• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Business with Expert Booking Tips - Join Now!

In summary, the author is a new consultant who has just restarted their business after a 5-year hiatus. They recommend doing shows and having an open house to get bookings. They also suggest having a Mommy and Me Cooking Class at home.
pchefjenn
Hi Everyone,

I am a new/returning consultant with P/C. I stopped selling 5 yrs. ago due to lack (or should I say NO bookings). I have just rejoined & the 2 people who were originally going to do shows for me backed out. I am now left with a new consultant kit & NO shows - AGAIN!

I LOVE Pampered Chef (I wouldn't have re-joined otherwise), but bookings are my downfall. Last time around I did everything I was supposed to do & even spent a lot of my own money to promote my business, only to go inactive.

Please Help!

PS - I stumbled upon this site & love it. It's great we all share something in common!

When You Do It, It Works!I've just started my 6th year with TPC! I am truly loving it too!

I average about 2 bookings per show. Definately talk about the Host Program a couple of times through out the show, include the Host too!

example: Susie, did you get a chance to take a look at the back inside page yet? You can select any product out the catalog you'd like for your 1/2; FREE; and % Products! Just look at these SPECIAL sets, just for our Hosts! etc...

And when your friends book from your show, and holds their show within 6 months from today, you will also get to take advantage of that month's Host Special, right along with your friend at her show!

Now here are the upcoming Specials, please take a look at which one you'd like to take advantage of! Be sure to let me or Susie know right away!

This really does work well for me! I hope you will be able to use some of it!

I'm going to Conference, Wave 1!
How about you?

Well first of all, your recruiter should've made sure you had 4 confirmed bookings before you signed. It's crucial you have those 4 shows at least to get a decent start, that's why we have to confirm it when we sign the consultant aggreement. If you had 4, and 2 backed out, you still would've had 2 shows to go from there ya know what I mean? I hate that they backed out on you, that wasn't fair. I am a firm believer in doing what you say your gonna do. Now, what you can do is have a big open house!! Invite everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Neighbors (even ones you don't know), family, children's teachers, friends. etc.!! Did you make your list? Some start with
100, but I know not everyone knows 100 people, but just start with 20. Call all 20 people and tell them you started your PC business and ask if they would like to have a shopping spree if they hosted a show for you!! Getting on the phone is a must for this business. I just started that recently and my bookings have really shot up, I am booked between now and June 5! I have to start booking for June and July! So get on the phone, in the meantime have that open house. If you don't want to have it at your house do you have a church fellowship hall or anything big like that, that can house alot of people. Pass out flyers, pin them up at grocery stores, library, laundry mats, etc.!! Don't get discouraged. This is the 2nd time I have done PC too, and believe me, I knew what NOT to do with my business because that is what I did the last time! The same can go for you!! Good luck!

Welcome back!

It took me a while to build a full calendar, but I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice here.

Welcome back!

I too struggled for almost 2 years, but stuck with it and am now feeling over whelmed with shows and fairs. Here is what I did:
Talked to everyone, did as many fairs as I could, and never give up. I too love PC and spent alot of money promoting my business. But now all that is paying off.

Remember slow and steady wins the race. A slow start doesn't mean no start. Think 1 show at a time and go from there.

I know I mentioned this on another thread, but I have set up a table outside my grocery store during May and did a HWC fundraiser. I got a booking that lead to a $1000 show and also $180 in sales. Not to mention the cash donations for the ACS. It's a good way to get outside your circle of friends and family. Good luck!

Ohh, have a Mommy and Me Cooking Class at your home. Leave it open to all ages and see what happens. I would charge $20 per buying guest and give them a $15 off their order. Then the remaining $5 per guest you can put towards your groceries!

Love that idea

look in the files section punch in 118 and you will find booking strategies!

veronica
i have always had great success at any fairs etc i have done with other past ds companies, but follow up is a must. i usually send a "thank you for your interest" email/postcard right away and then over the next cpl of weeks follow up with phone calls.
once u have a booking get your host working for you, offer her an extra $25 in hostess credits if she has a booking before you get there or $50 if she has 3 bookings by the show closing(which she can pick her free product at the 3rd show) if any cancel she will need to find another booking for you or no free product.
the 118 ways to find booking mentioned above is helpful, things i never would of thought of doing.
stay postive and good luck
heather

instead of the $50 I offer the host special for free with 3 bookings. It doesnt cost as much. My last hostess that worked hard to help me I gave the EAD (on supply order) for 2 bookings and the special for 3. It does help them work a bit harder to get bookings.

Do you offer the special when the last show is held, or do you give it to her at her show? If you do the second do you have alot of people flake out and not hold now since their friend got what she wanted?

Kelly

Ladies,

Thanks for all the great ideas! I don't have children, nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. Very small family so it's difficult for me to sell within the family. I work in a high-school & sent out a group email (only 1 response). Contacted all the local PTA/PTO groups some didn't respond & those that did said they have already booked their fundraiser company for this year. When I joined I originally had only 2 secure bookings who both backed out. My recruiter didn't seem to think that getting the other 2 bookings or additional bookings would be difficult, well sorry - she's SO wrong. I'm feeling sad thinking this is the 2nd time around for me & I still can't sell! HELP.

I've started to offer the incentive for 3 bookings. I started offering the host special free at the 3rd show. However, after thinking about it, I thought offering $50 in free product is actually better for me since I get the host discount and a commission. Also, I don't have to worry about when expensive items (like the steak knives or cookware) being the special. Definitely do an open house and a HWC fundraiser or HWC Teams or something, but if you are specifically worried about qualifying, etc, I suggest doing a $1000 show (there are files on here). I just did one with 7 people at it closed at $1400!! You have to be willing to follow up though. Good luck!

I don't have a ton to add, but I noticed you said you sent out a group e-mail. I'm finding that sending e-mails or regular mailings doesn't work that well, because it leaves the ball in their court to contact you, and they won't. So get on the phone and call people, talk to everyone you run into about how excited you are about your new business. When you ask them in person, you're more likely to get a yes out of them. Also, you work in a school, have you put catalogs and order forms in your teacher's lounge yet? If not, definitely do that, it might generate some interest if they can flip through the catalog during and they start seeing things they like. Good luck!

I have to agree
chefbritt said:
I don't have a ton to add, but I noticed you said you sent out a group e-mail. I'm finding that sending e-mails or regular mailings doesn't work that well, because it leaves the ball in their court to contact you, and they won't. So get on the phone and call people, talk to everyone you run into about how excited you are about your new business. When you ask them in person, you're more likely to get a yes out of them. Also, you work in a school, have you put catalogs and order forms in your teacher's lounge yet? If not, definitely do that, it might generate some interest if they can flip through the catalog during and they start seeing things they like. Good luck!

If you are sending out emails you need to make those follow up calls. The emails are kind of the preparation for the call.

You can also make a contest out of it. Send out an email and include "Call me and book a show before I call you, and get xxx (recipe ingredients or something along those lines." Then people know that you'll be calling, and some will call you even before you get on the phone.

I think time is more valuable than money here--spend time on the phone calling people for shows; offer them free postage or recipe ingredients, offer to mail invitations and/or pick up the groceries. Also, don't be afraid to say, "I really need a few shows to get my business off the ground; this would be a huge favor to me, and I would really appreciate it." You don't have to beg, but if you make it sound like they'll be helping you out in a huge way, they'll be more likely to do it.

It has taken me 2 1/2 years to get usesd to "cold-calling" people like this. It might get you out of your comfort zone, but it's really worth it!

Also, I worked in a high school before I became a SAHM, and I know that most people file through those emails like crazy. Approach a smaller number of people individually--the ones you know best and are most familiar/friendly with. Face-to-face is hard to turn down!

Brandie, what do you consider "cold calling"? is it to past hosts, customers etc?

OH BOY!! I know exactly how you feel!! I have done everything by the book but no such luck. 2 fundraisers and I hosted my own show but no one is picking even for the four letter word - FREE. I believe people are just saving for vacation time. Catalog orders are slim but enough to just get me by. Lots of work in getting shows booked and confirmed.

Welcome back to PC! I'm a newbie and am having issues getting cooking shows booked but I am getting catalogue shows. I think it's just a busy time of year for people and they just don't have time to open up their homes or maybe people don't like me....lol. I would follow all the advice you've been given from everyone here. Believe me, I listen to these ladies on this website and it's helped a great deal. I just booked my 4th catalogue show today and I credit the advice I've been following my PC friends here for helping me get that 4th show. Good luck!

i don"t give the $50 in free product until the 3rd show, all of the shows have to qualify as well. it is trial and error, but keep at it and you will find what works for u. what you do today will effect your business 6 weeks from now. try showing someone the catalogue, tell them it is kit enhancement month and you would appreciate their help in choosing things for your kit. this may help them find lots they want and when you can offer them the opportunity it get it free by having their friends and family over for a fun shopping night, they might decide to book a show.
try to stay positive and if your going to try calling people make sure you have a mirror by the phone, to make sure your smiling while talking it will be heard in your voice.
good luck!

1. What is the "Boost Your Pampered Chef Business with Expert Booking Tips - Join Now!" program?

The "Boost Your Pampered Chef Business with Expert Booking Tips - Join Now!" program is a training program designed to help Pampered Chef consultants learn proven techniques for booking more parties and expanding their business.

2. How will this program benefit my Pampered Chef business?

This program will benefit your Pampered Chef business by providing you with valuable tips and strategies for increasing your party bookings, which can lead to more sales and increased income.

3. What types of tips and techniques will be covered in this program?

This program will cover a variety of tips and techniques, including how to effectively reach out to potential hosts, how to overcome objections, and how to create a sense of urgency for booking parties.

4. Is this program only for new Pampered Chef consultants?

No, this program is designed for both new and experienced Pampered Chef consultants who want to improve their booking skills and grow their business.

5. How do I join the "Boost Your Pampered Chef Business with Expert Booking Tips - Join Now!" program?

To join this program, simply visit the Pampered Chef website and sign up for the training. You will have access to all of the materials and resources immediately, and can start implementing the booking tips right away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ksiera
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm