• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware.... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!

In summary, the customer's ice cream scoop went under recall for causing injury. The food chopper may or may not be replaceable depending on the time frame it was purchased.
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
A few days ago I had a message from a customer. I will add that she has placed one order with me online is on my newsletter list... I thought it was quite "unique"A week ago I was doing some cleaning and had a few dirty dished is the sink when I decided to scald what I was cleaning....long story short, my ice cream scoop caught some of the running, scalding water and exploded, hitting me in the side AFTER it hit my chopper and took a piece out of it! I was wondering if there is any way the company would possibly replace the two items for me. I donned two bruises for a week, could not figure out what hit me until TWO rooms away, I found the plastic piece and the metal piece that blew out of the end of my ice cream scoop. Just thought I would ask you and see what you think....it could only happen to me ;)Thanks ~ DEBMy Response...
Good Morning Deb!
Oh my goodness! I have heard alot of stories before but I have to admit this is a new one! The food chopper could possibly be replaced if you have purchased it with in the past 5 years. Did you get that through me? If so I can track it for you. If not we have to attempt to do it through home office. The ice cream scoop sounds like it is the older version of the Ice cream scoop. That would not be not be guaranteed any longer. It only had a one year on it and the new one has been out for at least two years now. Let me know on the chopper and we can go from there. No, I don't think I got it from you, don't remember exactly when or who I got it from. I know, it's a freaky story, isn't it? I thought I had been shot, it sounded just like a gun and I was blinded by the white powder it left off. You should have seen me trying to find the culprit...took me forever to look two rooms away for the ammo...LOL!!! I had a T-shirt and a sweatshirt on and it left two bruises in my side. I was so thankful it didn't get my eyes, with that power, I'm sure it would have taken an eye out, that' for sure. It's something I will never forget! I really use my chopper on a regular basis and would really like to see if I could get it replaced, I will miss my ice cream scoop as well :( Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks ~ DebMy Response
Deb..
I am more than happy to order a new of both for you if you wish. The Ice Cream Scoop is a different one now but is actually much better than the old one and also does not have that little end you spoke of:> Your total would be $49.49. Let me know if you would like me to order this for you and I will get it going!Last message from customer...
Actually, I was hoping the company itself would replace these items.

Give her the # to the solution center.

That ice cream scoop went under recall for that very reason. http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2012...ce-Cream-Dippers-Due-to-Impact-Injury-Hazard/ Have her contact HO so they can find when it was purchased. She should have been notified by the consultant that it was under recall. They might still honor the recall & give her the current one. ;)And as for the food chopper, if they know that the collar was damaged by the exploding ice cream scoop, they'll probably do the adjustment on that too.

Ditto what Sheila said!

Just have her call HO. I would be surprised if they didn't do something for her.

Wow! So glad she wasn't seriously hurt!

I did not know there was a recall on the old ice cream scoop...

Had she purchased the scoop from you, you should have been notified by the company directly. Otherwise, whoever WAS her consultant on that purchase would have gotten the notification (or maybe she's no longer a consultant). So yes, it's very possible she didn't get notified.
Definitely call HO. I bet they would totally take care of it for her.

I had a past host ask me about this the other night when I bumped into him at a ice cream stand. I totally missed that recall, and will have to check with HO now.

My old style ice cream scoop did the same thing! It was in the sink, and I put a stainless steel strainer in the sink to drain pasta. As soon as the boiling water hit, it exploded! It hit me in the torso, left a mark, and it really hurt! I like the new scoop much better!

OMG! What if you had been leaning into the sink! Scarey! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're OK.

I have an old ice cream scoop that I am going to throw away tonight! I've had it for years and did not know about the recall either... luckily I also have one of the new ones.

It wasn't all of the old ice cream scoops, it was just a certain time period of production of some that were recalled. Check with HO if the one you have is of the bad batch.

I'll give up my old ice cream scoop when they pry it from my cold dead fingers. ;-) Actually, since I know this was an issue, we never leave the scoop in the sink. It gets rinsed immediately and put in the dish drain.

OMG I am jsut now seeing this I have several left as I bought $500 worth when they stop selling them LOL I sell them quite often but down to just about a dozen left hmmm wonder what I should do with them now?

What is "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!"?

"Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!" is a popular children's book written by author and illustrator Lisa Wheeler. It tells the story of a group of animals who must band together to defeat an old and cranky ice cream scoop who is terrorizing their town.

Who is the author of "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!"?

The author of "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!" is Lisa Wheeler. She is a children's book author and illustrator who has written over 35 books, including "Dino-Hockey" and "Even Monsters Need Haircuts."

Is "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!" suitable for all ages?

While "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!" is a children's book, it may contain some scary or intense moments that may not be suitable for very young children. It is recommended for ages 4-8, but parents are encouraged to use their own discretion based on their child's sensitivity.

What is the lesson or message of "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!"?

The lesson of "Beware... of the Old Ice Cream Scoop!" is the importance of working together and using your individual strengths to overcome challenges. It also teaches the value of kindness and forgiveness, as the animals must find a way to stop the ice cream scoop without harming it.

Are there any other books in the "Beware..." series?

Yes, there are two other books in the "Beware..." series written by Lisa Wheeler: "Beware... of the Frog" and "Beware... of the Haunted House." Each book follows a similar format of animals teaming up to defeat a common enemy, but with different themes and settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefRiGuy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
khergatt
  • ChefMann