• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Run a Vegetarian Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, a vegetarian might have trouble finding recipes to demonstrate at a party, but can offer a few options that are meat-free.
koima
I am considering starting a Pampered Chef business and have what is maybe an obvious question!

I am vegetarian and do not want to demonstrate meat/poultry/fish recipes at parties. I do not want to touch meat, and would be rather grossed out washing the tools that were used for meat. Is that a problem? Are there enough non-meat recipe options that hosts won't feel deprived by my animal abstinence?

I am sure you could find enough recipes that would suit you, but what might be a concern is find enough hosts who feel the same way. Would you refuse a show if a host insisted on having a certain type of recipe?
Also another thing to consider. You would probably need to make sure you "temper" your feelings during the show. A strong disdain for meat(s) may offend some of the guests.
Just some thoughts.

I think there is! All the desserts, the one pot pasta, the noodle skillet meal. There are many consultants that only choose 1-2 recipes a month so you can definitly present it that way to your host. If they insist on meat explain your concerns, you will be surprised at how some host are respectful of our needs as well. Good luck in starting your business, it is your business so you can run it anyway you want.

Thank you for your quick responses!

I don't have a strong disdain for meat, and honestly I'd rather not even bring it up at shows. I mean, I'd be happy to say that X tool works well with chicken, or whatever, but I don't want to demonstrate that. I'll be sure not to say anything negative, as I know many people are happy meat eaters! I am not against people eating meat; I just don't want to handle it. :)

I think offering a few recipe options that are meat-free would be the best option for me.

koima said:
I am considering starting a Pampered Chef business and have what is maybe an obvious question!

I am vegetarian and do not want to demonstrate meat/poultry/fish recipes at parties. I do not want to touch meat, and would be rather grossed out washing the tools that were used for meat. Is that a problem? Are there enough non-meat recipe options that hosts won't feel deprived by my animal abstinence?

I am too!! It is up to you what you offer-Dessert party's or appetizers-
You can do it--

I don't make a big deal about it at the party's. There are a few of us here-

Feel free to pm or e-mail me [email protected]

I am a vegetarian..(20 years) I try to encourage desserts!! (no meat there!!) I do not talk about my decisions (being meatless) unless asked and then I down play it. Because it is my choice. And it has nothing to do with my business. You can "Offer" healthier choices.. lighter meals for those wanting to cut down on meat one meal every once in a while.-valid reason to exclude meat. If you do cook meat at a show.. Just keep your stones separate (for shows only). Some consultants ask their hosts if they will rinse/wash products before you go.. and are rewarded with free PC $$ to spend or a free product.. that may help. But honestly.. meat usually doesn't touch the stones.. braids.. crescent rolls touching.

This is a growing area. Do not be discouraged if you do not want to ever cook meat. There are plenty of people out there.. find them at a health food store. You don't say where you live.. But you could demo at the health food store to get leads. Once you get to know a few fellow vegers.. they have like friends usually.

Right now.. offer: a cookie exchange.. desserts, salads, pizza, vege enchiladas, stir fry, vege pot pie, and there are a million more ideas.. It is your business and you must handle it how you see fit. You didn't say if you were vegan which may be more of a challenge. But like I said.. you can always keep the demo products separate from your own cooking products. And everyone LOVES desserts. And talk about cheap affordable meals.. you can really cash in on this theme.
As far as a host wanting a certain meat dish.... many consultants offer only a few meals to choose from: an example:
1) cookie exchange
2) affordable cheese enchiladas choose one
3) brownie banana split pizza

Some consultants give their hosts only a few choices.. You can say.. these are the choices I am offering at this time. Be excited about your choices.. and they will be too. I usually only demo one dish.. if they want some meat.. they are sure able to make it and serve it as their portion of the get together.
I hope this helps.

I do demos all the time without meat - and it's not even intentional.

The Spinach Carbonara Pizza is an excellent demo....

None of the New Consultant demos that come with your kit contain meat.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I like the idea of offering just a few options, without any emphasis on them being meat free. Finding healthier options to offer fits well with my lifestyle (I'm a Weight Watcher and make a real effort to make healthy choices), so the health food store was a great suggestion for me, and desserts - well, who doesn't love a good dessert? ;)

I'm happy to hear that the new consultant demos are meat free - it gets me started on the right foot.

The Spinach Carbonara uses bacon though, so she might not want to do that one, or just omit the bacon. :)There are some great appetizers as well that don't use meat. And some of the recipes are fine without meat, or could be replaced with beans.

I used the Three Cheese Garden Pizza for the first couple months when I started. It's a delicious recipe & a great demo - uses lots of products. You have to try it if you haven't already. Best wishes to you & your new business! :)

3 of the 4 recipes I started my business with were meatless recipes. Out of the 4 recipes I offer now, most people choose the desserts anyway. Just offer what you feel comfortable offering and if they ask any questions just let them know.

One of the recipes I used to offer was a veggie pizza one. If you PM me, I can send it to you when I get home.

Or you could make the quiche lorraine tartlets without the bacon, you don't really taste it in there anyway.

I think if you take control of your business from the very beginning and be willing to learn a few meatless recipes, not just 1 or 2 (you can also incorporate your own recipes, it doesn't just have to be PC recipes), then you should be okay. One thing it has taken many of us a long time to learn is that this is your business and you say what you are making. What I mean is that many of us have done recipes we are not comfortable with and learned a valuable lesson, ONLY DO WHAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH! (for us I mean, we get talked into recipes we don't know well and then we stumble through our demo)... You can tell your hosts what is going on, and if they want to provide something with meat, then they can, and you won't have to touch it. There are many recipes that do not require meat, hot pizza dip, mini pesto pizzas, strawberry spinach salad, cool veggie pizza, artichoke and spinach ring.... to name justa few, plus all the desserts mentioned and much, much more. I think you should do just fine! Go ahead and join us! You'll be happy you did! :);)

Last edited:
I'm a vegetarian as well. I completely agree with the "focus on dessert" ideas! There are also lots of great veggie pizza, etc dishes out there. I do not cook with meat or handle meat either. I think people are pretty understanding about it.

Tomato Basil Squares are meat-free....so is the hot pizza dip! They're 2 of my fave show recipes!

1. Can I use Pampered Chef products to cook vegetarian meals?

Yes, absolutely! Many of our products are versatile and can be used to create delicious vegetarian dishes. We also offer a variety of vegetarian-friendly recipes on our website and through our consultants.

2. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products designed for vegetarians?

Yes, we offer a few products specifically designed for vegetarians, such as our Veggie Spiralizer and our Vegetarian Cookbook. These products make it easier to prepare and cook vegetarian meals.

3. How do I know which Pampered Chef products are vegetarian-friendly?

All of our products are vegetarian-friendly, but some may require slight modifications to make them suitable for a vegetarian diet. We recommend checking the ingredient list and adjusting as needed.

4. Can I host a vegetarian-themed Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can! Our consultants are happy to work with you to plan a vegetarian-themed party and provide recipe suggestions and product recommendations. You can also browse our website for vegetarian recipes and products.

5. Are there any vegetarian options available at Pampered Chef events?

Yes, we offer vegetarian options at all of our events. Our consultants are trained to accommodate dietary restrictions and can provide vegetarian alternatives for any dishes being served. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies