1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Business cards

1. Jen1409

Jen1409 Member

Where do you order your business cards?

For those of you that use VistaPrint, do you get the cheapy ones(what backround) or do you get the upgraded ones?

Sep 18, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I got mine through Merrill- 250 I believe. They have lasted me through my first year and I still have some left over. I personally like the Merrill ones- biz cards weren't something that I wanted to go "unofficial" or discounted on.

Sep 18, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Merrill, I like that there is a picture of the products on there and the logo. I think their business cards are reasonably priced and are very professional.

Sep 18, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I have some from Merrill and some from Vista that I paid for. I got some free ones once, but they were really boring.

Sep 18, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I use the VistaPrint ones. They have a cute logo that is free that you find if you search on "Chef's Hat"! I don't hand out business cards because I use recipe cards with my info on a lable on them. People throw away business cards but will keep a recipe card!

Sep 18, 2009
  6. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I ordered the free ones from Vista as soon as I signed - I just got my free website (60 days) and ordered new ones with the website info - same card but had an email for the upgraded ones in glossy for free. I like the Merrill ones but since I'm new I'm trying to keep my costs down as much as I can.

Sep 18, 2009
  7. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Vista print - I think a copy of mine are on here...I have a Chef's apron and a recipe on the back.

Sep 18, 2009
  8. kcont

kcont Member

No matter where you get them take the next step and put magnets on them. You can get those at any office depot or office Max. The regular cards do get thrown away but humans have this compunction to take anything magnetized and put it on their fridge!! And you will stay on there for years!! I can't tell you how many referrals I received because they still had my info there!! So IMO if you don't put magnets on them you might as well throw the cards away for them!! :D

Sep 18, 2009
  9. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I prefer the Merrill ones. Professionalism goes a LONG way. ;)

Sep 18, 2009
  10. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I started with Vistaprint and then ordered Merrill and 500 goes a LONG WAY!!!!!

Sep 19, 2009
  11. KaiKendall

KaiKendall Member Gold Member

I have the vistaprint ones right now, they don't look cheap or cheesy at all, it all depends on your design. as soon as i get my PC dollars, i was going to look into the merrill ones... i do have the magnets too, i love them!

Sep 19, 2009
  12. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

I get mine from Vista Print. I had them designed by a graphic artist and then have the front printed glossy and the back color. Someone once told me that I am in the business of selling myself and that my card should reflect that. The merrill ones were not conveying that, but these catch people's eyes.

Whichever you choose, please choose something. Am working a booth this coming weekend with a consultant that didn't have any. What is that all about????

13. Jen1409

Jen1409 Member

would this work for a card? Obviously once I get a PWS I would do that on the bottom.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Sep 22, 2009
  14. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think it's nice, clean and simple.

A couple of things though:
    *When using the PC name you have to include the ® (hold the Alt key and type 0174)
    *We're not allowed to use the "discover the chef..." tag line
    *The website at the bottom is missing a d

I would also consider adding something about the other services you can provide: Bridal Showers, Wedding Registries, Fundraisers etc. I do like the "Ask me..." part though.

Sep 22, 2009
  15. Jen1409

Jen1409 Member

Thanks Noora, I don't plan on ordering them until I get my own site setup. I just wanted to see if the card was ok.

Sep 22, 2009
  16. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I don't believe that you can use PC$ for Merrill products- only PC products and supplies. Sorry!

Sep 22, 2009
  17. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

You cannot use PC$ on Merrill orders.

Yes 500 does go a long way! I think I bought mine over 2 years ago and I'm still going through them (maybe it was 1000 from a buy 500 get 500 free deal). I give a business card out to everyone who comes to my party.

Sep 22, 2009
  18. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I make my own at home - here are some samples:

Attached Files:

19. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Sep 22, 2009
  20. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I would wait till you can get a good deal on the Premium cards from Vista print. the heavier card stock and glossy is very nice looking. Do some searching on here we had alot of threads a year or so ago posting pics of our cards.

here is my current card:

Attached Files:

Sep 23, 2009
  21. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Uh-oh... Paulette, have you noticed that fundraisers is spelled wrong? Raisers on your card is raiers.

Other than that...love the card! :)

Sep 23, 2009
  22. KaiKendall

good to know about PC$ and merrill, guess I misunderstood, but I like my cards, so I'm happy for now. correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought we weren't allowed to use the logo on biz cards unless it was produced THROUGH a vendor (i,e. merrill)...which is why you can't use the logo on Vista cards. i love the cards Cathy made, but i thought we weren't allowed to do that...?

Sep 23, 2009
  23. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

Vista printing has a big sale for 24 hours...premium cards, postcards and magnets...all you'll pay is the shipping!!!

Check it out....

Sep 23, 2009
  24. erinhoward

erinhoward Novice Member

For those who order through Merrill, is that something you do through Consultant's Corner?

I do want nice cards but I'm thinking I should wait till I have my website URL to put on them. Until then I can use some cheapies. I have some my director made for me that will do till then. Would you agree?

Sep 28, 2009
  25. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

As long as you have some to hand out you should be fine. I ordered the free ones (Vistaprint) and just paid shipping along with matching labels for my catalogs (and recipe cards) the week I ordered my kit. I think I went through about ½ of them in my first 60 days. I put them in every order, handed them to everyone at every show and gave several out to people at work and extras to all my family to pass out to get my name out. I didn’t get my free site until almost my 60 days. I then ordered the upgraded glossy ones with my PWS and I added a favorite recipe to the back. This way when I gave them out to people at work and family I told them these are new and check out the recipe on the back.

Sep 30, 2009
  26. I'm new to PC. My team leader suggested Merrill; but, haven't found them on the web. What is their internet address? Thanks Debbie

27. cathyskitchen

We can make them ourselves with the logo, we just can't send the logo to another vendor to make the cards for us. I actually designed mine and printed them on my laser printer on business card paper I bought from Office Depot, so it's all on the up-and-up.

28. cathyskitchen

You can get to Merrill through Consultant's Corner.

29. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

go under the second red tab "Promote your business", and then the last option "Licensed Merchandise Vendors". Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a link to Merrill. The words "Market Impressions" is the part you can really see.

Oct 14, 2009
  30. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

cathy, these are great, but i didn't think we could use the pc logo ourselves?

Oct 14, 2009
  31. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

sorry, i didn't see the previous posts! I'm going to try this. My people really like the magnets so that is pretty much all i am doing now.

Oct 14, 2009
  32. cathyskitchen

Yes, we can. We can make our own flyers, labels and business cards with the logo. We just can't send it to another company to make them for us.

From Page 36 of the Consultant Policy guide:

The Pampered Chef® Logo
    All Consultants can use the Pampered Chef® logo in print
    advertising, on flyers, as part of e-mail signatures and in
    e-newsletters. The Pampered Chef® logo must be utilized
    in one of the two Home Office approved formats for
    advertising and publicity as set forth below; as long as you
    include your name and proper title (see above). The logo is
    available for download from Consultant’s Corner. Click on
    Promoting Your Business >Online Order Policies > View
    Advertising/Publicity Policies. The logo may not be altered in
    any way. You may not use the Chef’s hat icon alone. If you
    are utilizing the logo in any other format, it must be replaced
    with one of the approved formats below.
    The best way to protect our trademarks is to use the
    promotional flyers the Home Office produces and makes
    available in Consultant News and in downloadable format
    on Consultant’s Corner, as well as the marketing materials
    available through our licensed merchandise vendors.
    Other examples of trademarks include product names like
    Chillzanne®, Woven Selections™, Simple Additions®, The
    Grate Container®, Egg Slicer Plus®, etc. You must use the
    proper trademark symbol, TM or ®, if you use trademarked
    names in materials you produce.

Approved Vendors
    Do not give the logo, tagline or other trademarks to outside
    vendors for use on items such as personal checks, business
    cards, promotional merchandise, etc. The following licensed
    merchandise vendor is the only authorized vendor to make
    and sell business supplies and promotional items that feature
    The Pampered Chef® logo and trademarks.
    • Merrill Corporation — Enter their web site through
    Consultant’s Corner, by clicking Promoting Your
    Business > Licensed Merchandise Vendors >
    Merrill Corporation.

33. KaiKendall

Thanks for clarification!! I've read PnP a number of times, but always find something new! It makes sense because I do use the logo on flyers and such so it does make sense :)

Oct 15, 2009
Have something to add?