• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Bouncing an Idea off You All...

I don't have a membership at a warehouse store, but I do have a membership at Sam's. I would definitely use that to get the ingredients for the recipe. I have also been using the party plates/utensils and taking them to the shows all season. Hosts really appreciate that and it's no cost to me. Do you have Aldi where you live?You may not have to buy the groceries yourself...I frequently offer to save my host the trip to the grocery store. I pick up the ingrediants for the recipe and they reimburse me (a key point during host coaching).
pamela
I have 2 shows this weekend and both are expected to have really good attendance. I NEED shows for June and am thinking of booking the bejeebers out of the first 2 weeks (school is still in around here and vacations have not started yet). So, my thought is to take the beverage bucket I have filled with the summer stuff and offer a "no heat" or "no sweat" summer show by placing the dates I have in little spinning red, white and blue flowers. Now, where I need help with this is how to make it as totally, completely simple for the host...from beginning to end!
Here is what I have so far:
I send invitations (I already do this, but they don't know that!)
I bring ingredients (NEED RECIPE IDEAS to keep it cheap for me)
I make reminder calls

What else could I do to promote this idea?

I liked what Theresa Brown did in the Cooking Shows in Action DVD. She had a booking tree thingy with her dates there and just passed it out. She sends invites, has the host buy the ingredients, and that's it. She asked the current host how easy it was and Theresa also said something like "give me a few hours and I'll help you get $150 worth of PC"--making it sound easy and that the payoff would be worth it. :D

Like these ideas!! Obviously, I did not watch the DVD completely :blushing: I am not at home to help with the cheap recipes. We have to get Ann S to Directorship so she can come up with some of her wonderful ideas!!!

Honestly, with the price of food, not sure there is too much that is cheap. The new Red, White and Blueberry trifle is awesome and easy, but expensive. What about the Chocolate Chip Sensation (bring the cookie already baked)?

I am sorry I am not much help right now:(

You can do Colossal Chopped Salad pretty cheap because of the "buy in bulk" factor. Do you have Aldi where you live?

You may not have to buy the groceries yourself...I frequently offer to save my host the trip to the grocery store. I pick up the ingrediants for the recipe and they reimburse me (a key point during host coaching).

I love your idea Meg...the 'no sweat' line is great! I hope you don't mind if I use that at my show tomorrow night:blushing:. With the hot weather coming, it has a great ring to it. (I like doing the 30m chicken along with a trifle.)

I don't know why I hadn't thought of the 30 min chicken! DUH!
Someone on CS recommended purchasing the paper products for the host as well....get them at the $ store cheap! EDIT: just checked CS and someone mentioned using our Outdoor Party Plates, Utensils and cups rather than spend too much $ on ones from the $ store...what a great idea to show more products!I also looked at the Summer Layered Berry Salad and I love the way it looks and it uses the Mandoline quite a bit...I think I might go with it if I can price it under $10. If not, I will probably do the 30 min chicken and maybe the cran-rasp fizz!

Leggy, you go right ahead and use my line! It is rare that I come up with an original thought on these forums, so I will be honored to have you use it!

chefmeg said:
I don't know why I hadn't thought of the 30 min chicken! DUH!
Someone on CS recommended purchasing the paper products for the host as well....get them at the $ store cheap! EDIT: just checked CS and someone mentioned using our Outdoor Party Plates, Utensils and cups rather than spend too much $ on ones from the $ store...what a great idea to show more products!I also looked at the Summer Layered Berry Salad and I love the way it looks and it uses the Mandoline quite a bit...I think I might go with it if I can price it under $10. If not, I will probably do the 30 min chicken and maybe the cran-rasp fizz!

Leggy, you go right ahead and use my line! It is rare that I come up with an original thought on these forums, so I will be honored to have you use it!

I have 2 sets of the party plates/utensils and have been taking them to shows all season. Hosts really appreciate that and it's no cost to me. Only problem was someone put one in a microwave and cheese melted onto it "wrecking" the plate. Makes me remind people to not do that.

Do you have a Sam's or other warehouse store membership? You can get bulk items there and offer recipes that use them. Then you are only buying a couple things unique to the recipe for each show or ask the host to get those few things - they are always thrilled to provide just a couple ingredients and it doesn't cost you much.

So, you are putting the spinny flower things into the bucket? Or you are giving the bucket to the host with show stuff in it?
Sorry to be such a dork... want to know how this works though.:blushing:

chefmeg said:
I have 2 shows this weekend and both are expected to have really good attendance. I NEED shows for June and am thinking of booking the bejeebers out of the first 2 weeks (school is still in around here and vacations have not started yet). So, my thought is to take the beverage bucket I have filled with the summer stuff and offer a "no heat" or "no sweat" summer show by placing the dates I have in little spinning red, white and blue flowers. Now, where I need help with this is how to make it as totally, completely simple for the host...from beginning to end!
Here is what I have so far:
I send invitations (I already do this, but they don't know that!)
I bring ingredients (NEED RECIPE IDEAS to keep it cheap for me)
I make reminder calls

What else could I do to promote this idea?

the spinning flower things are in a bucket with the new products in it that I take to the show. I didn't have ANY bookings from my 2 shows this weekend, but I am not giving up! I think the circumstances of these shows led to the no bookings situation, so I am getting on the phone to ask who wants to have a "no sweat" show!

Related to Bouncing an Idea off You All...

1. Can you explain what "Bouncing an Idea off You All..." means?

"Bouncing an Idea off You All..." is a phrase commonly used to describe the act of seeking feedback or opinions from a group of people. It implies that the person has an idea and wants to share it with others to get their thoughts and suggestions.

2. Is "Bouncing an Idea off You All..." only used in a professional setting?

No, "Bouncing an Idea off You All..." can be used in both professional and personal situations. It can be used in a work meeting, brainstorming session, or even when discussing ideas with friends or family.

3. What is the benefit of "Bouncing an Idea off You All..."?

The benefit of "Bouncing an Idea off You All..." is that it allows for a diverse range of perspectives and feedback. By sharing your idea with a group, you can receive valuable insights and suggestions that you may not have considered on your own.

4. How do I effectively "Bounce an Idea off You All..."?

To effectively "Bounce an Idea off You All...", it's important to clearly communicate your idea and the specific feedback or input you are seeking. Be open to listening to different perspectives and ideas, and be willing to discuss and collaborate with others.

5. Can "Bouncing an Idea off You All..." lead to successful ideas?

Yes, "Bouncing an Idea off You All..." can lead to successful ideas. By gathering feedback and incorporating different perspectives, you can refine and improve your initial idea, leading to a more well-rounded and successful result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • pamperedlinda