• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Deduct My Computer and Cell Phone for My Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the deductibility of a computer and cell phone that were purchased last year for business use. The individuals also mention having to drive a long distance to pick up the computer and the possibility of deducting repairs for their main business vehicle. It is mentioned that the computer and cell phone can be deducted, but it is uncertain how exactly to do so. One person recommends using a tax program to figure it out, while another mentions using a tax professional in the future.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
* I bought a computer last year. I use it for Pampered Chef, not exclusively, but I can't submit a show without it.

* I also drove 120 miles each way to pick it up.

* I got a cel phone last year and have spent $459 on it ... again, not exclusively, but I do consider it my main business phone.

Are these things completely or partially deductible?

My account says yes to the computer and the cell phone. Not sure on the mileage to get computer, but hey, my accountant said that the repairs to my van (the main vehicle for my business) can be deducted!

Jessamary said:
My account says yes to the computer and the cell phone. Not sure on the mileage to get computer, but hey, my accountant said that the repairs to my van (the main vehicle for my business) can be deducted!

You can't deduct repairs if you are deducting mileage - one or the other.

I am not a tax accountant so take my information with that in mind.

When I did my taxes on Turbo Tax last year it gave me the option of deducting my laptop all at once, or taking depriciation on it for several years. After I chose from those, it asked me how much I use the laptop for business, how much for personal. Whatever percentage I put down as business use is the percentage of the cost of the laptop that it deducted. Same for my cell phone: what percentage do I use it for business.

That's why I like the program. It asks me simple questions, and figures it all out for me. If my business grows from where it is now, I will probably find a CPA or something to do my taxes in the future.

Yes you can write off both. Not for sure exactly how. I also write off my monthly cell phone bill. I use it about 90% for business (sometimes even when I talk to family and friends we always end up talking about PC) so my tax guy writes off 90% of my bill.

Related to Can I Deduct My Computer and Cell Phone for My Pampered Chef Business?

1. Can I deduct the cost of the products I purchase for my own personal use?

No, you cannot deduct the cost of products purchased for personal use. Deductions can only be made for products used for business purposes.

2. Are samples of products deductible?

Yes, samples used for demonstration or marketing purposes can be deducted as a business expense.

3. Can I deduct the cost of attending Pampered Chef events or conferences?

Yes, if you are attending these events for business purposes, such as learning new skills or networking, the cost can be deducted as a business expense.

4. Are advertising and marketing expenses for my Pampered Chef business deductible?

Yes, any expenses related to promoting and advertising your business, such as business cards, flyers, and online ads, can be deducted as a business expense.

5. Can I deduct the cost of my Pampered Chef starter kit?

Yes, the cost of your starter kit can be deducted as a business expense. However, if you receive a commission or income from selling the starter kits to others, you may need to report that as income on your taxes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tiggerhale
  • kitchendivinity
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • magentablue