• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware: Yaari.com Networking Site Scam - Protect Your Friends and Address Book!

In summary, the Yaari.com Networking Site Scam is a fraudulent scheme that tricks users into giving access to their friends and address book by sending fake invitations to join the site. To protect yourself and your friends, it is important to be cautious when receiving invitations and enable extra security measures like two-factor authentication. If you have already fallen victim to the scam, act quickly by changing your password and informing your friends. Similar scams have been reported using other networking sites, and you can report this scam to the FTC and IC3.
nikked
Gold Member
I just received an "invite" from a customer/friend to join a networking site...I never do anything like that without digging first. WHAT A SCAM!

They hijack your address book and send an invite to EVERYONE in it, whether you want them to or not. Hidden in their terms is a statement giving permission to do so, so once you sign up, that's it.

My friend is also in direct sales, and it went out to everyone in her email address book. She is now spending a lot of time doing damage control. So, if you get an "invite", just delete it!!! Your friend doesn't know it was sent.

If you "google" "yaari" you'll find a lot of complaints about it.

Thanks for letting us know.

Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the warning. I don't like going to network sites that I don't know either. I keep on getting an e-mail to join "tagged" and that my friend will be hurt if I don't join. I just hit delete. Needless to say my friend still talks to me. I don't know much about it but I don't need to be wasting my time on sites like that.

I had the same thing happen to me on Flixter. :(

Grouply is another one to beware of.

1. What is the "Beware: Yaari.com Networking Site Scam" and how does it work?

The Yaari.com Networking Site Scam is a fraudulent scheme that tricks users into unknowingly giving access to their friends and address book. The scam works by sending an email or message to the user, claiming to be from a friend who is inviting them to join Yaari.com. When the user clicks on the link to join, they are prompted to enter their email and password, which gives the scammers access to their contacts and address book.

2. How can I protect myself and my friends from falling victim to this scam?

The best way to protect yourself and your friends is to be cautious when receiving invitations to join new networking sites. If you receive an invitation from a friend, it is always a good idea to double-check with them before clicking on any links or providing any personal information. You can also enable two-factor authentication for your email and social media accounts to add an extra layer of security.

3. What should I do if I have already clicked on the link and entered my information?

If you have already fallen victim to this scam, it is important to act quickly. Immediately change your password for the affected account and enable two-factor authentication. Also, make sure to inform your friends that your account may have been compromised and advise them not to click on any links from your account.

4. Is Yaari.com the only networking site that is being used for this scam?

No, there have been reports of similar scams using other networking sites such as Tagged, MySpace, and LinkedIn. It is important to always be cautious and verify the legitimacy of any invitations or messages you receive, regardless of the platform.

5. Can I report this scam to any authorities?

Yes, you can report this scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/complaint. You can also report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at ic3.gov. These agencies work to investigate and take action against online scams and frauds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies