• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Tell Me About Your "Why Bag"?

P
Pampered Laura
I need to present "my" Why Bag tonight at our cluster meeting, and have no idea what to do. Can you tell me (if you do this at your shows) what's in yours and how you present it?
Thanks!

Since I made my bag, I keep forgetting it at home, but I'll tell you how I created it...
At our cluster meeting, we brainstormed about all the positive things PC has done for us and then came up with items that fit that description...
Flexibility = rubber band
Support = underwire bra
Trips = pictures or souviner
$$$ = $$$
Training = (I forget what we did - I didn't use this one in my bag)
Reaching goals = use something that signifies your goals (cut up credit cards, pictures of furniture you purchased, etc.)

My plan (when I remember to take it) is to have it sitting on my table and I will hand it to the first person to ask me "Why" (I have the words, "Ask Me Why" on the front). Then at some point in the show, I'll have the guest pull something out of the bag and see if they can tell me what the item represents, I'll tell them what it means to me, have them pass the bag to the next person and repeat the process.

In my bag...
$$$ = Monopoly money (the BIG bills)
Goals Achieved = cut up credit cards
Goals Working Toward = toy cruise ship
Flexibility = a bendy toy I stole from the kids (kinda Gumby-ish)
Support = lacy red bra
Friendships = small, pocket size address book.

My Why BagI have it sitting somewhere close to my presentation table so I always talk about it. However, had a show 2 weeks ago, and changed my "wording" at bit, and it worked awesome - 2 leads!

Here's what's in my bag and my wording:

"It's a Party" Inviation - Because everytime I go to work I end up at a Party. What's even better is, everyone is happy to be at the party, so I'm always working with fun people.

Plastic Jewlery Beads - Because you can earn great jewlery. A lot nice than these pirate beads my son wore at halloween.

$780 in fake paper money - I earned this in 1 month off of 4 shows. Plus what's even better is the tax refund you receive for having a home based business.

Pictures of all of the products I've earned for free. They are laminated, and glued to a very very long ribbon. When I hold it up at shows, people are blown away.

I have a "Why" bag with:

A Party horn - My job is a party!!!

A picture of my two kids - I don't put my kids in day care and watch them grow everyday and do things with them like go to the zoo, potty train them or go out for ice cream.

A bathtub toy boat - This year's incentive trip is a cruise to the Caribbean. I am looking forward to earning it this year. It will be like a 5th honeymoon for my husband and I.

A flexible straw - This business is flexible and that I set the hours that I want to work. I don't work on weekends since that is my family time.

$100 in cash - I count out all my money, $20, $40, $60, $80, $100...that's the least amount of money I make in one night. Image what you could make if you did only 4 shows...that's $400.

First Aid Kit - The Pampered Chef offers medical insurance which is just one of our perks!

Unwire Bra--- I had a guy at my show that said "is that the size of chest you are inspiring to???" I said "no." But, my face turned bright red. I say something about the wonderful support I receive from my local cluster, plus we have tele-classes and I will train you, too!!

I put all my "why" stuff in my free cookware bag!!! People think it's very cute. I just want people to say "oh my, I want to be a consultant, too." I have had no takers yet :(

Thanks guys, these are great ideas!

someone brought a hers to a meeting a few months ago and in it she had

a picture of the "Wicked Witch of the West" = her old boss who she doesn't have to listen to anymore.

we all got a chuckle out of that one.

what about Pajamas/slippers ? =You can do 50% of your PC biz in them.

I love the slippers thing... I'm gonna have to put that in my bag!

1. What is a "Why Bag" and why is it important in your presentation?

A "Why Bag" is a collection of items or concepts that represent the why behind your product or presentation. It helps to demonstrate the purpose and value of what you are sharing with your audience. It is important because it connects the audience to the emotions and reasons behind your message, making it more impactful and memorable.

2. How do you choose what to include in your "Why Bag"?

The items in my "Why Bag" are carefully selected to align with the key points and messages of my presentation. I consider the emotions and values that I want to evoke in my audience and choose items that represent those ideas. I also include tangible objects that can be touched or experienced to make the "Why Bag" more interactive and engaging.

3. Do you have any specific items that you always include in your "Why Bag"?

Yes, there are a few items that I always include in my "Why Bag" because they are powerful symbols of my message. These items may vary depending on the topic of my presentation, but some examples include a photo of my family to represent the importance of relationships, a small plant to symbolize growth and potential, and a puzzle piece to represent the idea that every individual is an important part of a bigger picture.

4. How do you present your "Why Bag" during your shows or presentations?

I usually start by introducing the concept of the "Why Bag" and explaining its significance in my presentation. Then, I reveal each item one by one, explaining why I chose it and how it connects to my message. I also encourage audience participation by asking them to share their thoughts and emotions about each item.

5. Can you give an example of a "Why Bag" that you have used in a previous presentation?

Sure, in a recent presentation about the importance of self-care, my "Why Bag" included a candle to represent relaxation and taking time for oneself, a small notebook to symbolize the power of journaling and self-reflection, and a tea bag to represent the revitalizing effects of self-care. I also included a handwritten note from a friend to represent the importance of support and connection in self-care practices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brewejen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
  • jnnfrc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Amyla324
  • RossDeb2