• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Recruiting Strategies: Standing Out Against Family Pressure

In summary, the recruit has 2 cousins trying to get her to sign with them. One is a MK rep and one a Premiere Jewelery. The biggest thing is they are hyping up the higher commission they get. How do I compete with that? The recruit needs something good to counter with. TIA?
Becky0216
I have a potential recruit who has 2 of her cousins trying to get her to sign with them. One is a MK rep and one a Premiere Jewelery.
He biggest thing is they are hyping up the higher commission they get. How do I compete with that?
I need something good to counter with.
TIA?

Just ask her about everything else...do they get a chance to buy new products at 50% off each season? Do they have to pay for credt card processing? How often does their season changeover? Also, which products does she have a greater passion for? That will make a difference in how successful she is with any business she starts.

Becky0216 said:
I have a potential recruit who has 2 of her cousins trying to get her to sign with them. One is a MK rep and one a Premiere Jewelery.
He biggest thing is they are hyping up the higher commission they get. How do I compete with that?
I need something good to counter with.
TIA?

It will take forever to make money at MK because you spend the first few month putting money back in to get stock! And Premiere is very costly to get into for one and their catalogs cost a small fortune... not to mention pictures do not do the jewelry justice so unless you own it I doubt you will sell it.
With the economy in such bad shape I think it's easier to sell a product that benefits the family! Good luck I hope it works out for you...

Do they have to pay for host benefits?

Do they get commission adjustments when customers return items?

Do they have to hold inventory?

How much does a website cost, or is one even offered?

Really...when it comes down to it, she needs to sign with the company that she has a PASSION for.

1. Not everyone wears makeup or buys/wears jewelry
2. Their prices are inflated so they are able to offer a "higher commission
3. Everyone eats and has a kitchen!
4. In today's economy, no one wants to spend their money on makeup or jewelry.
5. PC has NO INVENTORY
6. You don't have to recruit to make the big bucks
7. No high start up cost!
8. PC is not a saturated market! I think the stats are like 70,000 PC active consultants worldwide and there's 50,000 MK reps in Texas alone!
9. PC shows are fun!! You are constanly learning how to cook better and faster. What do you learn w/ jewelry?

I am sure I'll think of more.....

Oh one more thing they have probably already already hit up every family member to do a party for both of those companies. Tell her it would be great to sell something different and team up with her cousins for holiday open houses and share contacts...

Chef Kearns said:
Just ask her about everything else...do they get a chance to buy new products at 50% off each season? Do they have to pay for credt card processing? How often does their season changeover? Also, which products does she have a greater passion for? That will make a difference in how successful she is with any business she starts.

That was what I was going to say. She will be much more successful with a product she believes in than one where all she is looking for is dollar signs.

inventory is a biggie
also, what is the return policy.... not sure on Mk (if you can even do that) but I think the jewelry one you pay per piece to be returned
i might even ask her to compare the different incentives (trips, gas cards, make a long list of all promos we've been offered in the past year the new bags, sell a thon levels we earn twice a year, etc)

KellyTheChef said:
Do they have to pay for host benefits?

Do they get commission adjustments when customers return items?

Do they have to hold inventory?

How much does a website cost, or is one even offered?

Really...when it comes down to it, she needs to sign with the company that she has a PASSION for.

This is SO true!!!

I am a product know-it-all about the direct sales companies that I love and purchase from. I could probably sell you a pair of used socks, but if I don't have a passion for the product, then I won't be GREAT at it!!

But all of the other points are GREAT as well!! And if they are undecided on what they want to sell, these are all really good points to make!!

My sister sells MK and she was telling me what all she needs in order to step up the ladder. It sounds like they have to recruit WAY more people than we do in order to have a great increase in pay. Did I read somewhere that someone posted a list of all the DS companies and what the perks and drawbacks are for each? I might be imagining that one.

I just did a show for my sister and one thing she said at it was that studies show that during financial hardship the 2 industries that see increases are the alcohol sales and cosmetics industry. I thought that was interesting. But I like our practicality.

I get this a lot and I always tell them about my experience with other DS companies where the comission was more but somehow I never made any money. It all went back in to inventory, host gifts, purchasing stuff I needed to show (I had to have everything.) I then tell them that with PC there are always promotions where you EARN the stuff you need to show or get it as a significant discount. I tell them that with PC I actually make money and see it. It's only 20% for those who do the minimum. I made close to $5000 my first 4 months with PC and earned about $2,000 worth of products, gifts, perks and Level 1 gift certificate. By the time they are able to pick their mouth from the floor they sign up.

Last edited:
Here is an article I shared before. PC is listed as the best rated DS company.

http://brainchildmag.com/essays/summer2008_schultz.asp

Here is the paragraph where PC is mentioned (in case you don't want to read the whole long article.)

In truth, not every single MLM is regarded as problematic by industry watchdogs. On his website, mlm-thetruth.com, Jon Taylor goes out of his way to highlight one company he feels operates aboveboard: Pampered Chef. “Fair and equitable distribution of income in compensation plans for participants who focus on product sales are extremely rare in MLM/network marketing,” Taylor writes. “Where such MLM programs exist, I call them ‘retail MLMs.’ In such programs, every participant can earn a reasonable income for their efforts in selling products—without recruiting a large downline. Out of hundreds of MLMs I have reviewed, Pampered Chef is one of those extremely rare MLM/network marketing programs that can be classified as a legitimate ‘retail MLM.’ ”

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. I will bring that to her. I pointed out the obvious but had a hard time really rebutting the commission thing.

When it comes right down to it 30% to 40% comission is not really that when you have to re-invest it for your personal use or to purchase Host Perks. Our host program is top notch and she will feel great offering it and knowing it wont cost her anything. Hope it goes well and she signs with you.

we never have to pay another cent. we can earn all the new products. do not have to renew each year.

Usually I just read what everyone else is saying....but this time I'm gonna speak up:)
I just got finished reading the article in that Addie4TLC put up. I am so glad that someone wrote something like that.
I would definitely have your girl read that.
I am so glad to be apart of PC and everything that they have to offer our host's and customers, as well as us consultants!
I had a Premiere Jewelry party just last week actually. I did a party for her and she did one for me. So anyways... when I got my $77 in free product as a host for my saled...I found out that I had to still pay tax on that free product! I was shocked...but I guess not everyone can be as good for host's as PC. I also asked my jewelry lady a lot of questions about what she has to do as a consultant. I was shocked to find out that she had to pay to have a monthly service at her house to run people's credit cards. That is something that I would definitely not be willing to do.. it's a lot of money, like $150 a month.
So anyways.. I know I have rambled on for awhile. BUt all you can do is lay it all out to her and show her everything, she will make her choice, and hopefully it will be a wise one:) Also, I tell all of my new recruits to talk things over with their husbands and make sure that they are going to have their support and that it is something they are willing to work with as a couple. (that was something in that article that I was not surprised to hear is that they tell people to not talk to their husbands about it!!)
Everyone has to eat! I love PC:love:

Well I brought forth that info this morning already. She was suprised and said if he does choose to sign with someone it will be with me. She said she is ALMOST there so I am hoping I get get her completely there. This is a woman who does not cook. Her hubby laughed when she attended my open house and made a purchase. I suggested the pizza stone because I knew she would fall in love with it and want more. Well she used the stone 5 times in a week and said it was her new best friend. And her DH was so happy his wife was cooking:) He is in favor of her joining PC so I am hopeful.
Also found out Premiere start up cost is $399- thats alot!

jewls243 said:
Usually I just read what everyone else is saying....but this time I'm gonna speak up:)
I just got finished reading the article in that Addie4TLC put up. I am so glad that someone wrote something like that.
I would definitely have your girl read that.
I am so glad to be apart of PC and everything that they have to offer our host's and customers, as well as us consultants!
I had a Premiere Jewelry party just last week actually. I did a party for her and she did one for me. So anyways... when I got my $77 in free product as a host for my saled...I found out that I had to still pay tax on that free product! I was shocked...but I guess not everyone can be as good for host's as PC. I also asked my jewelry lady a lot of questions about what she has to do as a consultant. I was shocked to find out that she had to pay to have a monthly service at her house to run people's credit cards. That is something that I would definitely not be willing to do.. it's a lot of money, like $150 a month.
So anyways.. I know I have rambled on for awhile. BUt all you can do is lay it all out to her and show her everything, she will make her choice, and hopefully it will be a wise one:) Also, I tell all of my new recruits to talk things over with their husbands and make sure that they are going to have their support and that it is something they are willing to work with as a couple. (that was something in that article that I was not surprised to hear is that they tell people to not talk to their husbands about it!!)
Everyone has to eat! I love PC:love:

It didn't really surprise me - because I know the manipulative techniques of some DS companies...but it did make even more apparent the difference between PC and some other companies. I too have recruits talk to their spouse, or SO. I also invite them to bring their spouse or a friend with them when we talk - to help them make an informed decision.

I would ask her what product she likes best! She's not going to stick to any of it if she doesn't believe in the product she is selling. That's my 2 cents! :)

1. What is "Need Recruiting Help?"

"Need Recruiting Help" is a service that helps employers find and hire top talent for their company. We offer various recruiting solutions, such as job postings, resume screening, and candidate matching, to make the hiring process more efficient and effective.

2. How does "Need Recruiting Help" work?

First, you can choose from our different recruiting solutions based on your hiring needs. Then, our team of experts will work with you to create a customized hiring plan and assist you throughout the entire recruitment process. We also have access to a large pool of qualified candidates to help you find the best fit for your company.

3. What types of positions can "Need Recruiting Help" assist with?

We can help with recruiting for various types of positions, including full-time, part-time, contract, and remote roles. We have experience recruiting for a wide range of industries and job functions, from entry-level to executive positions.

4. How long does it take to find a candidate using "Need Recruiting Help"?

The time it takes to find a candidate depends on various factors, such as the job market, the specific job requirements, and the complexity of the position. Our team works efficiently to find the best candidates for your company, but we also prioritize finding the right fit rather than rushing the process.

5. How much does "Need Recruiting Help" cost?

Our pricing varies depending on the specific recruiting solutions and services that you choose. We offer competitive and transparent pricing, and you can contact us for a quote based on your hiring needs. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee, so you can be confident that you are getting the most value out of our services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tada
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tada
  • dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • emiscookin