• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beer Bread Variations: Cheesy Salsa vs. Apple Nut - Which is Best?

I'd actually kind of prefer it a little sweet with the cheesy verision, should I use the beer instead of water???:confused:
heat123
Silver Member
Has anyone done the cheesy salsa or the apple nut version with the beer bread? If so, which do you prefer of all: reg, cheesy or apple version? I am doing a pot luck and wanted to bring a loaf! TIA for any feedback!

heat123 said:
Has anyone done the cheesy salsa or the apple nut version with the beer bread? If so, which do you prefer of all: reg, cheesy or apple version? I am doing a pot luck and wanted to bring a loaf! TIA for any feedback!
It depends.....I really like the cheesy version with Chili......but the apple version is really yummy too! Don't think you can go wrong with either one!

I haven't made the apple version, but the salsa one is really good. As Becky said, though, it depends what you're serving it with.

It's a smorghesbord (spelling) potluck so IDK which to bring???

Ditto! I love the cheesy salsa, but it all depends on what you are serving with it.Edit: OOPS! We must have been typing at the same time. Can't go wrong with the plain!

ChefBeckyD said:
It depends.....I really like the cheesy version with Chili......but the apple version is really yummy too! Don't think you can go wrong with either one!
Is the cheesy version at all sweet or no since you add salsa and the cheese??

heat123 said:
Is the cheesy version at all sweet or no since you add salsa and the cheese??
Sometimes, when I make the salsa version, I use club soda, or plain sparkling water. the beer does make it sweeter.

The apple version is really good using sparkling apple juice, too!

Oh - and use orange soda, and grate in some orange rind, and throw in some dried cranberries for a delicious Cranberry/Orange Bread variation.

ChefBeckyD said:
Sometimes, when I make the salsa version, I use club soda, or plain sparkling water. the beer does make it sweeter.

The apple version is really good using sparkling apple juice, too!

Oh - and use orange soda, and grate in some orange rind, and throw in some dried cranberries for a delicious Cranberry/Orange Bread variation.
Wow, Go Becky! I just noticed your siggy that you earned level 1 already! Contrats!:chef:

The salsa version actually calls for water instead of beer. It's pretty good. And if you use hotter salsa, you can really change it up.

chefann said:
The salsa version actually calls for water instead of beer. It's pretty good. And if you use hotter salsa, you can really change it up.
I'd actually kind of prefer it a little sweet with the cheesy verision, should I use the beer instead of water???:confused: Hmmm?

1. What are some popular variations for making beer bread?

Some popular variations for making beer bread include adding cheese, herbs, spices, fruits, and nuts to the dough. You can also experiment with using different types of beer, such as stout, wheat, or IPA.

2. Can I make beer bread without using beer?

Yes, you can substitute beer with other carbonated beverages like soda or sparkling water. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the bread may be slightly different.

3. How do I store beer bread?

Beer bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage, but make sure to slice it beforehand for easy thawing and serving.

4. Can I make beer bread in a bread machine?

Yes, you can make beer bread in a bread machine. Simply add all the ingredients according to your machine's instructions and select the appropriate setting. However, keep in mind that the texture may be slightly different compared to baking it in the oven.

5. How long does it take to bake beer bread?

On average, beer bread takes about 45-50 minutes to bake at 375°F. However, baking time may vary depending on the type of pan used and the oven's temperature. It's best to check the bread's doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center – if it comes out clean, the bread is ready.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies