• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bbq Pizza Pan on Party This Saturday

In summary, for a grill party this Sat, the conversation discussed making a chicken, bacon, and ranch pizza. The speaker recommended following a recipe and provided tips for preparing the dough and toppings. They also suggested using pre-made crust or making your own, with options for both gas and charcoal grills. The conversation also mentioned using a frozen pizza dough mix and rotating the pizza while cooking on indirect heat.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I know, procrastination!!!

I have a Grill party this Sat and we are doing a pizza.

I have NO idea what to do!!

Any suggestions & are there any tutorials on doing one?

Thanks for any help!!

Follow the recipe!

When you are ready to start your demo, turn the grill on high, shut the lid. Let it heat up for about 5-10 minutes.

Move on to your demo. Be sure to put cornmeal down on your pastry mat before you put the dough down. Spray your pizza pan generously with oil from the spritzer (I do this over the sink!). Trim extra crust off the pan but be sure to cover the entire pan, sides and all, with crust. Put your chicken in the classic batter bowl, pass it around with the salad choppers and have everyone chop the chicken. Add sauce, garlic, and oregano.

OMIT THE BBQ SAUCE ON THE CRUST STEP! IT ADDS TOO MUCH! The sauce you add to the chicken is plenty.

Spread the chicken mixture to edges of crust. Grate the cheese over the pizza, makes it easier.

Put the onions on top of the cheese (easier for those that don't like them to pick them off!).

Once your pizza is ready to cook, turn the center burners Off, and the outside burners on Low. Put the pizza over the burners in the center that are off.

Close the lid and let it cook, about 8 minutes. When you can smell it, it's almost done. Check and if the cheese is bubbly, it's ready. It is sooooo good.

Chicken, Bacon & Ranch pizza is AMAZING!!

Thanks for the great directions. One more question. I have heard that premade crust is optimum. In your experience, is a pizza dough that you roll out ok, or should I buy a premade bobili or some other kind? thanks!:chef:

Mitzyz said:
Thanks for the great directions. One more question. I have heard that premade crust is optimum. In your experience, is a pizza dough that you roll out ok, or should I buy a premade bobili or some other kind? thanks!:chef:

W havent done it in awhile, so I cant remember what we ud, but a gal in. Y cluster does it all the time. She said it really doesnt matter....just depends on the time you want to spend (she makes the dough at home and has it on her pan already). For a show, I would probably do a premade crust. But you can tell people that they CAN make their own, or most deli/bakery depts in grocery stores now have dough ready made that they just have to roll out (sometimes have to thaw).

For premade crusts, your cook time would be reduced a bit, mainly just melting the cheese and toppings altogether and warming up.

any suggestions for those that don't have gas grills? (like me)

About the pizza crust...I use Peppie's, frozen bread section at WalMart. It's pizza dough tthat you thaw (I put in stainless bowl coated with cornmeal & lid on a few hours before cooking). This dough is round so makes it easier to roll into a round crust.

Brenda....My last grill show was a charcoal grill, a weber. The host's hubby had the coals going when I got there. Since a weber is "round" the coals aren't right under the grate. As long as the coals are well seasoned and evenly heating, it's fine. This actually was the best of all the pizzas I've done. But it may have been "practice"!

I use pre-made crust as well, but not Boboli. If you have a Trader Joe's near you they sell it as does Fresh N Easy. Target sells Betty Crocker Pizza dough mix in a pouch in the baking aisle. I have used it and doubled it (it's cheap--like around $1). I mixed it up and refrigerated it for about 15 min. Then I used a little extra flour to roll it out, but corn meal works great too. I use a gas bbq and follow the directions for indirect grilling. I made sure I rotated the pizza about every 5 min.

I've used the "add water" crust mix and it makes the best pizza and super cheap! There are a few varieties out there that you can use. One packet works perfect!Just make sure that the pizza is on in-direct heat. For a gas grill you can either put the pizza in the middle and turn on the burners on the end or put the pizza off to one side and turn the other burners on. For a charcoal grill if your grill is big enough, push all the coals to one side and put the pizza on the other or if your grill is smaller (like mine) make a circle with the coals and push as far away from the center of the grill and put the pizza right in the middle. Watch closely so it doesn't burn as you get to the end of the cooking.One last tip, make sure to spray the pan so that it doesn't stick.

Thanks for all the suggestions. This is only for women of about 6, do you make anything else or just the pizza?

And does anyone have the recipe for the Margarita Pizza Recipe?

I would just do the one pizza and the host can serve other food. Remember you are just there to demo the recipe not cater the party. We made the Margarita Pizza at our meeting but I don't remember the recipe.

Sounds good to me.What do you put the pizza on to cut it, since it can't be cut on the pan?

I'm completely new here. @naekelsey - how did it go? Any tips? I'm thinking of doing it at my next show. We got to be hands-on at the monthly sales meeting and prepare one last night - so good and so much fun.

naekelsey said:
Sounds good to me.

What do you put the pizza on to cut it, since it can't be cut on the pan?

Why cant it be cut on the pan? I have been cutting mine in the pan. Is this bad?

Tracy99 said:
Why cant it be cut on the pan? I have been cutting mine in the pan. Is this bad?

No, this is not bad. I cut mine on the pan too. No problems, no marks, nothing.

we tried this pizza last night at our cluster meeting. Since none of us really care for the new bbq sauces, we made the sauce for the hawaiian luau pizza and used that instead. I was a HUGE skeptic to say the least and I was blown away! I burned my tongue too! Now, I guess I had better order a pizza pan and get to practicing. We used charcoal and pushed the coals to opposite sides of the grill. We also used Peppies crust from walmart and it was really easy to work with. We spritzed the pan with the rosemary infused canola oil too.Does anyone put anything under the pan to keep the work surface tidy? That's my only complaint is that wherever you set the pan down, there is a trace of a mess with it.

Brenda, I usually put the pan on a flexible cutting mat but when it's done, you can't so I just put it on a cooling rack. Still makes a mess:(

maybe we should suggest a pan to slide the cooked pizza onto?

I have used either the Mega Lifter or the BBQ Flexible Turner to remove the Pizza to the Large Grooved Cutting Board and then cut it with the Pizza Cutter. Works very well!

My party didn't happen. She had to make it a Catalog party and I am so glad since I had come down with the flu... When we have done the pizza at home we put it on the round stone. With the instructions saying to not cut the pizza on the bbq pizza pan, I was looking for something not so heavy to take to parties to cut it up on..

I've made the Chicken Bacon & Ranch Pizza twice....once at home on a charcoal grill and then once at my show the other night, again on a charcoal grill. Love this pizza.

The grill at my show was small, one that sits on a table so there wasn't much room to move the hot coals away. Also, couldn't cover it completely cause the pan handles were in the way. We kept checking it about every 5 minutes (prebaked crust) and ended up burning it a little bit. It was still good though! lol.

The one I did at home I used the packet of pizza dough you add water to. Apparently I let the grill go too long (it wasn't very hot) before I put the pizza on cause it didn't get brown. :( Again....it was still yummy!! :)

Can't wait to do another pizza grilling show!

PampChefDeb said:
I've made the Chicken Bacon & Ranch Pizza twice....once at home on a charcoal grill and then once at my show the other night, again on a charcoal grill. Love this pizza.

The grill at my show was small, one that sits on a table so there wasn't much room to move the hot coals away. Also, couldn't cover it completely cause the pan handles were in the way. We kept checking it about every 5 minutes (prebaked crust) and ended up burning it a little bit. It was still good though! lol.

The one I did at home I used the packet of pizza dough you add water to. Apparently I let the grill go too long (it wasn't very hot) before I put the pizza on cause it didn't get brown. :( Again....it was still yummy!! :)

Can't wait to do another pizza grilling show!

Oh and one more thing...

Both times, I slid the pizza off the pan onto the Round Stone and cut it with the Pizza Cutter.

1. What is the BBQ Pizza Pan made of?

The BBQ Pizza Pan is made of heavy-duty steel with a non-stick coating for easy release and clean-up.

2. Can the BBQ Pizza Pan be used on any type of grill?

Yes, the BBQ Pizza Pan is designed to be used on any type of grill, including gas, charcoal, and even wood-fired grills.

3. How many pizzas can fit on the BBQ Pizza Pan at once?

The BBQ Pizza Pan can fit up to 3 medium-sized pizzas at once, making it perfect for hosting a party or feeding a large group.

4. Does the BBQ Pizza Pan come with any recipes or cooking instructions?

Yes, the BBQ Pizza Pan comes with a recipe booklet and cooking instructions for making delicious pizzas on the grill.

5. Is the BBQ Pizza Pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the BBQ Pizza Pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• phyllisc121
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Patti