• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbecue Pork Salad - 10 Min Nuked in Baker

The dressing is Ranch mixed with some of the rub. Very yummy. I am making this for my family today. When I'm giving the host the options, I usually tell her that usually my demo's give everyone a taste. But if she wants to feed them (lunch/brunch is when most of my shows occur) I can make this or the chicken and she can have munchies and dessert ready. Many of my hosts see my show as an alternative to hosting their own making or ordering the food.
its_me_susan
Made this at a show and let me tell you, just the salad with the dressing is AMAZING!!!!! This is a wonderful recipe! I sold lots of BBQ spice/rub, and 4 bakers too!

A must try
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/10min_bbq_pt.pdf

from the website

I'm thinking of making this with the mini bbq sandwiches at my show next week. Hoping to sell bakers & get bookings!

The host at the show last night has fell in love with the bbq tenderloin. She has bragged so about that her stories alone sold 2 at the show. She is getting her sister one with her half-price or discount b/c she keeps borrowing her baker.

I want to do this at a show soon. Hopefully in July.

its_me_susan said:
Made this at a show and let me tell you, just the salad with the dressing is AMAZING!!!!! This is a wonderful recipe! I sold lots of BBQ spice/rub, and 4 bakers too!

A must try
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/10min_bbq_pt.pdf

from the website
Do you make one of the sauces to go with it?
and I've looked at the prices of the tenderloin...around $11-$12... So then what else do you make at the show in order to keep the grocery bill low and around $15?

I'd like to do it, and make the little sandwiches...with some bbq sauce...
And I'd like to make cakes(at home) in the Torte pans...use one for each show...that would leave me with another cake for another show...
and fill the torte with a simple pudding mix...seems cheap enough!

How big of a tenderloin are you looking at? The ones that are around a pound & a half I have found for around $8.

I have been wanting to do the tenderloin at shows here but people in this area are so anti-pork it's frustrating! We have a big Jewish population so they won't eat pork...argh!

pamperedgirl3 said:
How big of a tenderloin are you looking at? The ones that are around a pound & a half I have found for around $8.

Yes....they are the ones to use.

dannyzmom said:
I have been wanting to do the tenderloin at shows here but people in this area are so anti-pork it's frustrating! We have a big Jewish population so they won't eat pork...argh!

They now have Turkey tenderloins, which are around the same size & in the same area in the meat case. I am going to try 1 for the people that dont eat pork. I brought some cooked ones (the pork) to my cluster meeting the other, because I KNEW NO ONE has tried this yet. When I told them (after they ate it;) ) they could not believe it. Also I think ALOT of women shy away from pork, because way back when everyone cooked pork to DEATH!! Tricinosis (sp?) but when I took mine out it was at 180 dergrees....

The tenderloins here are around $6-8. When I did the sandwiches at home I made the BBQ sauce fro PC. It is really good.

I have not done this at a show but you could do cole slaw for little $. You could use the crinkle cutter to shred the slaw. Use one of the measuring gadgets for the mayo and the salt and pepper. I bet even one of our spices would taste good in it.

I use the little smalls Hawian rolls to serve them in.

I think this would be a neat show if I could get a taker for it:D

I was on a call the other night and Marie Snyder did this for a fajhita bar! with peppers/onions on the bottom, & microwaved. I cant wait to try it

ChefNic said:
Do you make one of the sauces to go with it?
and I've looked at the prices of the tenderloin...around $11-$12... So then what else do you make at the show in order to keep the grocery bill low and around $15?

I'd like to do it, and make the little sandwiches...with some bbq sauce...
And I'd like to make cakes(at home) in the Torte pans...use one for each show...that would leave me with another cake for another show...
and fill the torte with a simple pudding mix...seems cheap enough!

Yeah Nicole look again, ours are not at all expensive. I am considering truing this with a turkey tenderloin too. The dressing is Ranch mixed with some of the rub. Very yummy. I am making this for my family today. When I'm giving the host the options, I usually tell her that usually my demo's give everyone a taste. But if she wants to feed them (lunch/brunch is when most of my shows occur) I can make this or the chicken and she can have munchies and dessert ready. Many of my hosts see my show as an alternative to hosting their own making or ordering the food. The turkey chili recipe is also yummy and feeds ALOT! I usually make it to freeze or give away half. :)

dannyzmom said:

Carolyn, I'm Jewish and don't usually care for the texture of pork (unless it's a boneless Chinese sparerib or inside a wanton). I think you would be surprised by how many do eat pork, even though there are just as many (if not more who do keep Kosher). Why not make it and keep the pork separate (ask first if they keep a kosher house); the salad with the dressing is just as good.

I like your turkey tenderloin idea - so they make those? iwonder if it'd be dry though?

Most turkey tenderloins I have seen are already in a marinade.....but I think that moist-wise, it would be similar to a pork tenderloin. The ones I have seen are "Turkey Store" brand.
I would also think that it would be fine to just sub. a couple of boneless chicken breasts (Laying end to end) too - check them after 10 minutes and see if they are done.

I agree this is an awesome recipe! I'm going to try to get all of my summer hosts to use this recipe!

I purchased a large tenderloin at the store and just cut it into 2 lb. sections (I double the recipe). It was less then $6 per section. I froze two of the sections to save for later.

I made the BBQ sandwiches and they weren't as good as the salad - just my opinion.

I can't wait to try it!

I actually made my first pork tenderloin in the DCB today...for my family. WOW! IS it good! I know I have to make this at my next show!

I did the pork tenderloin for dinner this week. Mine was about 1.75 lbs. & took about 17-18 min.

It was awesome!!!

I told my host about it & offered to make the salad for my show tomorrow. She is very enthused. I've found recently that people are thinking they are coming for a meal. I have started explaining to hosts on my first call that
recipes are for a taste or sampling & not meant to be a meal.

I plan to cook the pork tenderloin & be finishing up the salad as the guests arrive & I'll ask the host to tell them how I cooked the pork. I have been doing interactive lime/cuke demos.

What is the cooking time for "Barbecue Pork Salad - 10 Min Nuked in Baker"?

The total cooking time for "Barbecue Pork Salad - 10 Min Nuked in Baker" is 10 minutes. This includes 5 minutes of prep time and 5 minutes of cooking time in the Baker.

What ingredients are needed for "Barbecue Pork Salad - 10 Min Nuked in Baker"?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are 1 pound of cooked and chopped pork, 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce, 1 head of lettuce, 1 cup of shredded cheese, 1 diced tomato, and 1/2 cup of diced red onion.

Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the pork for any other cooked and chopped meat such as chicken or beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need a special type of Baker for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of microwave-safe Baker for this recipe. Just make sure it is large enough to fit all of the ingredients and has a lid for steaming.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing the ingredients and storing them separately. When ready to serve, simply assemble the salad and nuke in the Baker for 5 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies