• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Be Careful When U Cut/Paste Others Hyperlink

However, you cannot have a hyperlink to it in your email, as that would direct people to your website instead of the original author's website.
chefkeri
This is worth the read ~ Who Knew? :eek:

Hi everyone - this is a very interesting problem and I want to make sure you are aware of the potential down fall it might present for you and your web site and how your customers will find you and your site!

If you are copying (and it is certainly legal, expected, and more than fine to do) anything from someone and you are changing the information and the web site hyper link address to your own - PLEASE - be aware that when you change the last part after www.pamperedchef.biz/__________ to show your site - it does not change the connect - it just changes the way it reads and not where you will have your customers connect to - it still goes to the original person and not you - even though it will read your name and site.

I think the only way you can guarantee it will be linked to your website is to completely delete the entire www.pamperedchef.biz/__________and redo yours including right clicking on and typing in the your own email or web site link.

If this does not make since - email me and I will walk you thru it - I only found out it was a problem when I sent you an email - changed the web site name to mine and thought it was a done deal - after I sent it out for fun I clicked to see what my web page looked like and SHOCK . . . I was connected to hers! Not a great way to build my business! You may have already known this - and if so great! Technology is a wonderful thing but not always what appears to be!

Keri--I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm going to have to have my husband read your post to help me decipher the issue. I'm a little pc iliterate.

thanks Keri. I have never emailed anything, but do occasionally delete and add my web address to documents that I save to my computer and later print for show use. I am glad someone figured that out.

This only applies to things that you are e-mailing or other-wise shooting through hyper-space. It does not apply to flyers that you print out.

The issue is that when you create a "hot spot" for e-mail, web sites, etc. The hot spot has an actual coded URL (Uniform Resource Locator/World Wide Web address on the Internet), you can name that hotspot anything you want, changing it to your personal PC web name is fine, but the hot spot code did not change. The best way is not to simply type over that portion of the web address (URL), but to recreate the hotspot. Again, this only applies to on-line stuff not printed material.

Hope that didn't add to the confusion.

hmmmm????I didn't think we could link our website to anything. I thought we could only have it in our signature line and promote it on business materials related to PC.

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong here. Or maybe I just misunderstood the whole thing. (very likely today) :D

Jean you can have it in your email, like in your signature.

What is the importance of being careful when cutting and pasting others' hyperlinks?

The use of hyperlinks is crucial in redirecting website visitors to relevant content. When copying and pasting someone else's hyperlink, it is important to ensure that the link is correct and leads to the intended destination. Otherwise, it can cause confusion and frustration for both the website owner and visitors.

How can I make sure I am not infringing on copyright laws when using someone else's hyperlink?

It is essential to obtain permission from the owner of the website or content before using their hyperlink. This will ensure that you are not infringing on any copyright laws and avoid any potential legal issues. If you are unsure, it is best to reach out to the owner for clarification.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when cutting and pasting hyperlinks?

One common mistake is accidentally altering the hyperlink when copying and pasting. This can lead to broken or incorrect links, which can negatively impact the user experience. It is crucial to double-check the link before publishing it on your website or sharing it with others.

Are there any potential consequences for not being careful when using someone else's hyperlink?

If you use someone else's hyperlink without permission or make a mistake when copying and pasting, it can result in legal action and damage to your reputation. It is essential to be respectful of others' content and properly cite or attribute the source when using their hyperlink.

What are some best practices for using hyperlinks from other sources?

Always obtain permission and properly cite the source when using someone else's hyperlink. Double-check the link before publishing it to ensure it is correct. If you are unsure, it is best to reach out to the owner for clarification. Additionally, consider using hyperlink shorteners to make the link more visually appealing and track clicks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • ChefCKHall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies