• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower by Catalog Across-The-Miles?

In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a long distance bridal shower, including setting it up as a show on a website and creating a wish list for the bride. Suggestions for games such as a quiz about the bride and a raffle for door prizes are also mentioned. The conversation also touches on the differences between bridal showers and bachelorette parties in different cultures.
its_me_susan
Have any of you done a Bridal "across the miles"? I have a friend who wants to do this for her sister, and have her register through me. Does anyone have any suggestions for "games" I can play with them via email? Or a drawing of some sort? Will my friend (the host) get benefits if she puts it together?

Thanks in advance!
Susan :)

I don't know about games to do for a long distance bridal shower, but I do know that you can set it up as a show on your website (assuming you have one). The "host" can send emails to all invited and do this through the host only section of the website. You can create the bride's wish list online at the main PC website, but if people order directly through there, it can't get compiled and added to a show. I've done it before where I have the bride or host give instructions to the "guests" that they can VIEW the registry through the main website, but log onto my website to place the order by entering the bride's name. Then the bride (or the host-but most times I've seen the host give the benefits to the bride) will get all the host benefits.

People now have started putting the bride's wish list on their website under a "news" item so people don't even have to look at the main website. Until they have some sort of gift registry option on our own personal websites, I think this is a great idea. I plan to do it with the next registry I do.

I just had a thought....I suppose one type of game you could do is have a quiz like "How well do you know Betty?" or whatever and have a bunch of questions that the host can come up with regarding little funny details about the bride. The "guests" can email in answers and maybe the one with the most correct wins a little PC product or something.

pamperedbecky said:
I just had a thought....I suppose one type of game you could do is have a quiz like "How well do you know Betty?" or whatever and have a bunch of questions that the host can come up with regarding little funny details about the bride. The "guests" can email in answers and maybe the one with the most correct wins a little PC product or something.

Thanks! Yes that could be fun! Maybe I could also have a raffle where all guests can email me their "basic show info, including if they'd like to book a show" and I can pull one or two out of a bag and send "door prizes"?

Thanks for both of your suggestions! I'm saving them to my notes - it won't be until around February (March wedding).

:)

Games at a Bridal Shower
its_me_susan said:
Have any of you done a Bridal "across the miles"? I have a friend who wants to do this for her sister, and have her register through me. Does anyone have any suggestions for "games" I can play with them via email? Or a drawing of some sort? Will my friend (the host) get benefits if she puts it together?

Thanks in advance!
Susan :)

I did a show this week where the host's best friend is due to get married to the brother of the host's husband (if you can follow that). Bridal Showers haven't really caught on in the UK yet - all the girls tend to go out on a night-out, that we call a Hen Party, instead. They usually have a theme for the night out where they all wear say a Pink Glittery Cowboy Hat so that everyone know they are in the same party, and the aim is to get the Bride as drunk as possible it would seem. I am trying to get them interested in Bridal Showers as the Mums and Grans and aging Aunts can come (they probably wouldn't want to go out to a bar dressed as a nurse!) - any tips for Bridal Shower Shows as I have never been to one - do you play games? What kind of recipe do you choose etc.

Thanks

Yvonne

Yvonne said:
I did a show this week where the host's best friend is due to get married to the brother of the host's husband (if you can follow that). Bridal Showers haven't really caught on in the UK yet - all the girls tend to go out on a night-out, that we call a Hen Party, instead. They usually have a theme for the night out where they all wear say a Pink Glittery Cowboy Hat so that everyone know they are in the same party, and the aim is to get the Bride as drunk as possible it would seem. I am trying to get them interested in Bridal Showers as the Mums and Grans and aging Aunts can come (they probably wouldn't want to go out to a bar dressed as a nurse!) - any tips for Bridal Shower Shows as I have never been to one - do you play games? What kind of recipe do you choose etc.

Thanks

Yvonne

Yvonne,
How about suggesting they all start with a little kitchen show (something to eat and treat the bride to lovely gifts) first, then the rest can keep going....

If you look through the files down below (scroll way down) there are tons of ideas!

Q: What is a "Bridal Shower by Catalog Across-The-Miles"?

A "Bridal Shower by Catalog Across-The-Miles" is a unique way to celebrate a bride-to-be who may not live in the same location as her friends and family. It involves sending the bride a Pampered Chef catalog and having guests purchase items for her from the comfort of their own homes.

Q: How does a "Bridal Shower by Catalog Across-The-Miles" work?

First, the host will contact a Pampered Chef consultant to set up a party and provide the bride's address. The consultant will then send a catalog to the bride and provide a link for guests to order from. Guests can purchase items and have them shipped directly to the bride. The host can also choose to have a virtual party and invite guests to join online.

Q: Is there a minimum purchase requirement for guests?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement for guests. They are free to purchase any item from the catalog, big or small. Every purchase will contribute to the bride's wish list and help her start her new life with quality kitchenware.

Q: Can guests still participate if they are unable to attend the "Bridal Shower by Catalog Across-The-Miles" in person?

Yes, guests can still participate even if they are unable to attend the party in person. They can order items through the provided link and have them shipped directly to the bride. This allows friends and family who may not live in the same location to still be a part of the celebration.

Q: Are there any special perks for the bride or host of a "Bridal Shower by Catalog Across-The-Miles"?

Yes, the bride will receive a free gift from Pampered Chef with her first order and the host will earn rewards based on the total sales of the party. The host can use these rewards to purchase items for themselves or for the bride as an additional gift.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lisa F.
  • purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • byrd1956