• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Business with Effective Language

In summary, Jennifer was trying to figure out how to make a contact with a customer at a service and ran into some difficulties. She suggests complimenting the customer on their appearance, tying in to PC, and asking if they are familiar with Pampered Chef.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
One of my challenges is to make a contact at a "service" (gas station, hairdresser, bank, etc) everyday. I have been going in with a mini-catalogue and recipe card and telling them that I want to spread the word that I'm doing Pampered Chef.

My problem is that I'm not really liking my language. What would you say? How would you approach them?

Good question. I want to start doing that but don't where to begin.

PChefPEI said:
One of my challenges is to make a contact at a "service" (gas station, hairdresser, bank, etc) everyday. I have been going in with a mini-catalogue and recipe card and telling them that I want to spread the word that I'm doing Pampered Chef.

My problem is that I'm not really liking my language. What would you say? How would you approach them?

are you looking for recruiting or bookings?

with recruiting anyone who ever gives you good service etc i would say
"you would be great @ what i do!"
then stop and wait. most will ask
"really what do you do?'
if its someplace busy just say something short like the tag line or something esle you like, like "i help make time in the kitchen fun and easy. But i dont want to get you in trouble here can i get your number so i can follow up with you?.........whens a good time to call?...........great i look forward to chatting, heres somethin just for you" give them a small gift a recipe card with little bag of candy maybe. it doesnt have to be pc and make sure your info is there and follow up!

i'll have to think on the booking one been a long time and my brain isnt awake yet :D
and i haven't had my coffee yet either:eek:

testtesttest

During the "contact with confidence" session at conference, we learned not to run up and tell them that you are a PC consultant right away. Instead, you should bring up a conversation that would in turn get them intrigued to ask you what you do exactly...

like what?? Examples!! please!! =)

ooh cool thanks!!

Thanks, Jennifer! :D

I have to make contacts in person, because I hate the phone. It works well for me. First thing I do is think of a reason to say something to somebody. Then tie it in to PC. It works for me in getting orders and sometimes bookings. I try to recruit the ladies that demonstrate food and other products in Walmart and Sam's. I tell them that I do the same thing that they do except that I'm using the food to demonstrate the kitchen tools.

Chef Bobby said:
I have to make contacts in person, because I hate the phone. It works well for me. First thing I do is think of a reason to say something to somebody. Then tie it in to PC. It works for me in getting orders and sometimes bookings. I try to recruit the ladies that demonstrate food and other products in Walmart and Sam's. I tell them that I do the same thing that they do except that I'm using the food to demonstrate the kitchen tools.

Cool idea! :cool: Thanks!

I always try to have fundraiser flyers and catalogues with me in case a boy scout troop or other organization is in front of a store trying to raise money. I always buy the candy, so I have a reason to talk with them.

Go to your local veterinarian's offices and ask if they know of any non profit animal shelters that could use a fundraiser. Then bring up PC.
Visit any real estate office and ask if they give gifts to home buyers. Offer PC.
Ask anybody in any office that you do business with if they like brownies? Offer to bring them some.

How do you "start with a conversation" when you are talking to someone who is in a hurry to do their job? For example: if I go through the DT at McDonald's (I have a two year old so it's not always feasable to go inside...) I usually say something like: "Can I give you a small catalog? I sell Pampered Chef...are you familiar with our company?" There just isn't enough time in some situations to say more than that....

If anyone has something BETTER to say when you are rushed, please let me know your wording. I would love something!

I really like the idea of just asking "hey yall want some free food?" everyone likes that!!! Hehe i will have to try that. See my thing is, I work Full time, so i dont have time during the day to go visit businesses, how could i get to business after that?

Chef Bobby said:
I always try to have fundraiser flyers and catalogues with me in case a boy scout troop or other organization is in front of a store trying to raise money. I always buy the candy, so I have a reason to talk with them.

What a wicked idea! I LOVE it!!!!! :love:

Chef Bobby said:
Go to your local veterinarian's offices and ask if they know of any non profit animal shelters that could use a fundraiser. Then bring up PC.
Visit any real estate office and ask if they give gifts to home buyers. Offer PC.
Ask anybody in any office that you do business with if they like brownies? Offer to bring them some.

Wow, Bobby! You are full of awesome ideas! Thank you!!!!!

I actually did drop off catalogs at my vet's office and got $150 in orders for the show I hosted in August. Never thought about the shelter thing. We only have one on the Island, so that is definitely a place to add to my list of contacts!!!

KellyTheChef said:
How do you "start with a conversation" when you are talking to someone who is in a hurry to do their job? For example: if I go through the DT at McDonald's (I have a two year old so it's not always feasable to go inside...) I usually say something like: "Can I give you a small catalog? I sell Pampered Chef...are you familiar with our company?" There just isn't enough time in some situations to say more than that....

If anyone has something BETTER to say when you are rushed, please let me know your wording. I would love something!

I love that idea, Kelly...thanks! I'm just wondering if you follow up with every place you take a catalog to? Sounds like the McD DT would be just a hand out....right?

feather18 said:
I really like the idea of just asking "hey yall want some free food?" everyone likes that!!! Hehe i will have to try that. See my thing is, I work Full time, so i dont have time during the day to go visit businesses, how could i get to business after that?

Think of any business you might go into before work, during lunch and after work.....gas station, restaurant, coffee shop, grocery store.

PChefPEI said:
I love that idea, Kelly...thanks! I'm just wondering if you follow up with every place you take a catalog to? Sounds like the McD DT would be just a hand out....right?
Yes...those I just give them the mini catalog and a postcard insert that I had made from VistaPrint. It says "this is a small catalog of our newest products...Contact me with an order, receive 10% off! Schedule a fun night out with your family and friends and I will bring the recipe for FREE! Refer me to someone who contacts me and receive a FREE GIFT!" Then I list my number and website.

Kelly,I'm working on recruiting my drive through lady at McD. I personally need to build a rapport with someone first before mentioning PC. How are your feet doing today? I asked her because she is pregnant. She told me the next time she was excited because she got a new washer. The next time I ask her how her washer was working. Yes, I go to McD every day."You are always so friendly and full of energy. You'd be great at what I do."... What do you do? I'm a consultant with the Pampered Chef. I show people how to make delicious meals for their family. Here's our newest product catalog. My name and number are on the back. I'll check back with you to see if you have any questions."2-3 days later "Would you like to find out more about the Pampered Chef business opportunity? Hand her a business card in a golden bag with a draw-string (dollar tree) and have her call you when she gets off work to set up a time to visit. (I do coffee my treat at Star....)I'm only on the "I'll check back with you..." with this potential recruit. I'll let you know how it works with her.

1. What is "I Need Language!!!"?

"I Need Language!!!" is a language learning program designed to help individuals improve their language skills in a fun and interactive way.

2. What languages are available in "I Need Language!!!"?

Currently, "I Need Language!!!" offers courses in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Mandarin Chinese. We are constantly adding new languages based on customer demand and feedback.

3. How does "I Need Language!!!" work?

"I Need Language!!!" uses a combination of audio lessons, interactive games, and quizzes to help users learn and practice their chosen language. The program also utilizes real-life scenarios and conversations to make the learning experience more practical and engaging.

4. Is "I Need Language!!!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "I Need Language!!!" is suitable for learners of all ages. We have designed the program to be user-friendly and adaptable to different learning styles and levels.

5. Can I track my progress in "I Need Language!!!"?

Yes, "I Need Language!!!" allows users to track their progress and see their improvement over time. The program also offers personalized recommendations and activities based on individual strengths and weaknesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
accooks13
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg