• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Needs Help Preparing for Mall Booth!

In summary, the lady was overdue for a show and had a great dir. She introduced herself and offered to host the show.
PamperedJAB
Hey! I'm doing a booth on Saturday at a local mall. Just looking for some ideas/input. Anything you think would help. I'm new to this, and pretty nervous! Thanks!!! :)

There is a ton of info on booths so look through that. Who knows what you'll find. Smile, stand, don't attack. I "play" with my booth so that they don't feel like I'm waiting to pounce on them. A drawing for a gift certificate in order to get contact info is very important. Make sure to advertise the stoneware is on sale! Good luck!

Offer some sort of door prize to get contact info.

I just did 2 booths in 2 wekends! I did a raffle for a batter bowl since I had 2 before I became a consultant and have no room for a third! I went with the expectation to only get contacts since I have just moved back to where I grew up! The first weekend I got 13 contacts and no orders but was happy having some leads! Yesterday I did the same drawing and got 23 drawingslips and 2 orders! I have had notime to make calls yet but plan on contacting everyone from last two weekends this week! I need to fill my calendar fast!

Supermom gave some great advice (as did the others). Go into it with an expectation of getting leads, not that you'll get a bunch of sales, bookings or recruits signing on the spot. A booth is a great way to meet people you normally wouldn't and get their info. so you can contact them about those 3 things. I always stand (never sit!), hand out a recipe, mini-catalog or flyer, and ask if they've ever heard of PC, or if they walk up and say "OMG I LOVE PC!" I ask them what their favorite products are and why and then go from there. Don't be afraid to ask questions, esp. if it's okay for you to contact them. That way you get permission up front and they'll expect a call. After that, you HAVE to follow up, so schedule time next week and set a goal of X amount of calls a day until you reach everyone. Don't let too much time go by, or you'll never do it (trust me!). GL and let us know how it goes!

Cathy gave some geat advice. I have to share something my director did. I just about peed my pants!

Lady comes to the table: "I love PC".
Dir: Great! When was the last time you hosted a show?
Lady: Its been a couple of years.
Dir: Well, you are waay overdue. Let me get my book and we'll set a date.
Lady: OK

Holy crap! Then, the only week the lady wanted, my dir was booked. So she explained that to the lady, and introduced me to her. The the lady asked if *I* was available. And YES I was! I have such a great dir, and not just because she slipped me a show!

SO, I would recommend you try this if you are comfortable! I am going to try it at least once!

1. How can I effectively set up my booth to attract customers?

The first step to setting up a successful mall booth is to make it visually appealing. Use bright colors, attractive displays, and clear signage to catch the attention of passersby. Additionally, offer samples of your products to entice customers to stop and try them out.

2. What types of products should I feature in my booth?

It's important to feature a variety of products that appeal to different tastes and needs. Consider showcasing best-selling or seasonal items, as well as new or exclusive products. It's also helpful to have a mix of both consumable and non-consumable items to cater to different customer preferences.

3. How can I effectively engage with potential customers?

Engaging with customers is key to making a sale. Make sure to have knowledgeable staff at the booth who can answer questions and demonstrate products. Offer special promotions or discounts to encourage customers to make a purchase. It's also helpful to have a sign-up sheet for a mailing list or social media pages to stay in touch with interested customers.

4. What should I do if I experience slow traffic at my booth?

If you find that your booth is not getting a lot of foot traffic, don't get discouraged. Use this time to reorganize and refresh your display, or offer special deals to attract customers. You can also reach out to mall management to inquire about advertising opportunities or additional foot traffic in the area.

5. How can I effectively pack and transport my products to the mall booth?

When packing for a mall booth, it's important to consider transportation and display needs. Use sturdy bags or boxes to protect your products during transport. Make sure to also pack any necessary tools or equipment for setting up your display. It's also helpful to have a checklist to ensure you don't forget any important items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennifertpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • sarahsellcm