• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning: Avoid "Bill Me Later" Free Trials!

In summary, "Bill Me Later" Free Trial is a marketing strategy where customers are offered a free trial of a product or service without having to pay upfront. However, these trials may often be misleading and result in unexpected charges on credit cards. To avoid being charged, it is important to carefully read the terms and conditions, cancel the trial before it ends, and monitor credit card statements. If charged without authorization, customers should contact the company for a refund and report the charge to their credit card company. A safer alternative to "Bill Me Later" Free Trials is to purchase the product outright or research the company beforehand.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I forgot to re-up with TT and went to the website. I clicked on the "free trial" (thinking, 2 weeks, what the hey) but wasn't entirely surprised to see the Paypal Screen. I went to pay and accidentally clicked on "Bill me Later."

Just wanted to warn you that when you sign up for this it's a credit card with a 19 percent interest rate!

I canceled my account and of course, paid, but now some nameless, faceless entity has my checking account information. I don't feel entirely good about this ....

If it makes you feel any better, Bill Me later is just a division of PayPal (and therefore eBay) that offers online instant credit. They are a completely legitimate company (My hubby is a bill collector for them), so you don't have to feel concerned that your information is not secure.

Thanks, yes that does help. But frankly, I cannot see getting a 20 percent credit card on $6.25. Plus I'm kind of surprised they even gave it to me with credit like mine, not even requesting detailed info. Maybe if the balance wasn't so small ....

1. What is "Bill Me Later" Free Trial?

"Bill Me Later" Free Trial is a marketing strategy used by some companies to entice customers to try their products or services without having to pay for them upfront. Customers are usually required to provide their credit card information and are promised a free trial period before being charged for the full product or service.

2. Are "Bill Me Later" Free Trials legitimate?

While some "Bill Me Later" Free Trials may be legitimate, many of them are often misleading and can lead to unexpected charges on your credit card. It's important to carefully read the terms and conditions before signing up for any free trials to avoid being scammed.

3. How can I avoid being charged for a "Bill Me Later" Free Trial?

The best way to avoid being charged for a "Bill Me Later" Free Trial is to carefully read the terms and conditions before signing up. Make sure to cancel the trial before the designated period ends and keep a record of your cancellation. It's also wise to monitor your credit card statements for any unexpected charges.

4. What should I do if I've been charged for a "Bill Me Later" Free Trial?

If you've been charged for a "Bill Me Later" Free Trial that you did not authorize, contact the company immediately to dispute the charge and request a refund. If the company refuses to cooperate, you can also contact your credit card company and report the unauthorized charge.

5. Is there a safer alternative to "Bill Me Later" Free Trials?

Yes, instead of signing up for a "Bill Me Later" Free Trial, consider purchasing the product or service outright or look for a company that offers a free trial without requiring credit card information. You can also read reviews and do research on the company before making a purchase to ensure their legitimacy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • PamperedSD