• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bank Account-Business or Personal?

All my commissions go into that account and all my expenses come from that account. I knew which ATM card to use.
amyry
Just wondering if you have a separate account for PC- do you get a business one or personal?

I have a seperate account for PC. It is just a personal one. It makes it easier for me to keep things straight. I also have a savings account that I withhold taxes from my commission check and put them in there until the end of the year at tax time.

I have a personal account. I told the lady at the bank what I was going to use it for and she said I could have a personal.

jrstephens said:
I have a seperate account for PC. It is just a personal one. It makes it easier for me to keep things straight. I also have a savings account that I withhold taxes from my commission check and put them in there until the end of the year at tax time.

If you don't mind my asking, do you withhold a certain percentage or how do you decide? I didn't set any money aside for this year since I've only been in PC since October, but I'd like to start putting some money away for that purpose.

Thanks,
Kearstin

kearstin said:
If you don't mind my asking, do you withhold a certain percentage or how do you decide? I didn't set any money aside for this year since I've only been in PC since October, but I'd like to start putting some money away for that purpose.

Thanks,
Kearstin

I do not mind at all. I withhold .062 for Soc Sec and .0145 for Medicare. Since we match that, I just double it after I figure it. If you go to www.irs.gov you can download the tax table. I treat my check as a "weekly: check. I also go to my state's revenue department website and get their tax table and do the same.

Some people just hold out 25%, but I do payroll at work, so, I do it like my regular payroll check.

I have a seperate personal acct. I used for my old Avon Biz. Good idea about putting taxes away, something I should probably do each paycheck!

I use my regular personal bank account for my PC stuff and don't save for taxes. I write a lot off so I haven't had to pay and if I did it wouldn't be on much!

I have a seperate personal account.

If we have a loss, we don't have to pay taxs right? We only have to pay taxs on the "profit"? Going this friday to the tax lady

I have a seperate personal account for my PC stuff... I did have it in one accoutn at first but it got way too much really quick. I would suggest also that you might want to sign up for online banking it makes things alot easier intesad of waiting for a stupid monthly bank statement.

I have a seperate personal account for my PC related stuff.

Mine is all separate! It would be too confusing if it wasn't.

I also have a seperate account for PC. I find it just too difficult to not do. I also do not hold out taxes out of my check.

jrstephens said:
I do not mind at all. I withhold .062 for Soc Sec and .0145 for Medicare. Since we match that, I just double it after I figure it. If you go to www.irs.gov you can download the tax table. I treat my check as a "weekly: check. I also go to my state's revenue department website and get their tax table and do the same.

Some people just hold out 25%, but I do payroll at work, so, I do it like my regular payroll check.

Thanks for the info, Jennifer. I will check the website so I can start the year off on the right foot!!

amyry said:
Just wondering if you have a separate account for PC- do you get a business one or personal?

I have a seperate personal account. It's easiest that way to keep all your PC stuff seperate, plus....Business accounts per se....usually have higher balance requirements and fess.

I just use my own checking account. That way I know if something happens like a check not comming through there is money in there to cover it. I have been doing it that way since August and haven't had one problem.

Seperate Business account I have. I opened an DBA called Inspirations by Jilleysue and used my Social Security number. That way I got a different ATM card in a differnent color to keep things organized. If I would have opened another personal account, I would have gotten all confused. Now all my commissions go into that account. All my expenses come that that account and I knew which ATM card to use.

Jilleysue said:
Seperate Business account I have. I opened an DBA called Inspirations by Jilleysue and used my Social Security number. That way I got a different ATM card in a differnent color to keep things organized. If I would have opened another personal account, I would have gotten all confused. Now all my commissions go into that account. All my expenses come that that account and I knew which ATM card to use.

Lemme guess - the card is PURPLE??
;)

I have a separate account for my Pampered Chef business. It is a personal checking account and is free from service charges. Our family account is with a credit union, but my Pampered Chef account is with another bank.

Lisa

I have a separate checking account for PC as well...that way all PC $ goes in, shows are paid for, commissions checks go in, expenses go out - and I know exactly what is what.

dannyzmom said:
Lemme guess - the card is PURPLE??
;)

OH YOU GOT JOKES :D !!! HAHAHAHAHA. Think you're funny huh. LMAO!!!
I am going to go to CHICAGO as the PURPLE PEOPLE (PC)EATER, bet you will all know who Jilleysue is then huh.

Ok..back to my manuals...Funny girls!!! :D

OH and A little off topic....but do you know..every show this week that I have watched has shown Chicago on TV. I watched the girls next door and they were in Chicago, ER is based in Chicago, Good Eats had a show about Chicago and Pizza, some thing else. I said to Kevin...is someone trying to tell me something???? It looks sooo clean and nice there.

So to get back on topic. I guess I'll have to start filling up my new BANK ACCOUNT so I can go......

dannyzmom said:
I have a separate checking account for PC as well...that way all PC $ goes in, shows are paid for, commissions checks go in, expenses go out - and I know exactly what is what.
This is the way I do things too. Also, I use to have a personal account but my bank offered a totally free business account with all kinds of rewards and they kept talking to me about it, so finally I sat down with the lady and it worked out great. I also have it at an entirely different bank then my joint personal account with my hubby! Then it's all my knowledge and it's mine! Keeps everything way seperate and way more organized and less confusing!:D ;)

I use a personal checking account for my PC account. I was at one bank, but found another that was offering $75 free if you had direct deposit and auto-pay. Our comm checks are direct deposit, and debits for shows are considered auto-pay (since they aren't through the bank's debit card and are initiated by PC). That money paid for supplies!

Now's the time of year that a lot of banks offer things like that, so it's a good time to consider switching.

Jilleysue said:
OH YOU GOT JOKES :D !!! HAHAHAHAHA. Think you're funny huh. LMAO!!!
I am going to go to CHICAGO as the PURPLE PEOPLE (PC)EATER, bet you will all know who Jilleysue is then huh.

Ok..back to my manuals...Funny girls!!! :D

We're going to see Jilleysue walking across stage IN A PURPLE DRESS!!!!

Related to Bank Account-Business or Personal?

1. Can I use my personal bank account for my Pampered Chef business?

While it is not required, we highly recommend setting up a separate bank account for your Pampered Chef business. This will help keep your personal and business finances separate, making it easier to track expenses and profits for tax purposes.

2. Is there a specific bank or type of account I should use for my business?

No, you are free to choose any bank and account that best fits your needs. However, we recommend looking for an account with low fees and good interest rates to maximize your profits.

3. Do I need to register my business with my bank?

Most banks do not require you to register your business with them. However, if you plan on accepting credit or debit card payments, you may need to register with a payment processor and link your business bank account.

4. Can I use a personal checking account instead of a business checking account?

While it is possible to use a personal checking account for your Pampered Chef business, it is not recommended. This can lead to confusion and complications when it comes to taxes and tracking business expenses.

5. Are there any tax implications for using a personal bank account for my business?

Yes, using a personal bank account for your business may make it more difficult to accurately track and report business expenses for tax purposes. It is best to consult with a tax professional for specific advice on your situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Yakmama
  • chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • mmilus