• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales with Tastefully Simple Products - Tips for Success

anything.I signed up for DS because I thought it would be a perfect fit for me. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I thought I could make a really good living with this business. I found out that I can't do this because I don't have the time or the passion for it. If I want to make a living with this, I need to either find someone to help me manage it, or I need to find a different product line.
apamperedone
I am thinking of starting to sell Tastefully Simple products. PC is starting to lose ground in my area since2 major employers have and are going to close theirs doors by the end of Feb. Any suggestions ti help me decide to stick woth PC only?:confused:

Only mt persdonal opinion. BUT, if you can't get the customers to support your PC business, how are you going to get them to support 2 businesses?
I would expand my territory a wee bit, recruit like crazy and do some fairs. The work is the work and with 2 businesses your focus will be split.
Although their are some cheffers that do multiple businesses so they could probably give you a more "real life" scenario

With TS it is a consumable product so I will always have a buy -sell consumer base. With PC the products just keep getting more expensive and geared toward the "high end customer" instead of the middle income customer. I have 4 recruits now and my area goes from Ky to Pa to Wv for shows so I'm not sure how much farther I could travel.

Last edited:
Personally, I would only buy TS on special occasions - not every time I run out. I like that what I buy from PC stays around. However, that is why PC works well for me.

you have 4 recruits?
are they active?
Get yourself directorship!!
How many shows do you do a month?
how many would you like to do?
how many hours a week do you devote to your business?
These are all things that you can consider before trying on somethinng new.
I'm with Kate, I buy TS only on special occassions. I think if I was in a pinch for money I would make 99 cent brownies in my earned pan from PC, before I would make 8 dollar brownies in my old junky tin one.
Just my 2 cents.

Wow, you are sooo close to directorship which will give you extra income for the same amount of work. I would encourage you to get some more detailed information on Tastefully Simple. I have a customer who sells this and has been telling me the reorder business is great but when I ask her detailed numbers she tells me last month she had almost $100 in reorders and based on her excitement level that was a really good month. Not that I wouldn't like "reorders" but most months I have someone order online or give me a call because they want a product. I know for myself having a drastic change in income when we decided I would stay home with the kids Tastefully Simple was something I couldn't support selling because of the cost. I know that PC products are getting more expensive on some items but most of them have stayed the same price for years and there is a huge percentage of the catalog that is under $20.

Of course, there are some of those people that will continually reorder from Tastefully Simple because they don't have a problem with keeping a budget, you would just need to find them.

Being so close to directorship I would think you could really expand that business much easier but you have to go with what products you love and can stand behind. Either way, good luck with your business!

Grass is always greener...I, too, looked at doing a different "consumable" product line. I even signed up, and was really excited about it. I thought it would solve all of my issues with TPC.

What I found out about myself and my business was:

• If I don't manage my business, no matter what it is, it won't be what I want it to be.
  • If money is an issue for a customer, they're not going to pay big bucks for a wonderful food product.
  • If they have to make a choice, most people would rather have a quality long-lasting product than a quality consumable product (at least when it comes to food).
  • When I realized I was about to fail at both businesses, I focused whole heartedly on the one who gave me so much (TPC :p ), and have been reaping the rewards since (like Directorship).

All of that said, I will tell you something else I have learned about DS businesses over the last 2 1/2 years: There is a business out there to meet the needs and passions of everyone! Whether it's kids' products, food products, entertaining products, cleaning products, "adult" products, makeup products, pet products...whatever it may be, there is a fit out there for everyone! If you feel like you can be more passionate about the food end of it rather than the ease of prep and quality tools, then it might be a good fit for you. Maybe TPC isn't your cup of tea, and TS will be.

BUT, think long and hard before giving up what already exists for something that may or not take off for you.

I don't know if that helps at all, but I hope it does at some level!

Have a happy and prosperous New Year!

Pampered Chef has some wonderful consumable products! I began putting a tea bag in each host packet (along with a short note) so my hosts can enjoy a cup while they write their invitations or invitation list. One host loved it so much, she ordered some at her show!

I also absolutely love the spices and have customers who love the coffee and the beer bread. My friend likes our beer bread much better than the Tastefully Simple beer bread.

Since money is tight in your area, try to focus on teaching your Pampered Chef customers how to use our tools to cook low cost, healthy, delicious meals! My husband makes most of our pizza, Each one costs around $3.00 to make and is so much better than anything that can be delivered. If a customer purchases one of our stones, she/he will save the money on delivery after two or three pizza nights!

Thanks!
Lisa

ChefLisa said:
Pampered Chef has some wonderful consumable products! I began putting a tea bag in each host packet (along with a short note) so my hosts can enjoy a cup while they write their invitations or invitation list. One host loved it so much, she ordered some at her show!

I also absolutely love the spices and have customers who love the coffee and the beer bread. My friend likes our beer bread much better than the Tastefully Simple beer bread.

Since money is tight in your area, try to focus on teaching your Pampered Chef customers how to use our tools to cook low cost, healthy, delicious meals! My husband makes most of our pizza, Each one costs around $3.00 to make and is so much better than anything that can be delivered. If a customer purchases one of our stones, she/he will save the money on delivery after two or three pizza nights!

Thanks!
Lisa

I absolutely love the personalization of the the tea bag in the envelope. Something like that would make me feel so special and warm. VERY VERY AWESOME!!!!!!!! What does your note consist of if you don't mind sharing???:D

I would stick with just one company, personally. I think it would do better to focus all efforts on one company. I find myself sometimes having a hard time devoting enough time to one and could not imagine having to do it for two. Plus, if you have the same customer base I would not want them to feel like I was pushing more on them.

I would choose which ever one suits you best and go with just that one.

ChefLisa said:

I really like the tea bag idea as well, but the tea bags aren't individually wrapped, are they? People don't mind that there is no outer wrapper??

cat said:
I really like the tea bag idea as well, but the tea bags aren't individually wrapped, are they? People don't mind that there is no outer wrapper??

You could always put it in an individual snack bag, so, it is not just in floating around in the host packet. Just a thought! I have done this with candy and things before.

Two major businesses in your area are closing? Sounds like RECRUITING heaven!! There are some folks who are going to need great, flexible incomes! The business IS there.

Related to Boost Your Sales with Tastefully Simple Products - Tips for Success

1. Can I sell other products besides Pampered Chef items?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are allowed to sell other products in addition to Pampered Chef items. However, it is important to make sure that these products do not conflict with Pampered Chef's mission or values.

2. Do I need to get approval to sell other products?

Yes, you must obtain approval from your Pampered Chef team leader before selling any other products. They will review the products to ensure they align with Pampered Chef's values and will not create any conflicts of interest.

3. Can I promote my other products at Pampered Chef parties?

No, Pampered Chef parties are specifically meant for promoting and selling Pampered Chef products. It is not appropriate to promote or sell other products at these events.

4. Are there any restrictions on the types of products I can sell?

Yes, there are certain restrictions on the types of products you can sell as a Pampered Chef consultant. Any products that are in direct competition with Pampered Chef's products or that go against the company's values and mission are not allowed to be sold.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef business to promote my other products?

No, your Pampered Chef business is meant to promote and sell Pampered Chef products. Using it to promote other products may cause conflicts of interest and goes against the company's policies. It is best to keep your Pampered Chef business separate from any other business ventures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • Tropicalburstqt2