• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Chocolate Fountains and Accessories for Your Wife | PC Options?

about 4 years ago. It is a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it! It takes about 12 pounds of chocolate to make it flow properly.
WonderMonkey
Any recommendations for a chocolate along the lines of this thing?
411TZ65ND0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm looking to get one for the wife and some accessories? PC doesn't make these things do they?

I got one at Walmart a few years ago. I think it was about $40.
I say only get one if you entertain a lot of people. It takes a whole bunch of chocolate to make it flow correctly. I had 12 guests at a party who indulged quite a bit and still had TONS of chocolate left! Otherwise, I say just get a pretty fondue bowl.

It is not advisable to use white chocolate, dye it pink and then feed it to 26 5 year old girls.

My SIL got one to use at her wedding reception. It was an outside garden reception held at another SIL's beautiful backyard. All the little kids kept going up to it and sticking their dirty fingers in it, licking their fingers, putting it back in, etc. YUCK! I don't know why their parents didn't notice! Anyway, it's really nice, fun, etc. But Jolene is right, it does take a lot of chocolate. For a huge event I think it's great, but smaller crowds, stick to a fondue pot or something.

babywings76 said:
My SIL got one to use at her wedding reception. It was an outside garden reception held at another SIL's beautiful backyard. All the little kids kept going up to it and sticking their dirty fingers in it, licking their fingers, putting it back in, etc. YUCK! I don't know why their parents didn't notice! Anyway, it's really nice, fun, etc. But Jolene is right, it does take a lot of chocolate. For a huge event I think it's great, but smaller crowds, stick to a fondue pot or something.

ewww! SO gross! And true! The last time I was at a party that had children and one of these the parents did attempt to keep the kids away by dipping the fruit for them and putting it on a plate. BUT, the kids would lick off the chocolate and sneak back over to the fountain. So gross!

Personally, I think that the drink fountain is a better investment. I think they are a bit more price wise, but I know that I would have used it way more than I have the chocolate fountain. Can never have enough drink! :p

I have that exact same fountain. I love it! It takes about 4-6 pounds of chocolate to make it flow and I use it at holidays. The family loves it. I put it out of reach of the kids so the parents have to help them. Yeah, there is chocolate left over - but you have so much fun, who cares! :~)

OT - glad to see you are still stopping by even though you decide you might not do PC - good for you !

These are fun, but are you really going to use it daily or weekly? Clean up is a pain and my friend got one and uses the melting choc for it from a store that you buy the disks for lollipops etc. Anyway - unless you are a huge choc eater, I would shop around and maybe get her something else - personally not my cup of tea.

I got mine from QVC. It works well, and keep in mind you have to clean it while the chocolate is still warm... otherwise it gets stuck in the uptake... anyway, it works well and resonably priced. I used mine once. (Ps... if you buy from qvc, use it and hate it, you can send it back within 30 days, no questions asked... thats a nice feature.)

PamperedDor said:
OT - glad to see you are still stopping by even though you decide you might not do PC - good for you !

These are fun, but are you really going to use it daily or weekly? Clean up is a pain and my friend got one and uses the melting choc for it from a store that you buy the disks for lollipops etc. Anyway - unless you are a huge choc eater, I would shop around and maybe get her something else - personally not my cup of tea.

We will use it only during holidays and other gatherings. She has said a few times she wants one so... she will certainly get one!

I got one at Costco

WonderMonkey said:
Any recommendations for a chocolate along the lines of this thing?
411TZ65ND0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm looking to get one for the wife and some accessories? PC doesn't make these things do they?

Actually, I think that is the one I got at costco!

I bought mine at Foleys a couple of years ago
It is a Sephra 3 tiered fountain it does nacho cheese, salad dressing, chocolate and something else.
it was over $200 but we use it alot but the bags of chocolate run about $20 a bag
If you get her one do not pour extra down the drain even with hot water it will set up.

Related to Best Chocolate Fountains and Accessories for Your Wife | PC Options?

1. What is a chocolate fountain?

A chocolate fountain is a device used for serving melted chocolate in a continuous flow, resembling a cascading fountain. It is typically used for dipping various foods such as fruits, marshmallows, and cookies.

2. How do I find the right chocolate fountain for my needs?

To find the right chocolate fountain, consider the size and capacity, the type of chocolate it can melt, and any additional features such as a temperature control or a removable basin for easy cleaning. You can also read reviews and compare prices to make an informed decision.

3. Is it difficult to set up and operate a chocolate fountain?

Setting up and operating a chocolate fountain is relatively easy. Most models come with instructions and all the necessary parts. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and make sure the chocolate is at the right consistency before pouring it into the fountain.

4. Can I use any type of chocolate in a chocolate fountain?

Not all types of chocolate are suitable for use in a chocolate fountain. It is recommended to use special chocolate fountain chocolate or high-quality chocolate chips that are specifically designed for melting and flowing in a fountain. Avoid using chocolate bars or baking chocolate as they may not have the right consistency.

5. How do I clean and maintain my chocolate fountain?

Cleaning and maintaining a chocolate fountain is important for its longevity and optimal performance. Most models come with removable parts that can be easily washed with warm soapy water. It is also recommended to run hot water through the fountain after use to prevent any clogs. Regular maintenance, such as wiping down the motor and checking for any worn parts, can also help prolong the lifespan of the fountain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • General Chat
Replies