• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Name Ideas for Baby: Share Your Favorite!

In summary, these are the Names that my DH and I like so far. Let me know which one you like the most. If you pick Corah/Corrah/Cora, which spelling do you like? Thanks for your opinions!

Baby Girl Names, which one is your Fave?

• Total voters
starrmarie
These are the Names that my DH and I like so far. Let me know which one you like the most. If you pick Corah/Corrah/Cora, which spelling do you like? Thanks for your opinions!

Starr, were there supposed to be other options, as well?

Of the choices provided, I like Corrah, or the old-fashioned Cora (we'll ignore the face it means "seething pool":D).

I voted - and I'm number 1, woohoo.

And, you clearly have good taste, Sarah. We voted the same. ;)

Corah- pretty

I like Cora but Brooklyn I havent' heard in awhile. Hmmm maybe I will have to remember that one!

I like Brooklyn ... it's versitile (she can call herself Brooke if she wants, or not) and she won't have to spell it to everybody.I leaned a bit toward Roslyn but I personally like Rosalyn better.

Even though I'm not a Sarah Palin fan, I must say since hearing her kids names I do love the name Brystol. That got my vote. (Although I went to school with a Roslyn and loved that name too...we called her Roz)

I really like Brystol too...it has a nice ring to it.I've had bad experiences with people named Cora so that one is on the bottom of my list.I'd probably pick Brooklyn next.

I'm a western gal and I love Sage!! The others were really nice too. Good luck!!!

What is your other child named?

I voted Brystol. My DH & I are thinking about this one if we have another girl. Our first date was to Bristol, TN to a NASCAR race!! :)

I like Sage...but spelled Saige, so it's slightly different from the spice. I also have a cousin with the spelling, so that might be why I like it. Regardless...my vote is for Saige. :D

I picked Brooklyn just because my daugther is named Brookelyn (we put the e in there so it wasn't spelled like the city name) ;). It's still pretty unique and she can go by Brooke when she gets older.

My other daughters name is Edyn.

ChefJoyJ, I really like that spelling also, never thought of spelling it different. :)

We liked to find the less-commonly used names. It's fun when you have a story behind your children's names. When we were first pregnant 15 years ago, my husband thought for sure it was a girl and he wanted to name her Nichole. It was a boy: Spencer Five years later we had our girl and named her Nichole. Up to a week before she was born, we couldn't agree on a middle name. We were watching the credits of the movie Con Air and I saw the name of the little girl: Landry. We fell in love with it. We changed the spelling to Landrie. Nichole Landrie

4 years later we were having another girl. We really liked Landrie, so we named her
Landrie Allie

How about Brooke Lynn? :D

I love Brystol! Being a teacher, I'm partial to odd names. When we were adopting our dd, we were at a toss up between Danika and Delaney. We went with Delaney. No one else in our area has that name.

BTW, a friend of mine just had a little girl. She named her Paylyn. Yep, she's a teacher too.

babywings76 said:
How about Brooke Lynn? :D

We thougth of that name since all of the girls in our family are with middle name of Lynn but our 1st daughter was a Lynn so we went with Brookelyn Rene instead.:p

heat123 said:
We thougth of that name since all of the girls in our family are with middle name of Lynn but our 1st daughter was a Lynn so we went with Brookelyn Rene instead.:p

That's quite similar for us too Heather. My name is Gina Lynn - I have cousins Tracey Lynn, Kristine Lynn, Carolyn, Aunt Marilyn, Grandma Evelyn, mom is Marcia Lynn, and my daughter is Madolyn (and that's why it's spelled that way). It's always neat to see how people come up with their children's names.

When I was 8 1/2 months preggo (didn't know what we were having) I was trying to get my DH to help me decide on a girl name since we didn't have one picked out yet. He wasn't listening to my list of names b/c he was watching the movie, Dodgeball, for like the 5th time that week. I started to get upset b/c the movie seemed more important than our potential daughter's name. Well, I just stopped talking to him & on the movie they told this girl to do a Liberty (a cheerleading stance) & it hit me. I yelled "Liberty & we can call her Libby" & my DH just looked at me & said "THAT'S IT!!"
A few weeks later we had our beautiful baby girl, Liberty Ray. DH's middle name is Ray.

If we had a boy his name would have been Coy b/c my maiden name is McCoy.

Gina M said:
That's quite similar for us too Heather. My name is Gina Lynn - I have cousins Tracey Lynn, Kristine Lynn, Carolyn, Aunt Marilyn, Grandma Evelyn, mom is Marcia Lynn, and my daughter is Madolyn (and that's why it's spelled that way). It's always neat to see how people come up with their children's names.

I think most of my freinds had the middle name Lynn too. It must have been the most popular thru the era! lol

WLMcCoy said:
When I was 8 1/2 months preggo (didn't know what we were having) I was trying to get my DH to help me decide on a girl name since we didn't have one picked out yet. He wasn't listening to my list of names b/c he was watching the movie, Dodgeball, for like the 5th time that week. I started to get upset b/c the movie seemed more important than our potential daughter's name. Well, I just stopped talking to him & on the movie they told this girl to do a Liberty (a cheerleading stance) & it hit me. I yelled "Liberty & we can call her Libby" & my DH just looked at me & said "THAT'S IT!!"
A few weeks later we had our beautiful baby girl, Liberty Ray. DH's middle name is Ray.

If we had a boy his name would have been Coy b/c my maiden name is McCoy.

That is about how we came up with my DD's name, we were watching TV and there was a commercial for some type of cream or medicine or something that was called Eden. We just looked at each other and said "That's It!" lol We just changed the spelling to Edyn. This one doesn't seam to be coming so easy. We had a boy name, and I think I am still in the mindset that we are having a boy. I like common names because I have a very uncommon name, Starr, and my DH likes uncommon names because he has a very common names, James. Kinda funny how that works. I'm really leaning towards Brooklyn Saige (spelling change :)) But DH is thinking now that he really dosen't want Saige because he has met someone with that name.....We don't even really know this person....It's like a cousin of a friend of a friend of someones dogs owners aunts 2nd uncle! lol Drives me crazy!

I like Cora because it sounds different than your other child's name. When you call their name there will be no mistake who you are calling.

What about Brooklyn Cora or Brooklyn Rose?

Cora...French supermarket

Brystol. I like it.

Gina Lynn, my mother (who is a Grandma) is Evelyn (no middle name), and one niece is Madeleine. Another niece is Amara Lynne, named for Grandma's Evelyn and Linda.

There's a family at church with a little girl named Scotlynne (not sure the spelling is correct, but you get the idea).

I like Brystol Rose. :)

Cora reminds me of "Cat Cora" the chef. Keep it food-related. LOL

DessertDivaFL said:
Cora reminds me of "Cat Cora" the chef. Keep it food-related. LOL

Lol, Brystol reminds me of Brystol/Myers (company). :p

I love Brystol - but I prefer it with an I instead of a Y. We considered it for my 6 y/o, had he been a girl.

2nd runner up= Saige and 3rd= Kora or Cora

1. What are some popular baby names for 2021?

According to BabyCenter, some of the most popular baby names for 2021 include Olivia, Liam, Ava, and Noah.

2. Do you have any unique or uncommon baby name suggestions?

Some unique and uncommon baby names that have been gaining popularity are Luna, Milo, Freya, and Atticus.

3. Can you suggest any baby names that have a strong meaning?

Some baby names with meaningful origins include Aiden, which means "little fire" and Sophia, which means "wisdom". Other options are Elijah, which means "the Lord is my God" and Amara, which means "grace".

4. Which spelling of Cora do you suggest?

While all three spellings are acceptable, the most common and traditional spelling is "Cora". However, ultimately the decision is up to personal preference.

5. Can you provide any resources for finding more baby name ideas?

There are many resources available for finding baby name ideas, such as BabyCenter, Nameberry, and The Bump. You can also consult baby name books or ask friends and family for suggestions. Additionally, many websites offer lists of trending or unique baby names for inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KindaichiShota
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MarciMac
  • WLMcCoy