchen specificaaly named at their workshop at National conference. However, a few consultants on my team thought they were too gooey and caramely. I tried the recipe at another consultants show and she used milk duds and they tasted fabulous!!

I was going to make these at my show on the 19th. Has anyone tried making them with white chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate morsels? Do you think it would turn out alright using white chocolate?

Carissidy said:
I heard another good replacement is the caramel hershey kisses! Yummy!

MMMMMMMmmmmm! :) :love:
Schel

tinat51796 said:
I've made them with peanut butter cups instead of rolos. Yum! I took most of the pan in to work so that I wouldn't be tempted with them at home. They were gone by noon! I'm doing them for a cooking show on Wednesday for my sister. Tina

How did those taste?
Schel

For folks with nut allergies, substitute crisp rice cereal (chocolate or plain) for the nuts. It provides a crispy topping because it's just on top and not mixed into the batter.

I concur that these are a customer favorite.

I made them last night for a Halloween party and instead of using mixed nuts I used just peanuts. It was a big hit.

Related to Can You Bake Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies in a Rectangular Baker?

1. How do I make the brownies more gooey and fudgy?

To achieve a gooey and fudgy texture, we recommend using melted butter instead of softened butter in the recipe. You can also add an extra egg for a richer and denser brownie. Be sure not to overbake the brownies as well, as this can result in a drier texture.

2. Can I substitute the nuts with another type of nut or ingredient?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer or even leave them out altogether. You can also add other ingredients such as chocolate chips or dried fruit for added flavor and texture.

3. Can I make these brownies ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make these brownies ahead of time and reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving. They can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.

4. Is there a gluten-free option for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend in the same measurement. We recommend using a blend that contains xanthan gum for the best results.

5. Can I use a different type of pan for baking the brownies?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan such as a 9x9 inch square pan or a 9-inch round cake pan. However, the baking time may vary, so be sure to keep an eye on the brownies and adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • dianevill
  • Products and Tips