• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking a Mystery Recipe at School: Is the Icing 'Lava-Like'?

In summary, the mystery recipe for baking at school is called "Lava-Like Icing". It is easy to make and can be made in large batches for school events. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. There are many fun ways to decorate with the Lava-Like Icing, including using different toppings and piping tips.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have the recipe, but want to know if it the icing acts 'lava like' or not. I would like to try the recipe @ school tomorrow. Bake during 3rd period and eat during 7th. Is it better straight from the microwave or just as good waiting?

Microwave cakes are best when eaten immediately IME.

can you share the recipe?? I have never heard of this one! :)

Yes, please share.

DebbieJ said:
Microwave cakes are best when eaten immediately IME.

What do you think about mixing it up and baking it about 2 hrs later?......

coriatc said:
can you share the recipe?? I have never heard of this one! :)

1 box choc. cake mix & ingredients listed on back
Mix in DCB
Add one can of vanilla icing
Bake uncovered in microwave for 8 - 12 minutes

byrd1956 said:
1 box choc. cake mix & ingredients listed on back
Mix in DCB
Add one can of vanilla icing
Bake uncovered in microwave for 8 - 12 minutes

Do you mix in the icing?

Nope, Just put the icing on top. Didn't get to try it today @ school...we had a snowday. So, maybe tomorrow.

Has anyone actually tried this? I made one last night,but with the lid on and it was a disaster. The cake was cooked just fine but the frosting was a melted mess on the bottom of the pan. I'll try it with the lid off next time and let you know how that goes.

Dont bother Paula....it turns out the same way!

Related to Baking a Mystery Recipe at School: Is the Icing 'Lava-Like'?

1. What is the mystery recipe for baking at school?

The mystery recipe for baking at school is called "Lava-Like Icing". It is a delicious and fun recipe that can be made in a classroom setting.

2. Is the Lava-Like Icing difficult to make?

No, the Lava-Like Icing is actually quite easy to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in just a few simple steps.

3. Can the Lava-Like Icing be made in large batches for a school event?

Yes, the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make larger batches for school events. Just make sure to use a larger bowl and adjust the baking time accordingly.

4. Can the Lava-Like Icing be made ahead of time and stored?

Yes, the Lava-Like Icing can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before using it.

5. What are some fun ways to decorate with the Lava-Like Icing?

The possibilities are endless! You can use different colored sprinkles, chocolate chips, or even gummy candies to decorate the Lava-Like Icing. You can also use different piping tips to create fun designs on top of the icing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
  • ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • magentablue