• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering Business Cards: VistaPrint Options

it's just a nice gesture.I have the vistaprint ones right now, they don't look cheap or cheesy at all, it all depends on your design. as soon as i get my PC dollars, i was going to look into the merrill ones... i do have the magnets too, i love them!The Merrill ones are nicer, but Vistaprint is also good. You can find them at any office supply store. Put magnets on them!
Jen1409
Where do you order your business cards?

For those of you that use VistaPrint, do you get the cheapy ones(what backround) or do you get the upgraded ones?

I got mine through Merrill- 250 I believe. They have lasted me through my first year and I still have some left over. I personally like the Merrill ones- biz cards weren't something that I wanted to go "unofficial" or discounted on.

Merrill, I like that there is a picture of the products on there and the logo. I think their business cards are reasonably priced and are very professional.

I have some from Merrill and some from Vista that I paid for. I got some free ones once, but they were really boring.

I use the VistaPrint ones. They have a cute logo that is free that you find if you search on "Chef's Hat"! I don't hand out business cards because I use recipe cards with my info on a lable on them. People throw away business cards but will keep a recipe card!

I ordered the free ones from Vista as soon as I signed - I just got my free website (60 days) and ordered new ones with the website info - same card but had an email for the upgraded ones in glossy for free. I like the Merrill ones but since I'm new I'm trying to keep my costs down as much as I can.

Vista print - I think a copy of mine are on here...I have a Chef's apron and a recipe on the back.

No matter where you get them take the next step and put magnets on them. You can get those at any office depot or office Max. The regular cards do get thrown away but humans have this compunction to take anything magnetized and put it on their fridge!! And you will stay on there for years!! I can't tell you how many referrals I received because they still had my info there!! So IMO if you don't put magnets on them you might as well throw the cards away for them!! :D

I prefer the Merrill ones. Professionalism goes a LONG way. ;)

I started with Vistaprint and then ordered Merrill and 500 goes a LONG WAY!!!!!

I have the vistaprint ones right now, they don't look cheap or cheesy at all, it all depends on your design. as soon as i get my PC dollars, i was going to look into the merrill ones... i do have the magnets too, i love them!

I get mine from Vista Print. I had them designed by a graphic artist and then have the front printed glossy and the back color. Someone once told me that I am in the business of selling myself and that my card should reflect that. The merrill ones were not conveying that, but these catch people's eyes.

Whichever you choose, please choose something. Am working a booth this coming weekend with a consultant that didn't have any. What is that all about????

would this work for a card? Obviously once I get a PWS I would do that on the bottom.

Last edited:
I think it's nice, clean and simple.

A couple of things though:
*When using the PC name you have to include the ® (hold the Alt key and type 0174)
*We're not allowed to use the "discover the chef..." tag line
*The website at the bottom is missing a d

I would also consider adding something about the other services you can provide: Bridal Showers, Wedding Registries, Fundraisers etc. I do like the "Ask me..." part though.

Thanks Noora, I don't plan on ordering them until I get my own site setup. I just wanted to see if the card was ok.

KaiKendall said:
I have the vistaprint ones right now, they don't look cheap or cheesy at all, it all depends on your design. as soon as i get my PC dollars, i was going to look into the merrill ones... i do have the magnets too, i love them!

I don't believe that you can use PC$ for Merrill products- only PC products and supplies. Sorry!

KaiKendall said:
You cannot use PC$ on Merrill orders.

jbdowd0798 said:
I started with Vistaprint and then ordered Merrill and 500 goes a LONG WAY!!!!!

Yes 500 does go a long way! I think I bought mine over 2 years ago and I'm still going through them (maybe it was 1000 from a buy 500 get 500 free deal). I give a business card out to everyone who comes to my party.

I make my own at home - here are some samples:

Attachments

• Business Cards - Logo.doc
    74.5 KB · Views: 920
  • Business Cards - Pictures.doc
    216 KB · Views: 767
LOVE Vista...I've ordered Magnets, Postcards, Lawn Sign, Business Cards...ALL match! Here's my magnets.....

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/my_account/doc_view.aspx?doc_id=801600178&xnav=MyAccount

...I've been able to "work it" so I've ONLY paid for the upgrades and shipping...LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT!!!!

Last edited:
I would wait till you can get a good deal on the Premium cards from Vista print. the heavier card stock and glossy is very nice looking. Do some searching on here we had alot of threads a year or so ago posting pics of our cards.

here is my current card:

Attachments

• best biz card no info.JPG
    best biz card no info.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 886
Uh-oh... Paulette, have you noticed that fundraisers is spelled wrong? Raisers on your card is raiers.

Other than that...love the card! :)

good to know about PC$ and merrill, guess I misunderstood, but I like my cards, so I'm happy for now. correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought we weren't allowed to use the logo on biz cards unless it was produced THROUGH a vendor (i,e. merrill)...which is why you can't use the logo on Vista cards. i love the cards Cathy made, but i thought we weren't allowed to do that...?

Vista printing has a big sale for 24 hours...premium cards, postcards and magnets...all you'll pay is the shipping!!! Check it out....

For those who order through Merrill, is that something you do through Consultant's Corner?

I do want nice cards but I'm thinking I should wait till I have my website URL to put on them. Until then I can use some cheapies. I have some my director made for me that will do till then. Would you agree?

As long as you have some to hand out you should be fine. I ordered the free ones (Vistaprint) and just paid shipping along with matching labels for my catalogs (and recipe cards) the week I ordered my kit. I think I went through about ½ of them in my first 60 days. I put them in every order, handed them to everyone at every show and gave several out to people at work and extras to all my family to pass out to get my name out. I didn’t get my free site until almost my 60 days. I then ordered the upgraded glossy ones with my PWS and I added a favorite recipe to the back. This way when I gave them out to people at work and family I told them these are new and check out the recipe on the back.

I'm new to PC. My team leader suggested Merrill; but, haven't found them on the web. What is their internet address? Thanks Debbie

KaiKendall said:
good to know about PC$ and merrill, guess I misunderstood, but I like my cards, so I'm happy for now. correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought we weren't allowed to use the logo on biz cards unless it was produced THROUGH a vendor (i,e. merrill)...which is why you can't use the logo on Vista cards. i love the cards Cathy made, but i thought we weren't allowed to do that...?

We can make them ourselves with the logo, we just can't send the logo to another vendor to make the cards for us. I actually designed mine and printed them on my laser printer on business card paper I bought from Office Depot, so it's all on the up-and-up.

AbundantLiving said:
I'm new to PC. My team leader suggested Merrill; but, haven't found them on the web. What is their internet address? Thanks Debbie

You can get to Merrill through Consultant's Corner.

cathyskitchen said:
You can get to Merrill through Consultant's Corner.

go under the second red tab "Promote your business", and then the last option "Licensed Merchandise Vendors". Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a link to Merrill. The words "Market Impressions" is the part you can really see.

cathy, these are great, but i didn't think we could use the pc logo ourselves?

sorry, i didn't see the previous posts! I'm going to try this. My people really like the magnets so that is pretty much all i am doing now.

lauriedip said:
cathy, these are great, but i didn't think we could use the pc logo ourselves?

Yes, we can. We can make our own flyers, labels and business cards with the logo. We just can't send it to another company to make them for us.

From Page 36 of the Consultant Policy guide:

The Pampered Chef® Logo
All Consultants can use the Pampered Chef® logo in print
advertising, on flyers, as part of e-mail signatures and in
e-newsletters. The Pampered Chef® logo must be utilized
in one of the two Home Office approved formats for
advertising and publicity as set forth below; as long as you
include your name and proper title (see above). The logo is
available for download from Consultant’s Corner. Click on
Promoting Your Business >Online Order Policies > View
Advertising/Publicity Policies. The logo may not be altered in
any way. You may not use the Chef’s hat icon alone. If you
are utilizing the logo in any other format, it must be replaced
with one of the approved formats below.
The best way to protect our trademarks is to use the
promotional flyers the Home Office produces and makes
available in Consultant News and in downloadable format
on Consultant’s Corner, as well as the marketing materials
available through our licensed merchandise vendors.
Other examples of trademarks include product names like
Chillzanne®, Woven Selections™, Simple Additions®, The
Grate Container®, Egg Slicer Plus®, etc. You must use the
proper trademark symbol, TM or ®, if you use trademarked
names in materials you produce.

Approved Vendors
Do not give the logo, tagline or other trademarks to outside
vendors for use on items such as personal checks, business
cards, promotional merchandise, etc. The following licensed
merchandise vendor is the only authorized vendor to make
and sell business supplies and promotional items that feature
The Pampered Chef® logo and trademarks.
• Merrill Corporation — Enter their web site through
Consultant’s Corner, by clicking Promoting Your
Business > Licensed Merchandise Vendors >
Merrill Corporation.

Thanks for clarification!! I've read PnP a number of times, but always find something new! It makes sense because I do use the logo on flyers and such so it does make sense :)

Where do you order your business cards?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend ordering business cards from VistaPrint. They offer high-quality printing services at an affordable price.

Do you get the cheapy ones or do you get the upgraded ones?

This decision ultimately depends on your budget and personal preference. The "cheapy" business cards from VistaPrint still have a professional look and are a great option for those on a tight budget. However, if you want to make a stronger impression, the upgraded business cards with premium paper and finishes are worth the investment.

What background options are available for business cards on VistaPrint?

VistaPrint offers a wide variety of background options for business cards. You can choose from solid colors, patterns, images, or even upload your own design. They also have pre-designed templates for different industries, including the direct sales industry for those who work for companies like Pampered Chef.

Can I customize the design of my business cards on VistaPrint?

Yes, VistaPrint allows you to fully customize the design of your business cards. You can choose from their pre-designed templates or upload your own design. They also offer options to add your own logo, change fonts and colors, and add additional information such as social media handles or a tagline.

How long does it take to receive business cards from VistaPrint?

The delivery time for business cards from VistaPrint depends on the shipping option you choose at checkout. Standard shipping typically takes 8-10 business days, while express shipping can take 3-5 business days. They also offer rush delivery options for those who need their business cards quickly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mikecooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • niktim3