• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Called Left a Message...now What?

In summary, the teacher plans to start her business in the summer and has already booked six parties. She wants to offer hosts of the parties free products and has called twice, but no one has returned her calls. She has a new message that she plans to send out on Thursday.
Ayden's Mom
I'm just getting this business up and running. But, I am not starting until this summer, after school lets out, (I'm a teacher). So, I figured that I'd get a head start and book tons of parties (per my director) in advance. I already have 6 parties booked, 4 in June and 2 in July. I have called and left a couple of messages on answering machines to this tune, "Hi (so and so) this is Amanda and I am starting a new business adventure with Pampered Chef. I need people to host a cooking party with me, and your name came to mind. If you are interested, please call back at ###-####. I look forward to getting your call."

I left 3 messages with 3 different people and only got one person to call back. I don't want to be overly pushy, but what should I do about the other two? What would you all do? Do I call back or just let it go?

It's your job to call them back. Don't expect them to call you.Also, I would make your phone message more vague. "Hi this is Amanda and I wanted you to be one of the first to know about a new adventure that I'm really excited about. My number is xxxxxxxxx. I know you're really busy, so I'll try to reach you again and hopefully we can connect. THanks!"Okay, that doesn't flow really well, but you get the idea.

I'd wait maybe a week, then try reaching them. You could say you're just following up with them to see if they're interested. :)
And for future calls, maybe word the last part of the message a bit different. For example, "I would love to do a Cooking Show for you! Please call me for the available booking dates. I look forward to speaking with you soon." That way you don't sound "pushy" & the potential host feels less pressured. (This is in NO way meant to criticize the msg you left:)) HTH

Generally, people don't return calls nowadays. For anything. Especially cold calls like your message. I agree with Deb that your message should be a little more vague to pique their interest. And then you call them back a couple of days after you leave the first message if they haven't called you by then.

Oh, thanks girls! I love those suggestions. Maybe I'll try again with a new message tonight. Of course, I'd rather get ahold of a person! Thanks for the advice! I'm printing thsese off and keeping them for future use!

And, you're right, it is my job to call them back and not to expect them to call...never thought of it like that. I'm brand spanking new at this sales thing!!

Just an idea - When I started a little over 2 years ago, I sent out an email to everyone on my email list - telling them I was starting a new venture in my life and needed help getting started - My first 6 shows were held in my first month, 5 of them being over 1000 in sales and 2 bookings from each one - started me strong and kept me going! You would be surprised how many we help you if you ask the for a favor as opposed to just announcing it -

I think I was trying to go the route of asking for a favor, by helping me out. So, far, many have had pity! Good idea to e-mail! Thanks!!

Ayden's Mom said:
I think I was trying to go the route of asking for a favor, by helping me out.

Okay... but what's in it for them? They "joy" of helping you out? Most people (unfortunately) aren't that nice!!!!!

You need to tell them what they will get... it's not about you!!!!

Try something like: "Hi (so and so) this is Amanda and I am starting a new business adventure with Pampered Chef. I'm so excited because I have the opportunity to offer hosts on average $100 in free products just for having some friends over for food and fun. Of course, I'll do all the cooking so all you have to do is enjoy the party with your friends! Give me a call at ###-#### and I'll tell you more about it. Plus, if you call me by Thursday May 1st and set a date for a show, you'll receive a special gift from me!" And then pop a Season's Best in with her host packet...

Hope that helps...

1. What should I do if I called and left a message but haven't received a response?

If you have not received a response after leaving a message, we recommend following up with an email or trying to call again at a different time. It's possible that the recipient may have missed your call or is currently busy.

2. How long should I wait before following up after leaving a message?

We suggest waiting at least 1-2 business days before following up after leaving a message. This allows the recipient enough time to check their messages and respond.

3. Is it better to leave a message or send an email?

It depends on the urgency of the situation. If it's something that requires immediate attention, it's best to leave a message. If it's not time-sensitive, sending an email may be more appropriate. However, it's always a good idea to follow up with an email after leaving a message as a backup.

4. Should I leave my contact information in the message?

Yes, it's important to leave your contact information in the message so that the recipient knows how to reach you. Make sure to speak clearly and repeat your contact information at the end of the message.

5. What if I accidentally left a message with the wrong person?

If you realize that you left a message with the wrong person, you can try reaching out to the correct person and letting them know. Apologize for any confusion and provide them with the correct information. It's always best to double check before leaving a message to ensure it goes to the right person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kisha1210