• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I bake Pecan Praline Cookie Triangles without Baking Soda?

In summary, there is no substitution for baking soda, and the closest grocery store is probably not open yet.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have GOT to get the Pecan Praline Cookie Triangles in the oven ASAP so that I can have them DONE and the oven available for the turkey...but I just realized I have no baking soda in the house -- HELP???????

There is no substitution for baking soda. Is there a grocery near you that's open this morning? Or even a 7-11?

closest neighbor

By us, major supermarket chains are open for at least the morning (my hubby is off to one soon to get cat food!)
Good Luck and have a great day!
Jessica

Whew...my across the street neighbors had some...back to the kitchen...

Yeah, I woke up to make a pumpkin pie and found we had no evaporated milk even though I had bought some last month...BIL likes to use it in his coffee and NEVER tells me when we are out!!!

dannyzmom said:
Whew...my across the street neighbors had some...back to the kitchen...

And yet another reason to be friendly with the neighbors:D . Now you're going to have to share with them.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

cmdtrgd said:
Yeah, I woke up to make a pumpkin pie and found we had no evaporated milk even though I had bought some last month...BIL likes to use it in his coffee and NEVER tells me when we are out!!!
how funny, so does my hubby, I think it's gross like this but he loves it!

MissChef said:
how funny, so does my hubby, I think it's gross like this but he loves it!
Evaporated milk in coffee?? Ewww!

Just curious but why ewww on the ev. milk in coffee? I'd think it'd be preferable to skim milk in coffee (which is too watery and well, ev. milk is less watery)... is it the whole comin' from a can thing?

I like actual cream in my coffee, preferably raw organic cream.

Personally, if it weren't for French Vanilla Creamer I'd have no reason to drink coffee!

I have some seasonal cinnamon rum flavored creamer in the fridge. Yum!!

Blasphemy! Why would you do that to perfectly good coffee? LOL You KNOW I had to chime in on that! When we went to Jamaica and sampled coffee, they used sweetened codensed milk. It was really good!

How funny AJ! Now my hubby has tried that and hated it! Different strokes for different folks!!! And as for me, I like 1/2 & 1/2! Sometimes I like the flavored creamers, but mostly I like half & half!

Don't tell any of my coffee friends, like the guys I visted when I was in Chicago, but I do use half and half in my coffee. They would disown me if they knew that!

pamperedlinda said:
Personally, if it weren't for French Vanilla Creamer I'd have no reason to drink coffee!

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! DITTO (but hazelnut) :balloon:

AJPratt said:
Don't tell any of my coffee friends, like the guys I visted when I was in Chicago, but I do use half and half in my coffee. They would disown me if they knew that!
Your secret is safe with me ;) Did you have to choke it down "au naturalle" when you were with them? gag! My inlaws drink their coffee straight-up....no sugar, no cream.....just coffee......yick!

I like cream in my Kaluah!!:sing:

Funny how this thread turned into a discussion on how each of you like your coffee!:D

You should be used to that around here, Cat. :) I usually have Half and Half in the house for my coffee. Just never got into drinking it black. But at least I don't put sugar in it.

My first 2 cups in the morning MUST be straight up - strong and black.....right now I am addicted to Dunkin' Doughnuts blend (it's now available in stores!:) ). Then, after I have those first 2 (I just poured #2) I like to use different creamers (in the fridge right now is Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, mmmmm!) or, if I have it - heavy (whipping) cream. Ohhhh, is that ever good! It's like drinking hot coffee ice cream!:thumbup:

chefann said:
You should be used to that around here, Cat. :)

Haha...that's true, but usually the conversation goes back and forth. But since the baking soda issue is resolved, I guess we can only talk about the coffee now!

I have nothing else to add, since I don't drink coffee. (Although I LOVE my mint green tea!):)

Related to Can I bake Pecan Praline Cookie Triangles without Baking Soda?

1. Can I substitute baking powder for baking soda in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute baking powder for baking soda in a recipe, but keep in mind that baking powder is not as strong as baking soda. For every 1 teaspoon of baking soda, you will need 3 teaspoons of baking powder. Also, baking powder contains other ingredients, so it may affect the taste and texture of the final product.

2. What can I use instead of baking soda in a recipe?

If you don't have baking soda on hand, you can use 4 teaspoons of baking powder for every 1 teaspoon of baking soda. You can also try using 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar for every 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. However, keep in mind that these substitutes may affect the taste and texture of your dish.

3. Can I omit baking soda from a recipe?

In most cases, you cannot omit baking soda from a recipe. Baking soda is a leavening agent, which means it helps your baked goods rise. Without it, your dish may be dense and flat. If you don't have baking soda, try one of the substitutes mentioned above.

4. How do I know if baking soda is still good?

You can test the freshness of your baking soda by mixing 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 teaspoons of vinegar. If it fizzes and bubbles, it is still good to use. If it doesn't react, it may have lost its potency and should be replaced.

5. Can I use baking soda for cleaning?

Yes, baking soda can be used for cleaning and deodorizing purposes. You can make a paste with baking soda and water to scrub surfaces or sprinkle it on carpets before vacuuming to absorb odors. However, make sure to use a separate box of baking soda for cleaning and cooking, as you don't want to mix the two together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
Replies