• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Split a Show to Get My Cookware Piece? Expert Advice Inside!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant's concern about not being able to meet the sales goal for July due to hosts rescheduling their shows. The consultant is considering splitting a show to make 2 shows out of it, but others advise against it. Suggestions are given for alternative ways to reach the sales goal, such as hosting a "xmas in july" sale and encouraging guests to do a quick catalog show. It is also mentioned that a consultant has successfully split a show in the past due to a host rescheduling, but it is not recommended to do so for personal benefit. In the end, the consultant decides to do their own show and split it to ensure they reach the sales goal for July.
pamperedtracy
Gold Member
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I have had 2 hosts in July move their show to Aug. for various reasons.

I am now worried that I won't get my two show in for July to get the cookware piece. I have a show tonight and hopefully one on Sunday.

I can't get a hold of the host for Sun., so I am hoping that one pans out. If the show tonight is a good one, can I split the show to make 2 shows out of it?

If I can, then would I use the same host name twice for both shows? Are we not supposed to do that?

Do I use 2 different names? I was just wanting to see what was allowed for us to do. I don't want to do anything wrong.

I just want my cookware piece, and I had a good July set, and then hosts started dropping like flies.

Thanks all, let me know what you would suggest. I just may be out of luck.

Tracy

:(

We really can't do that. The host benefits would be less too so it wouldn't be fair to the host either.

Technically I don't think we are supposed to do this. However, if the host has enough outside orders to make a catalog show and is willing, or wants extra host specials you could submit a catalog show, rebooking the host for another show, and then put the outside orders into a catalog show. She could get up to 3 host specials by doing it this way - 1 from the first show, a 2nd as the host of the 2nd show, and a 3rd as past host booking special. The only thing to keep in mind is that by doing this she will get less FPV and 1/2 off items.

Otherwise I would suggest putting together a "xmas in july" type sale - if you search you'll find that someone else is trying this. You could be the host and get the benefits and also hopefully get enough orders for a show.

Also push at the show tonight for someone to do a quick catalog show for this month to help you reach your goal of a new piece of cookware. Let the guests know that you are aiming for a goal and explain how easy it is to do a catalog show - 5 orders of $30 or 10 orders of $20 and they've got a show, you can set them up within a day with an online show & so they can take a catalog to work and also email friends and family, offer a small incentive that you'll put on their show - like a free SB or an additional $5 in FPV.

I had this happen in June - not because I was trying to split a show - but I had a May host who last minute had to reschedule for June. That was fine.....but when she handed me a bunch of outside orders at her show - alot of them were on May OOF, and had ordered HWC items. Others were for June, and qualified for the free baster........soooo, We split the show into a May Catalog Show, and then a June Cooking Show. She ended up with a little less in FPV - so I ate the extra....and she was happy, because she got both the May and June Host Special.
So if your host wanted to do that - her Outside orders could be a catalog show.
Then if she wanted both host bonus items she could get them both - and I don't think that would be cheating would it?

What you did Becky is totally okay but it is not okay for us to split a show to benefit ourselves. You had guests who wanted the specials in the month they saw the book but then the host changed the date. I don't think PC would say that is breaking the policy if the HOST wants to do something like that or "messes up" by sharing specials from more than one month because of a date change or whatever.

Thanks everyone, I feel a little better.

I will see what we can do.

Tracy

Or you can do your own show with current customers and split it!
I did my own show with a little less in $400 in sales, and I split it up into two shows, that way I knew I would earn that piece of cookware.I am glad I did it because I am not sure my show scheduled for the 29th of this month will close by the 31st!

sailortena said:
I am glad I did it because I am not sure my show scheduled for the 29th of this month will close by the 31st!
You have until Aug. 5 to submit it for the July promos. :)

sailortena said:
I did my own show with a little less in $400 in sales, and I split it up into two shows, that way I knew I would earn that piece of cookware.

I am glad I did it because I am not sure my show scheduled for the 29th of this month will close by the 31st!
Please don't take personal offense but if we all did that HO would stop doing this kind of promotions. The idea is for us to EARN them and get more bookings and sales. If we cheat the system we all lose. JMHO

This kind of promotion is an easy way for people who are hobbyists to get some things free ...and them maybe get the bug to get more.

sailortena said:
I did my own show with a little less in $400 in sales, and I split it up into two shows, that way I knew I would earn that piece of cookware.

I'm in danger of going inactive. So I'm running 2 shows. One is a mystery host and the other is a "keep me active". I'm hoping to get enough orders for both shows and this way I get some goodies and one of my customers will get goodies and I'll stay active. I will hold off on submitting anything until the end of the month to make sure both shows have enough to submit 2 shows.

BethCooks4U said:
Please don't take personal offense but if we all did that HO would stop doing this kind of promotions. The idea is for us to EARN them and get more bookings and sales. If we cheat the system we all lose. JMHO

This kind of promotion is an easy way for people who are hobbyists to get some things free ...and them maybe get the bug to get more.

I'm a hobbyist, and I suspect that like me, many hobbyists spend more of their own money on products then we make in commissions. I've probably spent 2-4 times what I've made in commissions over the last year on product. If I did not sell pampered chef I would not have bought any of this stuff. So I don't feel like splitting a personal show into two is necessarily cheating pampered chef. I make food and bring it to friends or have people over, I make the calls, send the emails, and work the show. I suspect that TPC knows that many consultants do this and it is likely to help some hobbyists get the fever to do better at the next promotion.

Related to Can I Split a Show to Get My Cookware Piece? Expert Advice Inside!

1. Can I split a show to get my cookware piece?

Yes, you can split a show to get your cookware piece. This means that instead of hosting a traditional in-person party with all of your guests, you can have multiple smaller shows with different hosts and still receive credit towards your cookware piece.

2. How many shows can I split to get my cookware piece?

You can split your show up to three times to receive credit towards your cookware piece. This means that you can have up to three different hosts hold smaller shows and still get credit for your cookware piece.

3. Do I have to be present at the split shows to receive credit?

No, you do not have to be present at the split shows to receive credit. As long as you are the host and your name is attached to the show, you will receive credit towards your cookware piece.

4. Can I choose which cookware piece I want as my reward?

Yes, you can choose which cookware piece you want as your reward. Pampered Chef offers a variety of cookware pieces to choose from, so you can select the one that best fits your needs.

5. Is there a time limit for splitting shows to get my cookware piece?

Yes, there is a time limit for splitting shows to get your cookware piece. You must split your shows within 60 days of your original show date in order to receive credit towards your cookware piece.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • esavvymom