• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware: New Carjacking Scheme - Check Your Rear Window!

In summary, there is a new way for carjackers to target victims by placing a piece of paper on the rear window of a car. When the driver notices it and gets out of the car to remove it, the carjackers take the opportunity to steal the car and potentially the driver's belongings. This is a hoax, but it's still good advice to always be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to stay safe. It's also important to verify information before blindly forwarding it to others.
letscook04
Gold Member
I just received this from a friend.

BEWARE OF PAPER IN THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE

NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKINGS(NOT A JOKE)

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating...

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside.
You start the engine and shift into Reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking
space,you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.
So,
you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove
that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car jackers appear
out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.
They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and
your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED....

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive
away.

Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail.

I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to
women.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification
documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong
hands.

Please keep this going.

Thank you.
Lieutenant Tony Bartolome
Bureau of Investigations
Florida Highway Patrol
P.O. Box 593527 Orlando , FL 32859

Thanks for the heads-up!

It's pretty scary, how many times do you pull away from a parking lot and see a piece of paper on your windshield?

Ditto.

This is a hoax.

Please, people, check these things out before you post them and forward them blindly.

I was just about to post that this is a hoax. I have a cousin who is famous for forwarding a lot of stuff and then ends up sending us all another e-mail telling us she has been corrected and that it is a hoax.

Thanks Colleen for thinking that you were doing the right thing though.

Even if it is a hoax, it's good advice. You never know when some jerk is going to try something that they read on the internet. Always be aware of your surroundings.

pamperedlinda said:
Even if it is a hoax, it's good advice. You never know when some jerk is going to try something that they read on the internet. Always be aware of your surroundings.
That is exactly right! I thought I had seen it before and that it might be a hoax but I still thought it was good advice! We always need to be careful - especially women! There are too many preditors out there to be lulled into feelling safe because an email was exposed as a hoax.

Don't be neurotic but do be safe and careful!

Sometimes I get so mad when I see certain things on the news or program and say thanks for giving someone a new idea (NOT). I know they want to keep us informed but sometimes they get the wrong target audience and next thing you know a new crime is committed.

pamperedharriet said:
Sometimes I get so mad when I see certain things on the news or program and say thanks for giving someone a new idea (NOT). I know they want to keep us informed but sometimes they get the wrong target audience and next thing you know a new crime is committed.
EXACTLY!!!! There are some crazy people in this world! Sad, but crazy.

I love SNOPES! I always check there!

You never know with strange wacky people. Things seemed to happend around the Holidays. They watch you in the parking lot, walking alone to your car with shopping bags.

I'm in the Atlanta area and we've had a problem lately with people following ladies wearing nice jewelry (usually large diamonds) to their cars at shopping centers and then stealing their jewelry. Even when they have small children with them.....some people are just plain bad!

Its really sad what this world is becomign isnt' it??? and scary as well...

What is the new carjacking scheme?

The new carjacking scheme involves criminals placing a flyer or piece of paper on the rear window of a car, in an attempt to distract the driver and steal the car.

How does this scheme work?

The criminals will place a flyer or piece of paper on the rear window of a car, usually at a stoplight or in a parking lot. When the driver gets out of the car to remove the flyer, the criminals will use this opportunity to either steal the car or rob the driver.

What should I do if I see a flyer on my rear window?

If you see a flyer or piece of paper on your rear window, do not get out of the car to remove it. Instead, carefully drive to a safe location, such as a police station or busy parking lot, and then remove the flyer.

How can I protect myself from this scheme?

To protect yourself, always be aware of your surroundings and keep your doors locked while driving. If you see any suspicious activity or a flyer on your rear window, do not get out of the car. Instead, drive to a safe location and remove the flyer. You can also install a rearview camera or mirror to help monitor your rear window.

What should I do if I become a victim of this scheme?

If you become a victim of this scheme, do not resist the criminals. Call the police immediately and provide them with a description of the suspects and their vehicle. Also, make sure to cancel any credit cards or other important documents that may have been stolen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PampMomof3