• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can My Husband Order From a Show That I Have?

In summary, consultants are not allowed to order on a show, even if it is hosted by a friend or family member. Putting orders in a spouse's name is against the agreement with the company. However, it is acceptable to have products shipped to a different address, such as the host's or consultant's address, for convenience. This method is often used when the host does not have time to sort orders or is out of town. It is also common for family members with the same last name to have products shipped to a different address.
Tonimabbott
Just wondering.

I don't see how it would be a problem. How would they know who he is anyway?

Sure he can, and you can also order from your own show (but then pay the guest rate of shipping).

They wouldn't know, but it's not allowed. As part of your household and as your husband he is sort of considered an extension of you. You cannot order from your show, therefore neither can he (Unless he's ordering as a HOST, but then you'd have to consider it the consultant acting as host show)

ShelbyMichalek said:
They wouldn't know, but it's not allowed. As part of your household and as your husband he is sort of considered an extension of you. You cannot order from your show, therefore neither can he (Unless he's ordering as a HOST, but then you'd have to consider it the consultant acting as host show)

Correct. If they audited the show, which your agreement gives them permission to do, they would catch it.

Consultants can NOT order on a show.

Why not just place a personal order or hold a show and get what you want with the host benefits? Playing games like putting orders in your husbands name doesn't really give you anything and it against the agreement you made with the company when you signed.

Well this is something I just didn't know. I know that it's against the rules to put a party in a spouse's name, but not for them to simply place an order and pay full price for it. Learn something new every day.Here's the reason I wonder about it ... a friend of mine is hosting a show. Yes, TRULY hosting a show ... it is not my show, it is my friends and very few of the people invited are friends or family of mine! However, it happens to be at my house (we both just found it easier this way) and the products are being shipped to my house. Because of concerns that people will think this friend is my spouse, even though we have different names, I am putting his apartment address as the "contact address" and my address as the shipping address. You can't be too careful! I would hate to see my friend lose benefits just because of the location his products are shipped. I am just thrilled that this is the first time in 4 years he's EVER hosted a party with me!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Well this is something I just didn't know. I know that it's against the rules to put a party in a spouse's name, but not for them to simply place an order and pay full price for it. Learn something new every day.

Here's the reason I wonder about it ... a friend of mine is hosting a show. Yes, TRULY hosting a show ... it is not my show, it is my friends and very few of the people invited are friends or family of mine! However, it happens to be at my house (we both just found it easier this way) and the products are being shipped to my house. Because of concerns that people will think this friend is my spouse, even though we have different names, I am putting his apartment address as the "contact address" and my address as the shipping address. You can't be too careful! I would hate to see my friend lose benefits just because of the location his products are shipped. I am just thrilled that this is the first time in 4 years he's EVER hosted a party with me!

I actually do this quite often. It's fine to have stuff shipped to a different address (including yours) as opposed to the actual contact address. I do it a lot when I know a host truly does NOT have time to sort orders or if she/he is going out of town and still want the products delivered to their guests in a timely fashion. I've also done it for family who do have the same last name as me :) It's no confusion at all and it's quite normal and okay by the agreement.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Well this is something I just didn't know. I know that it's against the rules to put a party in a spouse's name, but not for them to simply place an order and pay full price for it. Learn something new every day.

Here's the reason I wonder about it ... a friend of mine is hosting a show. Yes, TRULY hosting a show ... it is not my show, it is my friends and very few of the people invited are friends or family of mine! However, it happens to be at my house (we both just found it easier this way) and the products are being shipped to my house. Because of concerns that people will think this friend is my spouse, even though we have different names, I am putting his apartment address as the "contact address" and my address as the shipping address. You can't be too careful! I would hate to see my friend lose benefits just because of the location his products are shipped. I am just thrilled that this is the first time in 4 years he's EVER hosted a party with me!

I have stuff shipped to me all the time for people (one guy was going through a divorce and didn't want his soon-to-be-ex getting her hands on his products! :rolleyes:) You just put in their regular information like you said as the contact address and then in the ship to address put C/O Intrepid Chef and your address.

Oh I've done it for friends who live in apartments or not the safest neighborhood with nobody home as well.

The funny part, though? One friend is a former roommate who got used to a Pampered kitchen when living here. When the show was booked the friend hadn't moved yet, but had by the time the show was held. What if I had used my address for my friend? Would HO have thought it was a family member? Good thing I had a new address to list when the show was held!

I have shows shipped to me all the time. The key is to put c/o consultant name... In the first address line. They would question it if the other person has the same address but otherwise it is fine.When it comes to orders or shows or recruiting: anyone who lives in the same household is held to the same rules as the consultant.

Just make sure you follow the rules... PC has been auditing lately.

And, they do monitor sites like this.

I actually have a host who used to be a consultant. Her mother-in-law has the same first name, so the only thing differentiating her and MIL is a middle initial. Talk about trying to keep that straight with HO.

I often have shows shipped to my home, due to a few thefts off porches last year = plus it is often a hassle for fedex to deliver in an apartment or condo complex. I do this as a customer service perk and also to save HO from having to replace MIA orders.;)

NooraK said:
I actually have a host who used to be a consultant. Her mother-in-law has the same first name, so the only thing differentiating her and MIL is a middle initial. Talk about trying to keep that straight with HO.

NOT fun!! P3 doesn't even have a place for a middle initial. Yes, you can put it at the end of the first name, BUT if another consultant needs to look up a past host #, you won't find it without that middile initial. (Past experience speaking, it took me an extra week to close a show because of this issue.) For that reason, I never enter middle initials (though in the above case, I would most likely make an exception).

My work software (for a pharmacy) does have a middle initial spot. I'm constantly adding them whenever the doctor's office sends them over. I do not have to have a middle initial to search for a person though. I have a national database I can access. Sometimes the only way to tell if it's the same person is birthdate and middile initial, but not always. One of my co-worker's husband's name, birthday, and middile initial are the same as someone in Illinois. If I find someone from out of state, I will always make a new profile and ask about the other address. It's better to check and merge the two profiles later because once merged, they cannot be separated.

Good information to know. Thanks everyone.

Wait, I do not understand. i cannot place an order as a guest on a show?

You can't earn commission on your own purchases, so you can put yourself in as a guest. You can host a show and have all the same host benefits (except you can't get the booking benefit). You won't earn commission on anything extra you purchase on that host order. As a consultant you can place a personal order at a discount. Plus we have Kit Enhancement month in April. If you need to buy a gift for someone, or your DH does, you can put it in the name of the person you are giving the gift to. During Christmastime, my DH wanted to buy some things to give to his staff. We put the order in the name of one of the staff members. Since it's a gift to that person, it's okay.

Thank you!

Where does it say we can't submit a show in our husband's name? I don't know that I've ever heard this? I just looked through the consultant agreement that is online and didn't see anything, but maybe I'm missing it. Thanks for any info.

I'm curious about the spouse not being a host as well. My husband actually collects many orders from his place of work several months out of the year. Why would he not be able to be 'host' of a show if he collected the orders? If that is the case then is the rule no person living in the same residence would be able to be 'host' of a show, ie a roommate, sibling, extended family member etc.?

They CAN host a show just as a consultant CAN host a show. The difference is that the items purchased with the host discount are not commissionable and they don't get the past host benefit. They do get all other host benefits and so do we when we host.

Related to Can My Husband Order From a Show That I Have?

Can my husband order from a show that I have?

Yes, absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the ability to create a personalized online show link that can be shared with anyone. This means that your husband can easily access your show and place an order.

Do I need to be present for my husband to order from my show?

No, your husband can place an order from your show without you being present. As long as he has the personalized online show link, he can access the show and place an order.

Can my husband use my host rewards when ordering from my show?

Yes, your husband can use your host rewards when ordering from your show, as long as you have designated him as a co-host for your show. This can be done through your consultant account.

Can my husband place an order using his own account or does he have to use mine?

Your husband can place an order using his own account. However, if he wants to use your host rewards or take advantage of any exclusive host offers, he will need to log in using your consultant account.

Can my husband combine his order with others from my show?

Yes, your husband can combine his order with others from your show. This is called a group order and it allows multiple customers to combine their orders to reach the minimum order total for host rewards and exclusive host offers. As the consultant, you will need to submit the group order on behalf of your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cochef
  • sprout18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire