• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Atlantis Attendees -- $400 "Hold" on Your Cc for the Room??

P
Pampered Laura
:mad: I was charged $400 as a "hold" on May 1st for our room. Atlantis is giving me the run around and saying it is going to take 5 days to resolve. Meanwhile, my account has already been debited & my balance is all messed up!!!

Check your statements, did they do that to you guys too??

I haven't gone on a PC trip before, but from my understanding, you don't pay for anything except for a bit of shopping. I would call HO on this...the room should not have been on your card at all (I think) unless you upgraded or something.

The Mariott in San Fran took our cc# down just in case we had extra charges but when we checked out, we had $0.00.

CALL HO!

we had to give a CC# for "incidentals"... our hotel bill at checkout was $70 something for a few phone calls home and a couple of room charges at snack shop. They said that everyone who gave a credit card has a $400 hold.:mad:

Edit: I r a gud spellare. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when you reserve a hotel room or check in, they put a "hold" on your card to cover themselves in case you flake.

Usually that hold is removed once you check in or check out.

Sounds like they're working on Bahamian time. (I heard about how fast they move down there :)).

They only move fast if they are in cars, then watch out!!

Is it a debit/credit card? If so, then yes, that was debited from your account. They did the same thing to me in SanFran. How nice it was for them to give me the run around too.... but it was credited back eventually. But not until I was on my way home. Ugh!

I emailed golden treasures @ Carlson, and they're taking care of it for me... they already called Atlantis and it looks like they're speaking for me. Love it! :)

Related to Atlantis Attendees -- $400 "Hold" on Your Cc for the Room??

1. What is the $400 "hold" charge for on my credit card for my room at Atlantis?

The $400 "hold" charge on your credit card is a temporary authorization to ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover potential charges during your stay at Atlantis. It is not an actual charge, but rather a pre-authorization that will be released once you check out and any actual charges are applied.

2. Why is Atlantis giving me the run around and saying it will take 5 days to resolve the hold?

The release of the hold depends on your bank's processing time and policies. Atlantis has likely processed the release on their end, but it may take up to 5 days for your bank to reflect the change in your available balance.

3. Can I dispute the hold charge with Atlantis?

It is not necessary to dispute the hold charge with Atlantis as it will be released once you check out. However, if you have concerns or questions about the hold charge, you can contact Atlantis' customer service for clarification.

4. Will the hold charge affect my account balance?

Yes, the hold charge may affect your available balance temporarily. However, as mentioned before, it is not an actual charge and will be released once you check out.

5. How can I avoid the hold charge at Atlantis?

Unfortunately, the hold charge is a standard practice at most hotels and resorts, including Atlantis. The best way to avoid it is to use a credit card with a higher credit limit or to make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the hold amount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Paige Dixon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies