• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Bookings: Tips for First-Time Consultants

In summary, this woman is new to the business and is having a lot of concerns about starting up. She has asked her family and friends to host parties for her, but she is worried she won't be able to book enough shows. She also recommends working on a list of 100 potential customers and hosting your own show.
SandiLeigh
Hello, I am new to this and just started with Pampered Chef. I am signing up at the end of the month. I only have 1 confirmed booking and two possibles for next month with no set dates. These are from family and friends.

What are other ways to drum up business without going through family and friends?

I have really been aprehensive about starting this business up and have wanted to for some time now. This is my bigest fear , not being able to book shows.

Any advice?

Why do you not want to go through family and friends??? They are a great place to start. I asked each of my friends to host a show and I gave them a small gift if they had 12 people in attendance that I didn't know.

Also, have you worked on your list of 100???

Actaully I have asked all my family and friends. That is what those 3 bookings were from. I have a small family and not a lot of friends.

That is my worry. I don't have any where close to knowing 100 people to make a list that long.

Am I wrong in pursuing this. Do I just not know enought people to start it?

You are definately NOT wrong in pursuing this. You will get bookings. Do you have a local nail salon or hair salon that you can leave a catalog in?? Also you may want to go to your local nursery school or dance studio and hang a flyer. I try to put them in places where I know young moms will be. There are so many ways you can get new business. Just talk to people out on the street and let them know what you do. There are a ton of files listed on this site for you to use. You just have to search for them.

Please don't question yourself. You definately picked a great business to become a part of. I only had four family members and friends host parties for me in the beginning and I've been going on that for a year. You will find ways to make your business grow. Utilize this site to the fullest and you will make it work.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep my posted on how you make out. You're going to do GREAT!!!

Not sure how expensive newspaper ads are there, but the Merrill Ad Generator ads are very nice. It only costs $2.99 for 30 days to be able to generate ads. Even if the newspaper ads are too expensive, you can print them out & they make great flyers!

SandiLeigh said:
Actaully I have asked all my family and friends. That is what those 3 bookings were from. I have a small family and not a lot of friends.

That is my worry. I don't have any where close to knowing 100 people to make a list that long.

Am I wrong in pursuing this. Do I just not know enought people to start it?

Im signing up the end of the month as well. I work full time and Im having a mystery host party the middle of September with just co workers. My sister is doing a catalog show for me at work. She is a kindergarten teacher. Do you have school age children where you can send a book in and to a catalog show with the teachers? Or summer camp? Im on the verge of one of my sister's co workers having a party. Her and her sister are looking for a new pampered chef consultant for their big combined once a year party. Im not real pushy or outgoing with people though. Im on the road for work and Im hoping to put the S/S 07 catalogs on them with the "3 uses for this catalog" labels on them whereever I go. Hubby's co workers?

Visit the "Pamper an Office" thread. Great way to get your name out!!

(Can't figure out how to post a link to another thread:yuck: just click on search and type in thread name. It should take you there)

Host your own show!! thats what i did. And being that its your family, they will support you 100%!! Since they are having 3 shows, you do one. Get outside orders and it will def. be a show! Dont worry. Because i did, and all it did was stress me out. Just go with it. I almost gave up on trying to get my first 4 shows, because people were letting me down, but they in the last 2 weeks of the month, i did 3 shows. So the Lord works it out. You will do great for this!!
Good Luck!!

You Are Definately In The Right BizWelcome, first of all. I was in a similar situation when I started, not many in my family wanted to host a show.......and my friends are on again, off again-still having a hard time with them committing to a date AND KEEPING IT.

I just finished my 90 days and I actually qualified with catalog shows.....so YOU CAN DO THIS. I agree with the pampering a business, you can also search for flyers in the file area here-really great ones to post up everywhere.

One suggestion, if you get out or have another job during the day, when you can-order the catalog tote- its only $15 AND WELL WORTH IT!!! It is a great way to "self promote" I finally ordered mine and its coming today:D
My other challenge was that I am a stay at home mom(18 mnth old) AND I dont have a car. So it forces me to get out and talk to people, I do find it challenging to "3-2-1" sometimes but I've implemented alot of the suggestions from other consultants on this site.
It will happen, you just have to believe in yourself and your new business!
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!!!
GOOD LUCK

cookemomstir said:
Welcome, first of all. I was in a similar situation when I started, not many in my family wanted to host a show.......and my friends are on again, off again-still having a hard time with them committing to a date AND KEEPING IT.

I just finished my 90 days and I actually qualified with catalog shows.....so YOU CAN DO THIS. I agree with the pampering a business, you can also search for flyers in the file area here-really great ones to post up everywhere.

One suggestion, if you get out or have another job during the day, when you can-order the catalog tote- its only $15 AND WELL WORTH IT!!! It is a great way to "self promote" I finally ordered mine and its coming today:D
My other challenge was that I am a stay at home mom(18 mnth old) AND I dont have a car. So it forces me to get out and talk to people, I do find it challenging to "3-2-1" sometimes but I've implemented alot of the suggestions from other consultants on this site.
It will happen, you just have to believe in yourself and your new business!
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!!!
GOOD LUCK

how did you get your catalog shows? Im so shy about doing this b/c I guess Im always that way until I feel confident I know what Im doing and talking about!

I'm not sure where you are, but you could see if in your area there is a farmer's market or some type of festival (art, cultural, historical, etc) Usually you can set up a booth there and it is either free or low cost. There are some that are a bit more expensive, but as you are first starting out you want to keep your costs down as much as possible. Also ask your director for tips (if director isn't in your area ask your hospitality director, if you don't have a hospitality director then ask your director to help you get one) One thing my director does is she buys into the big events such as bridal showers and fairs, the stuff that takes about $1000 or more to get into. Then she divides the time up into 2 hour blocks and then sells them to the consultant. That's a good way to get leads, but a bit more expensive as it can cost anywhere from $30-$75 for a block of time.

Another suggestion, keep business cards and catalogs with you at all times and wherever you are ask the people if they have a PC consultant. Sometimes they will, others might be looking for a PC consultant, and others might not be interested at all.

Realize that you will have good months and bad months. Promise yourself that you will try your business for at least a year and that you will put a wholehearted effort into it. You can sometimes have a not so great starter period. Remember these are your training wheel months. This is where you are learning to ride your Pampered Chef bicycle. When you first learned to ride a bicycle you didn't just off and go, you had training wheels, after the training wheels came off you had falls, bumps, and bruises. Starting your business will be the same way. Just remember to keep at it and soon it will be as natural as breathing and you'll be raking in the dough.

feather18 said:
Host your own show!! thats what i did. And being that its your family, they will support you 100%!! Since they are having 3 shows, you do one. Get outside orders and it will def. be a show! Dont worry. Because i did, and all it did was stress me out. Just go with it. I almost gave up on trying to get my first 4 shows, because people were letting me down, but they in the last 2 weeks of the month, i did 3 shows. So the Lord works it out. You will do great for this!!
Good Luck!!

How does it work when a consultant hosts their own show? Do they have to give the hostess benefits away? I know this may seem like a stupid question :blushing:, but I've never had a show of my own since I've been a consultant.

Dawn4 said:
How does it work when a consultant hosts their own show? Do they have to give the hostess benefits away? I know this may seem like a stupid question :blushing:, but I've never had a show of my own since I've been a consultant.

You get all the benefits except the past host booking benefit when you host your own show. So you get the FPV, host specials, and 50% off items as well as the host discount% on that show only.

Thank you!!

I moved out to CO 2 years ago from WI. Needless to say - I don't have any family - besides my sister - out here. I qualified with my first 4 shows in my first 30 days. I asked everyone. The receiptionists at the chiropractor's office, hairstylist, dog trainer, I also approached the local dog rescue about doing a fundraiser - which are usually BIG! I also got the "Move - it, You won't lose it" Audio CD from PC supply order and it was GREAT it has all kinds of ideas! :) Hope this helps!

tlennhoff said:
You get all the benefits except the past host booking benefit when you host your own show. So you get the FPV, host specials, and 50% off items as well as the host discount% on that show only.
The only other thing that's different with hosting your own show is that anything you buy with the host discount is not commissionable (you CAN use the discount - it's just not commissionable).

Thanks for clarifying Beth, I knew I was forgetting something.

1. How can I increase my bookings as a first-time Pampered Chef consultant?

As a first-time consultant, it can be intimidating to try and book parties and events. However, there are a few tips you can follow to boost your bookings. First, start by reaching out to your friends and family and asking them to host a party for you. You can also offer incentives for them to book, such as discounted products or free gifts. Another tip is to attend local events and set up a booth to showcase your products and services. Finally, make sure to utilize social media and online platforms to promote your business and reach a wider audience.

2. How important is it to have a strong network in order to book parties?

Having a strong network is crucial for booking parties as a Pampered Chef consultant. Your network includes friends, family, and acquaintances who can help spread the word about your business and potentially book parties for you. It's important to maintain and expand your network by attending events, joining networking groups, and connecting with people on social media. Having a strong network can greatly increase your chances of booking parties.

3. What are some creative ways to book parties as a first-time consultant?

There are many creative ways to book parties as a first-time Pampered Chef consultant. One idea is to partner with other local businesses, such as salons or boutiques, and offer to host a party at their location. You can also offer themed parties, such as a girls' night in or a cooking class for kids. Another idea is to host a virtual party, where you can reach a wider audience and offer convenient online ordering options for guests.

4. How can I overcome objections or hesitations when trying to book parties?

It's common for potential hosts to have objections or hesitations when it comes to booking a party. One way to overcome this is by offering incentives, such as free products or discounts, to entice them. You can also address their concerns by highlighting the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and having a fun and interactive event for their friends. Lastly, be persistent and follow up with potential hosts to show your dedication and enthusiasm for their event.

5. How can I use social media to boost my Pampered Chef bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool for increasing your bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant. First, make sure to have a strong social media presence by creating a business page on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Utilize these platforms to showcase your products, host virtual parties, and share special offers or promotions. You can also join online communities and groups related to cooking or home products to connect with potential hosts and customers. Lastly, be consistent with your posts and engage with your followers to build a loyal customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • monicaD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies