• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Promote Pampered Chef on Craigs List?

In summary, I was browsing Craigs List for a few items and figured I would look up Pampered Chef while I was on there. I noticed one person asking for a few items to buy cheap. I thought about responding about doing a party because of February's special. Is this appropriate to do so and in accordance with the policies?IMHO I would not.Why not? You're not advertising, but answering someone else's request. If you overheard someone in a store saying, "Oh, I really want that Pampered Chef _____, where do you think I should try?" you'd respond, right?I have responded to posting on Craiglist looking for consultant's. I was lucky one time and was the first person
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was browsing Craigs List for a few items and figured I would look up Pampered Chef while I was on there. I noticed one person asking for a few items to buy cheap. I thought about responding about doing a party because of February's special. Is this appropriate to do so and in accordance with the policies?

IMHO I would not.

Why not? You're not advertising, but answering someone else's request. If you overheard someone in a store saying, "Oh, I really want that Pampered Chef _____, where do you think I should try?" you'd respond, right?

I have responded to posting on Craiglist looking for consultant's. I was lucky one time and was the first person to respond and I had the date open, so I booked a party with them.

I don't see how it is against policy, because you are not advertising on CL, they are.

Good luck!

Because if that person really wanted pampered chef items, how hard would it be to go to The Pampered Chef Not very. It just seems risky---

as I said before, Its my honest opinion.

If you go to the official website, you don't get a choice in who you get placed with. On Craigslist, you can choose who you work with.I used Craigslist to find a Tupperware consultant. Honestly, I went there before checking the official site because it's easier for me to navigate Craigslist (which I'm very familiar with) than the official site for anything that I have to figure out before getting contact info. Also, she'd have to give her info before finding anything out on the official site, which isn't true of Craigslist.

vwpamperedchef said:
Because if that person really wanted pampered chef items, how hard would it be to go to The Pampered Chef Not very. It just seems risky---

as I said before, Its my honest opinion.

She (or he) specified "cheap" so by going to the main website she wouldn't be able to get it for cheap.

I've never used CL so I wasn't for sure how things are even posted. I think I'll contact her if I can find a way to do it privately.

Just use the Craigslist-generated e-mail address to e-mail them. That's private and goes directly to their regular e-mail.

koima said:
Just use the Craigslist-generated e-mail address to e-mail them. That's private and goes directly to their regular e-mail.

This brings to mind the recent Facebook thread. Wasn't the general consesus there if you are corresponding privately through e-mail, it is not against policy? This is the same thing. You can't respond ON Craigslist, only through e-mail (or, phone, if they post a number).

I don't think it will be a problem. However, don't get your hopes up. If they're looking for 'cheap,' it probably means they don't want to go through a consultant or have a party (based on personal experience). However, you never know!:thumbup:

Related to Can I Promote Pampered Chef on Craigs List?

1. How should I respond to a Craigs List ad as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to respond to Craigs List ads in a professional and courteous manner. Start by introducing yourself and mentioning that you are a Pampered Chef consultant. Then, address any specific details mentioned in the ad and offer your assistance in finding the perfect Pampered Chef products for their needs. Don't forget to include your contact information and a link to your personal Pampered Chef website.

2. Can I include links to my Pampered Chef website in my response to a Craigs List ad?

Yes, it is recommended to include a link to your personal Pampered Chef website in your response to a Craigs List ad. This allows the potential customer to easily browse and purchase products from your website. Just make sure to also include your contact information in case they have any additional questions or need help placing an order.

3. How can I stand out from other responses to a Craigs List ad?

One way to stand out from other responses is to personalize your message. Show genuine interest in the person's needs and offer personalized recommendations for Pampered Chef products that could meet those needs. You can also mention any current promotions or discounts for added incentive. Additionally, make sure to proofread your response and use proper grammar and punctuation to make a good impression.

4. Should I respond to every Craigs List ad I see?

No, it is not necessary to respond to every Craigs List ad you see. Focus on responding to ads that specifically mention a need for Pampered Chef products or cooking solutions. This will ensure that your response is targeted and relevant, increasing the chances of a positive response.

5. Is it appropriate to include product information or prices in my response to a Craigs List ad?

It is not recommended to include product information or prices in your initial response to a Craigs List ad. This may come across as pushy or salesy and could turn potential customers away. Instead, focus on building a connection and offering your assistance before discussing specific products and prices. Save product information and pricing for follow-up conversations or when the potential customer expresses interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kelly C
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies