• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baker Chicken Recipes: Utilizing Frozen Veggies

In summary, the 30 Minute Chicken can be cooked in a microwave using either frozen or fresh vegetables. It is best to let it "stand" after cooking for at least 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
NMmommy
Okay I have a chicken and I want to cook it using the baker. What have reciepes have you done using it? Can I use frozen veggies? That is all I have on hand.

I have done the 30 minute microwave chicken. I would recommend marinating it in you favorite spices to give it more flavor. Also, put a little paprika on the top of it - that makes it "look" like it browned.

I have baked one in the over just as I would normally bake one too. And took the top off for the last little bit to brown.

I do not see why you couldn't put frozen vegetables in it. I treat my pan just as I would any other pan I am baking in.

I have a friend who rubbed her chicken with butter and garlic and then added one of our seasonings to it. Just also put butter and garlic inside the chicken. She tells everyone how great it was in the baker! I think she used Southwestern seasoning but I am not sure.

She also baked pork tenderloins in it and loved them.

So you're saying that I could buy a 4-5 pound chicken, season it really well, stick it in the microwave, and cook for 30 minutes on high and it be done?
Can I add vegetables to that too or should they be cooked separately?

I've thrown in frozen vegetables, a cut up chicken, and poured my favorite sauce over it and it came out delicious. I do put the cover on so it won't make a mess in my microwave so I cook it for 45 minutes instead of 30.

clshirk said:
So you're saying that I could buy a 4-5 pound chicken, season it really well, stick it in the microwave, and cook for 30 minutes on high and it be done?
Can I add vegetables to that too or should they be cooked separately?

The time depends on your microwave but yes you can cook it in there. I covered mine too. The next time I do it, I am going to let mine marinate for a few hours to the microwave does not "suck" the flavor out. It was very tasty when I did it. I would put the vegeables in it. It may increase the cooking time but still quicker than in the stove I am sure.

On CC there is a flyer about a whole show centered around the 30 Minute Chicken with some recipes.

Recipes can also be found by doing a file search on the word "deep"

I believe the 30 min chicken show idea is also behind CC.

I actually rubbed the chicken down with olive oil and then sprinkled it with the jamaican seasoning. YUMM!!! Put veggies (mine weren't frozen so I can't help you on that part) and then I put cut up onion inside. It's yummy!

I sliced up potatoes and carrots and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Put those in the bottom of the baker. Put chicken on top. Put lid on baker and bake in microwave according to the directions. The key to the whole thing is letting it "stand" after the cooking for at least 10 minutes. This allows all the juices to go back into the chicken. If you don't do this step, you will have some red in your chicken, and it looks undercooked. I know because I did that the first couple of times I made it this way, and I was totally grossed out. I checked the temp, and it was way higher than it needed to go to be technically cooked. Then, I found out about the wait time. It's important.

Anyway, the potatoes and carrots are soooo yummy when done this way!

Related to Baker Chicken Recipes: Utilizing Frozen Veggies

1. What is a Covered Baker and how does it work?

The Covered Baker is a versatile stoneware dish with a lid that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the grill. It works by creating a seal between the lid and the dish, trapping in moisture and heat to cook food evenly and retain flavor.

2. Can I cook a whole chicken in the Covered Baker?

Yes, the Covered Baker is perfect for cooking a whole chicken. The lid traps in moisture, resulting in a moist and tender chicken with crispy skin. It can be used to cook a variety of chicken dishes, such as roasted chicken, chicken pot pie, and chicken casserole.

3. How do I clean the Covered Baker after cooking chicken?

The Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. If there are any stubborn stains or residue, you can soak the dish in warm soapy water for a few minutes before washing. Do not use metal utensils or abrasive cleaners on the stoneware as it may damage the surface.

4. Can I use the Covered Baker to cook other types of meat besides chicken?

Yes, the Covered Baker can be used to cook a variety of meats, including beef, pork, and fish. It is also great for cooking vegetables, bread, and desserts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly for different types of meat.

5. Is the Covered Baker safe to use in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven and microwave. It can withstand high temperatures and is designed to be used for cooking and reheating food. Just make sure to follow the instructions for proper usage and do not place the dish on a stovetop or under a broiler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Loveh20mi