• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Promote Pampered Chef at the Greater Boston Food Bank's Design Home Tour?

In summary, Annie is working with the Greater Boston Food Bank to provide home tours every Sunday this fall. She is also considering doing a fundraiser for the GBFB and displaying information about her business, PC, on her website.
AMTC
Gold Member
I have this great opportunity...

The Greater Boston Food Bank is going to Benefit from Boston Magazine's Design Home this year. So I volunteered, along with some other PC Consultants in the area, to help with the home tours. The GBFB asked me to volunteer for every Sunday morning tour (7 Sundays in a row and they start at 10:00am and can go until 1:00pm - my hours to be there are 9:30am-1:30pm) and I agreed.

Unfortunately Crate and Barrel is the Sponsor of all the cookware, kitchenware etc. so I don't want to step on toes. But I asked the woman from GBFB and from Boston Magazine if I could display the trivet with a picture frame that explains that when you purchase a trivet $2 goes to America's Second Harvest which then goes to GBFB in this area. They said they don't see why not, but that they would discuss it and get back to me. Although they did say I may have to display it in the garage...fine with me...

I'm also considering asking if I can do a fundraiser for the GBFB and hand out flyers directing people to order from the website and setting up "Food Bank" as the host on my website. Not sure if that's pushing it though.

They did say I could wear my PC shirts/sweaters and feel free to hand out business cards.

I am also going to (upon the recommendation of my brilliant director) put together info about ASH and put a recipe on the back as well, and put my info on the paper.

Any other ideas of how to delicately promote PC without stepping on toes?

I have until 9/14 to get everything together....

P.S. The house alone is worth 1.5 million, the furnishings probably put it over 2.25 and I'm thinking there are going to be all kinds of people coming through so I want to reach all of them in whatever way I can!

Annie, I don't have my fall/winter news in front of me but before you do anything read over the part about ASH. I believe the name is changed or is going to be real soon.

I think it is great what you are doing and that they will let you hand out business cards and let you wear PC logowear. I hope they let you put out the new trivet and information about PC's involvement.

I think the name "Feeding America" starts Oct. 1. I would doublecheck though to be sure.

The name change is effective September 1.

Yes - I just saw the name change - for September 1.

I also noticed in September 2007 CN they had an insert for RUFTH and I'm hoping they do that for Sept 2008 as well. I should have it by the first tour on September 14.

Not sure how to handle trivet orders though - would like to strike while the iron is hot. I was thinking of purchasing some and selling there, but don't want to get stuck with a bunch of extras...although I guess I could sell them directly at my shows too, so that would give me a year to get rid of any extras....hmmm....

A year?! You will have more than a year to get rid of some!! You could purchase the current ones and the new ones and sell them both!! These will become "collector" items for many and just think, have you ever seen the 1st stoneware heart mold on ebay? Goes for HUNDREDS!!! So I would buy a bunch, if you have the money to, and you can sell them later on. I wouldn't go overboard, I wouldn't want you to get stuck with a ton you can't get rid of, but I would get some of this seasons and some of next if you do this.

Related to Can I Promote Pampered Chef at the Greater Boston Food Bank's Design Home Tour?

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game offered by Pampered Chef where players are presented with different cooking scenarios and must decide what they would do in that situation. It is a fun and interactive way to learn new cooking techniques and test your decision-making skills in the kitchen.

2. How do I play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", simply gather a group of friends or family members and choose a cooking scenario from the game. Each player must then decide what they would do in that situation and explain their reasoning. The group can then discuss and learn from each other's choices.

3. Can I customize the scenarios in "What Would You Do?"

Yes, you can customize the scenarios in "What Would You Do?" to fit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. The game comes with blank cards where you can write your own scenarios or modify existing ones to make the game more personalized.

4. Is "What Would You Do?" suitable for all ages?

"What Would You Do?" is suitable for all ages, but it is recommended for children 8 years and older. Younger children may need some assistance or guidance from adults in understanding the scenarios and making their choices.

5. Can "What Would You Do?" be played virtually?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" can be played virtually using video conferencing platforms. You can share your screen with the group and go through the scenarios together, or each player can have their own game set and take turns reading the scenarios and making their choices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies