• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black vs Silver Serving Trays: A Comparison and Personal Preference

In summary, Harriet's husband has Alzheimer's and is struggling to remember things like needing his cane. He left it at home this morning and Harriet had to calm him down.
redsoxgirl
Somehow I missed the black trays! I didn't go to a PC for a few years and it must have been then that they were out.

I like those a lot better than the silver personally, although I'm not a fan of the heart handle.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them on the Outlet I suppose.

The silver are nice, but they're a little fancy for us I think. We're simple folk! LOL

Ok, what am I missing here???? I can't even think of what you are referring to....silver SA trays????? We had the black triangles several years ago, but what silver trays are you referring to? Are you meaning the caddies for the bowls and the rectangle platter? If so, they are brushed silver and go with any decor and the top has a slit for a card, like to describe what you are serving.

You are talking about the stands. For a while, they were black wrought iron. Now they are brushed stainless steel, not silver.

c00p said:
Ok, what am I missing here???? I can't even think of what you are referring to....silver SA trays????? We had the black triangles several years ago, but what silver trays are you referring to? Are you meaning the caddies for the bowls and the rectangle platter? If so, they are brushed silver and go with any decor and the top has a slit for a card, like to describe what you are serving.
Took me a minute too - but I'm pretty sure she means the old black caddies vs. the brushed stainless ones we have now!

Thanks for clarifying this. I was trying to figure out what trays Lindsay was referring too.

the reference to the "heart handles" helped me figure it out!

Your mind is working quicker than mine today, Becky! LOL!!!!!

pamperedharriet said:
Your mind is working quicker than mine today, Becky! LOL!!!!!

Nah - You don't know how long I puzzled over that post!:D :D :D
At first, I was thinking the old black SA triangles......but couldn't remember any time when we had silver triangles.....only the gold rimmed dessert plates.....and then I wondered if she was getting mixed up with Home Interiors or Home & Garden Party, or SLAH.......just color me confused.....:confused: :balloon: :D :D

And Lindsay - don't mind us......just being silly!:balloon:

It's nice when we all get stumped once in awhile--makes up put our thinking caps on. I have so many challenging moments here everyday (home, that is) with my DH not calling things by their proper names (he has Alzheimer's) and trying to figure out what he is talking about and try to come here for a change of pace.

pamperedharriet said:
It's nice when we all get stumped once in awhile--makes up put our thinking caps on. I have so many challenging moments here everyday (home, that is) with my DH not calling things by their proper names (he has Alzheimer's) and trying to figure out what he is talking about and try to come here for a change of pace.

Harriet - I had no idea about DH! I know that is a huge challenge. My grandma had Alzheimers, and I used to go one weekend a month to stay with her to give grandpa a break.....it's a 24 hour a day job! Do you have a Support Group you can go attend? I know that really was a lifesaver for Grandpa.....

Lindsay,

I PMed you - I may be able to help you out.

Harriet, I am very sorry to hear about your husband. I can only imagine the challenges you and he face. You're in my prayers!

ChefBeckyD said:
Harriet - I had no idea about DH! I know that is a huge challenge. My grandma had Alzheimers, and I used to go one weekend a month to stay with her to give grandpa a break.....it's a 24 hour a day job! Do you have a Support Group you can go attend? I know that really was a lifesaver for Grandpa.....

I try to go to a support group that meets twice a month. Sometimes I come home more stressed out than before I went as many are worse off than my DH in the group. I am working on getting him into an adult day care twice a week locally--I applied for a grant a month ago and haven't heard back yet.
He was diagnosed 4 years ago this past August and the past few months he has really started to show changes and I had his medication changed which is helping in some areas.

Some days are more challenging than others. Fortunately he is with it most of the time but had a scare this morning. While I was still sleeping he took our dog out and while he was out realized that he took her out without her leash, fortunatley when he realized it she wasn't too far away from him and came to him, he picked her up and brought her back inside and then put the leash on and took her out to do her business. I gave him credit for telling me about it when I woke up and told him that I was sorry it happened but it was good that it ended up OK and that maybe he needs to slow down and think about what he is doing. I was surprised that I didn't yell or shout but I guess I am learning how to deal with it better. Needless to say I have kept an extra eye on things around here today.

Thanks Becky and Diane for your concerns and prayers.

Sorry to hijack this thread.:eek:

Oh man - sorry for the confussion guys!! Sometimes I think I have blonde roots ;)

PMd ya back Diane :)

I have all 3 stands in the iron if interested.

Related to Black vs Silver Serving Trays: A Comparison and Personal Preference

1. What is the difference between black and silver Sa Trays?

The main difference between the black and silver Sa Trays is the material used. The black Sa Tray is made of heavy-duty carbon steel, while the silver Sa Tray is made of stainless steel. This difference in material also affects the cooking time and heat distribution.

2. Can both black and silver Sa Trays be used in the oven?

Yes, both the black and silver Sa Trays are oven-safe. However, the black Sa Tray is safe to use at a maximum temperature of 450°F, while the silver Sa Tray can withstand temperatures up to 500°F.

3. Are the black and silver Sa Trays non-stick?

The black Sa Tray has a non-stick coating, making it easier to release food and clean. The silver Sa Tray does not have a non-stick coating, but it is designed with a polished surface that allows food to easily slide off.

4. Can the black and silver Sa Trays be used on the stovetop?

No, the black and silver Sa Trays are not recommended for use on the stovetop. They are designed for use in the oven only.

5. Do the black and silver Sa Trays come in different sizes?

Yes, both the black and silver Sa Trays come in two sizes: medium (15" x 10") and large (17" x 11"). You can choose the size that best fits your cooking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeaLorene
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
BeaLorene
  • chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
  • KellyTheChef