• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your January Bookings with Our Exciting Christmas Host Special!

In summary, everyone is getting different things. Some people are getting books, some people are getting jewelry, some people are getting bikes, and some people are getting frozen food.
DebPC
Staff member
January Host Special!!!There's going to be some very excited consultants! What do you think of the bonus and how do you plan to further inspire your team to book January shows using this special?

I'm going to focus on the positive, not the "under $500 shows don't get a host bonus". Well, someone said it right on CS. The host bonus is a BONUS! Plus, our National average for shows is $470, so it shouldn't be too hard. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited about the past host special and the guest special! Of course, I'll also market that the host can get pretty much unlimited half-price (almost) stoneware when they get to 30% off which will also help to get the show above $500. Host coaching is what I will train on. 5-15-5 is a great way to get your hosts to get there and stickingtobusiness.com has a sale on those stickers right now. I think I will stock up and give them to the people that register their January shows with me.

I agree. We have a great host benefits plan anyways- even without the January Host Special. And I think if a host does their job and works hard- they can at a minimum a $500 show. I've always been against rewarding mediocrity and i think this is a great opportunity to have our consultants focus on good host coaching.
Isn't i amazing how some consultants always focus on the negative?

This is a very exciting incentive! There are hosts out there that don't listen to host coaching but with this extra incentive they will get excited! If we coach to $1000 show and they listen and do everyone should at least get to $500!

I plan to do a training on coaching to the $1000 show in December (November training is already full) and would love help in developing that segment. What do you all do to coach to the $1000??

EDIT: I do have several consultants who only do 1 or 2 catalog or small cooking shows each month and have never had a $500 show. They are upset about the fact that under $500 there's no host bonus. I am telling them that the host DOES get a bonus. She can buy all the stoneware she wants starting at 20% off and if she uses it with her half price benefit she will get up to 4 pieces of stoneware at about 70% off! (not to mention that even without the bonuses our host benefits are AWESOME!)

What is everyone getting everyone?

For my 2 yo nephew we are getting Sesame Street Giggles and Go garage. I keep seeing this commercial and it looks awesome. Which means i should buy it right away.

Not sure yet what we are getting my 1yo niece....she has everything!! I'm thinking build a bear or the new Disney princess dolls.

My nieces that are 12 and 11 are getting jewelry..

nephew 13- wants wooden model to build and paint

I have only made the list of WHO so far. I don't know WHAT yet. I am always looking for help. I have a 1 year old (will be 15 months by then) boy, an 8 year old girl, two 10 year old boys (nearly 11), a 13 year old boy, a 35 year old man (my dh- an accountant and minister), a 55 year old woman (my mom) and a 58 year old man (my dad). Thats my whole list. Suggestions?

My son needs a new bike. He grew to tall for the one he has.

I have 10 kids to buy for--uugghh!!!

all my nieces and nephews are getting books from us
Son (5) fisher price digital camera so he can stop trying to steal mine havent decided what else
DD (3) digital camera, Cinderella with horse
DD (1) No clue as of yet
Mom either a spa day or GC for merrymaids
Dad unsure yet
MIL& FIL unsure
SIL Unsure
Sister unsure
we draw names in our family so we dont go broke on Christmas presents

I just got my parents tickets to go see Chicago the Musical (for February) I will also get them the dvd so they can follow the play better.
Usually this is what my brothers and I do for them , some sort of show or concert tickets they always love it.

For my mom and step dad we are getting a family portrait taken when my two brothers are home for Thanksgiving/gun hunting.

My husband and I are redecorating our bedroom. Finally- we moved 4 years ago and I've been waiting....

Everyone is getting my love this year. We are broke.

Actually, some of my family will be getting PC stuff. My kids~not sure yet. Only 1-2 things most likely. My nieces and nephew will probably get a $10 gift card to somewhere.

DH may not get anything but a lump of coal. ( J/K )

I just saw my moms wooden spoons tonight. They are all split and black and gross. They are probably older than me. She is getting the new bamboo sets for part of her gift!!!

My husband and I are getting out cabinets refaced and a new counter top and sink! That is where the presents stop. EXPENSIVE!!!:cry:

My Mom said not to buy her anything... and I asked if I could make something, She said yes, but not anything expensive.... so I finally figured it out... She lives by herself and usually eats frozen meals most nights.

So I am getting her a small oval baker that fits in the toaster oven and going to freeze some of the meals that I make in the next 6 weeks, freeze them to fit in the baking dish so that she can take them out and cook, or reheat them in the toaster oven.

I think it will be nice to have something made from scratch and not be limited by the frozen food aisle. I hope she likes it.

Well...for my mom I am getting her the SS 8in Saute...and a bottle holder from Longenberger...Gretchen...lol...I hope she looks and thinks that I was stupid enough to tell everyone...My one brother is getting a cookbook...and I am getting my BFF the trifle bowl...a tupperware bowl...and a bottle holder from Longenberger...I have a big family so I am not going to go over everything but that is a big part of the basics...I have some people that I still have no clue what I want to get them...

chefheidi2003 said:
Well...for my mom I am getting her the SS 8in Saute...and a bottle holder from Longenberger...Gretchen...lol...I hope she looks and thinks that I was stupid enough to tell everyone...My one brother is getting a cookbook...and I am getting my BFF the trifle bowl...a tupperware bowl...and a bottle holder from Longenberger...I have a big family so I am not going to go over everything but that is a big part of the basics...I have some people that I still have no clue what I want to get them...

you can just get me cash Heidi. That'll work. :D

Luke - TV, Thomas bicycle, and no telling what else I will buy from now until Christmas

Russell- clothes and motorcycle accessories

Mom- Icem Cream freezer from BB&Y tht does not need ice

Dad- magazine subscription I always get him and probably clothes to go with
it

MIL-PC stainless mixing bowl (i earned for FREE)HA!

FIL- never know what to get him

Nephews -money

Friends- I got some great thermal tote bags on sale for $5 that was regular $15 for most of them and some other tote bags for the rest of them

chefheidi2003 said:

That is Funny!!!!

My almost 4 yr old dd I am getting V Tech Nitro Notebook, found at Wal mart for about $40, some Tinkertoys, some art stuff, a few books, maybe a movie or two and that's it. Her b day is Jan 13 so if there's anything else I'll get it then.

11 yr old Stepson, NO IDEA...anyone has any idea, please advise...probably some gift certificates or something..he's tough.

Mom and Dad- mom showd dogs for a living and I'll get them some outdoor things for when they go in the bad weather, I saw a heated window scraper for the car and a heated car tool that unlocks frozen locks..maybe a couple other little things..gas cards would be good I'm sure...

DH- don't know!!!!

2 Sisters in Law- live out of state, I am getting them a few items from Tastefully Simple and some Malley's Chocolates that are only found in this neck of the woods, they are great chocolates and they miss it being from Ohio...

MIL- maybe the same thing as my parents..who couldn't use that kind of stuff in bad weather?

I don't have a clue. My daughter is 7 and son is 5. They want all this hi-tech stuff that I don't think they are ready for. Guess I don't have too much time left to think about it huh?

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the idea that the January Host Bonus is OK. Yes, we have a terrific host incentive system...BUT we have had a Host bonus option available to all hosts with a qualifying show since the host bonus program started. This is just kind of a random "gosh, we aren't doing it this month" concept that I think is flat out wrong.

Another MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR reason I don't like this? MOST CONSULTANTS DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THE HOST BONUS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PAST HOST!!!!! I just got off the phone with yet another consutalnt, a hospitality, who didn't know this. She is pretty active and was shocked when I explained it to her.

I have noted this "issue" in my most recent team newsletter but a lot to folks just skim it and they aren't aware. It is simply EASY to assume that if the past host gets someohting then the current host MUST. Confusion is not even a remote possibility, it is a given.

I for one thought the same way at first and I KNOW the read the fine print.

I believe that this has the potential to be a HUGE PROBLEM for PC in January. Consultnats who close shows telling hosts they get a piece at 60% off will them be confused when the computer doesn't recognize it. Then, what to do? Eat the difference or call PC? Then everyone is confused, mad, frustrated, or more. I think this really could cause new consultants to get mad and quit.

I am trying to remind each of my team members individually but hey, my go-getters have already booked shows in January and if they didn't "get it" then they have to figure out what to do.

So...I'm going to write PC (again) and note my concerns (again).

For the record, if PC doesn't add in the hosts (to get a selection of a piece of stoneware at 60% off) then I personally am going to bite it and offer it anyhow. I have created a mini flyer indicating this so it is clearly specifed as a "good only with Beth A. incentive". With the sale price and the host discount, it shouldn't be a huge loss for me per show unless they all pick the deep cranberry covered baker.

For the life of me, I just do not get this incentive. A HUGE number of my shows are in the $300 - $500.00 range and this just seems punitive, based on the NORM for the past TWO FLIPPIN YEARS.

Sorry if this is in the witchy side...I've had a horrid day, just got yelled at by my hubby, cell phone keeps shutting off, co-worker at day job is mad at me for a really silly reason and for heaven's sake CAN'T ANYONE HAVE THE ITEM I WANT TO BUY AT THE STORE IN STOCK!!!!!

Sigh.

1. What is the "Boost Your January Bookings" promotion all about?

The "Boost Your January Bookings" promotion is a special offer for hosts who book a party in January. It includes a variety of Christmas-themed products at a discounted price, as well as bonus rewards for the host.

2. How can I take advantage of this promotion?

To take advantage of this promotion, all you have to do is book a party for January and meet the minimum sales requirement. The host special will automatically be applied to your party and you will receive the discounted products and bonus rewards.

3. Can I still earn host rewards on top of the "Boost Your January Bookings" offer?

Yes, as a host, you will still receive all of the regular host rewards on top of the "Boost Your January Bookings" offer. This means you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials.

4. What products are included in the "Boost Your January Bookings" offer?

The specific products included in the offer may vary, but they will all have a Christmas theme. Some examples of products that may be included are holiday baking tools, festive serving dishes, and seasonal cookbooks.

5. Is there a limit to how many "Boost Your January Bookings" parties I can host?

No, there is no limit to how many parties you can host and take advantage of the "Boost Your January Bookings" offer. However, the offer is only available for parties booked in January, so make sure to schedule your parties accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat