• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Have a Bridal Shower Without the Bride?

In summary, the author is having a Bride-less Shower and is not sure how to do it without the bride there. There are many ideas for how to do it, but depending on the group assembled, it may be best to check with the host first.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, on the 9th I have a Bridal Shower....but the bride won't be there. (she's out of state). I've done bride-less showers before, but they were catalog shows.

Usually I interact with the bride, and have her help with the demo, and have other people interact with the bride, and make it a lot of fun...but I'm sorta stumped with how to do that w/o the bride there.
I do have an apron for everyone to sign - we'll still do that...but I'd love to hear others ideas and suggestions for a Bride-less Bridal Shower!

Can you call the bride and get some information from her and make up a quiz? ...have her share her favorite tools/recipes...Maybe she could record herself on a webcam and send a greeting too...

...or pick someone in the room that is the "oldest bride" and have them help......or people taking turns being the bride and guessing what she'd do and how she'd react...

Are they taping for her at all? Heck, with technology, she could be watching even via a webcam.

Will the maid of honor be there? She can step in for her if that's okay. Because, again, people are there to celebrate someone and it's fun to have memories of people they know or may want to get to know (I'm realizing many maid of honors may not know everyone).

I find it's a little easier to get people involved when it's for her as well. I did have a bride-less shower when she had to go to another state unexpectedly! It went fine and people could openly purchase wedding gifts for her to and plot a little more :). Just be aware if it's on tape...will she get it before or after the wedding? Make sure comments on tape are appropriate then unless they don't mind her knowing.

They are planning on using Skype to have her "there" for at least part of it. But with the time difference, she will be at work still when we start the shower.

I like the idea of having the oldest or maybe the longest married bride help out!

We did one of these about 3 years ago for my cousin, her sister threw it...and we dressed her husband (the sister's) as the bride and had him open the presents and filmed it. It was hilarious.

ChefBeckyD said:
They are planning on using Skype to have her "there" for at least part of it. But with the time difference, she will be at work still when we start the shower.

I like the idea of having the oldest or maybe the longest married bride help out!

Depending on the group assembled, definitely check with the host. At mine, the oldest would have been 60+ and not very interested in doing that much. It's a cute idea though!

Jules711 said:
Depending on the group assembled, definitely check with the host. At mine, the oldest would have been 60+ and not very interested in doing that much. It's a cute idea though!

It all depends on your crowd. My 60+ guests are often the most talkative and lively. It is fun to compare the past to the conveniences of today!

janetupnorth said:
It all depends on your crowd. My 60+ guests are often the most talkative and lively. It is fun to compare the past to the conveniences of today!

Yes, I was thinking of the mother of the host of the shower. She has been to several shows, and is always alot of fun!

janetupnorth said:
...or pick someone in the room that is the "oldest bride" and have them help...

...or people taking turns being the bride and guessing what she'd do and how she'd react...

That is pretty KEWL!!

What is a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!"?

A "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!" is a type of bridal shower where the bride is not present. It is typically held for a bride who is unable to attend or for a bride-to-be who has already had a traditional bridal shower.

Why would someone have a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!"?

There are a few reasons why someone may choose to have a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!" It could be because the bride is unable to attend, such as if she lives far away or has a conflicting schedule. It could also be because the bride has already had a traditional bridal shower and this is a way to celebrate with friends and family who were not able to attend the first one.

Who typically hosts a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!"?

The host of a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!" can vary. It could be a family member, friend, or even the bride herself. It is usually someone close to the bride who wants to celebrate her upcoming marriage.

What types of gifts are appropriate for a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!"?

Gifts for a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!" can range from traditional bridal shower gifts like kitchen items or home decor, to more personal gifts for the bride herself. It is a good idea to check with the host or the bride's registry for gift ideas.

What are some fun activities for a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!"?

Some fun activities for a "Bridal Shower W/ No Bride!" could include traditional bridal shower games, cooking or baking demos using Pampered Chef products, or a DIY spa day with homemade facials and manicures. It is also a great opportunity for guests to share memories and stories about the bride-to-be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Malinda Klein