• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Undecided in This Election?

I have clearly stated that I don't like either candidate.In summary, the conversation revolved around a political thread posted by Meg and the potential consequences of expressing political opinions. Some users discussed the importance of unbiased information, while others questioned the accuracy of certain sources. The conversation ended with a clarification on the purpose of a link shared by one user and a statement that personal friendships should not be affected by political differences.
chefmeg
Gold Member
If so, this chart has documentation of each candidates policies and how they have voted~

Attachments

• VotersGuide[1].pdf
    260.4 KB · Views: 242
Goodness Meg how dare you post another political thread on here!!!! HA!:eek::D

like you said, Jennifer~we still have the freedom to express our opinions....just don't know how long we'll have it if the wrong candidate gets into office! I don't think anyone will be offended by this post because the facts of the candidates voting is there, but who ever knows with this forum!!! I'll take the heat if necessary!

The problem with your chart is that it doesn't say what else was on the bill to make the person vote for or against it. That is not an unbiased report.

Well it's not like Meg wrote it...
I think it was good to just give an overview...
I guess if you want the real story on why/how everyone votes, we just need to keep C Span on all day...

chefsteph07 said:
Well it's not like Meg wrote it...
I think it was good to just give an overview...
I guess if you want the real story on why/how everyone votes, we just need to keep C Span on all day...
I really try to watch that station, but it bores me to tears.

JAE said:

what, you mean watching people sit in silence and someone saying "nay" every half hour isn't interesting to you? haha :D

JAE said:

I don't even TRY to watch it...I was just trying to make a point...

BethCooks4U said:
The problem with your chart is that it doesn't say what else was on the bill to make the person vote for or against it. That is not an unbiased report.

Maybe you could post an unbiased one then.

BethCooks4U said:

Same problem with the site Hathery posted - it's based on the same data.

janetupnorth said:
Same problem with the site Hathery posted - it's based on the same data.

The site I posted was supposed to be for fun.

Although I don't see how it's based on the same data; there are multiple reference sources listed under the "details" section of the quiz.

Hathery said:
The site I posted was supposed to be for fun.

Sure, yeah, saw that disclaimer with the thread... :confused::rolleyes:

In politics, and with discussion here, that is not "for fun". It may be for some, but that site was created with an underlying purpose.

Doesn't negate the fact that it isn't accurate.

Okay, I'm done. This is the last post on political threads that I will make. I am tired of the attacks on Obama supporters no matter what they (we) say. You can think you're right if you want. I'm tired of arguing. I'll just vote. And continue praying for this country.

...I don't want to lose friendships over this.

There weren't personal attacks except ones you are assuming and making. You attacked Meg's report, I stated that Hathery's was based on the same data. She countered that with the fact that it was suddenly for fun. I said, I missed that disclaimer.Where is the attack except your initial one and the assumed one?...and don't worry, I have no hard feelings against any of my friends on here...whatever side you are on. I speak out about the issues, but I have clearly stated that I don't like either candidate.

janetupnorth said:
There weren't personal attacks except ones you are assuming and making.

You attacked Meg's report, I stated that Hathery's was based on the same data. She countered that with the fact that it was suddenly for fun. I said, I missed that disclaimer.

Where is the attack except your initial one and the assumed one?

...and don't worry, I have no hard feelings against any of my friends on here...whatever side you are on. I speak out about the issues, but I have clearly stated that I don't like either candidate.

This is what I wrote in my thread: "I thought I'd introduce a fun new approach to figuring out who to vote for." The word fun is right in the sentence. I'm not sure how you took that to mean anything else.

janetupnorth said:
There weren't personal attacks except ones you are assuming and making.

You attacked Meg's report, I stated that Hathery's was based on the same data. She countered that with the fact that it was suddenly for fun. I said, I missed that disclaimer.

Where is the attack except your initial one and the assumed one?

...and don't worry, I have no hard feelings against any of my friends on here...whatever side you are on. I speak out about the issues, but I have clearly stated that I don't like either candidate.

Response: When I (or anyone who comments on the anti-Obama opinion of this site) state my (our) opinion it is an attack. When you do it's stating an opinion. That's why I'm done here.

BTW: The attack I heard in your post was:
Sure, yeah, saw that disclaimer with the thread... :confused::rolleyes:
- that came off as pretty sarcastic.

Off to better things. Have fun.

How is being sarcastic suddenly attacking?
Wow, we really have gotten sensitive as of late. Something is made out of EVERY sentence, no matter WHO says it. It's not just you Beth.

Hathery - probably missed it due to the "What candidate do you REALLY SUPPORT."On the rest...Whatever, I'm off to more productive things.Go read my forums come and go thread...it is very reflective of what this forum has become.I have better things to do then have people assume things about me after a 2-year track record... I'm done on here too...someone else can fight the battle for fairness.

janetupnorth;563024[B said:
]Hathery - probably missed it due to the "What candidate do you REALLY SUPPORT."[/B]

On the rest...

Whatever, I'm off to more productive things.

Go read my forums come and go thread...it is very reflective of what this forum has become.

I have better things to do then have people assume things about me after a 2-year track record...

I'm done on here too...someone else can fight the battle for fairness.

That's the title of the thread. It's meant to grab attention and get people to look; the rest of the post was clearly light-hearted. I'm sorry you chose to make something out of it that was never intended or implied.

Hathery said:
That's the title of the thread. It's meant to grab attention and get people to look; the rest of the post was clearly light-hearted. I'm sorry you chose to make something out of it that was never intended or implied.

It's not what I made out of it, it is what you and Beth made out of it...when it was posted, what it was posted right after. When someone comes on here later and reads that thread alone they may get it but if they were on at the time the rest of us were when other posts were made by you and see the chain of events and the follow-up to Meg's thread, it isn't pure and innocent.

Anyway, I'm trying very hard to always give you the benefit of the doubt, I have rarely disliked anyone in my entire life, but I have seen a consistency of stirring up trouble, a lack of business-related posts or successes or praises for others or help and only pot-stirring. I'm still reserving my judgment on your business-related input here. Not that you care, but I'm in a blunt express my opinion-type mood. :D

janetupnorth said:
It's not what I made out of it, it is what you and Beth made out of it...when it was posted, what it was posted right after. When someone comes on here later and reads that thread alone they may get it but if they were on at the time the rest of us were when other posts were made by you and see the chain of events and the follow-up to Meg's thread, it isn't pure and innocent.

Anyway, I'm trying very hard to always give you the benefit of the doubt, I have rarely disliked anyone in my entire life, but I have seen a consistency of stirring up trouble, a lack of business-related posts or successes or praises for others or help and only pot-stirring. I'm still reserving my judgment on your business-related input here. Not that you care, but I'm in a blunt express my opinion-type mood. :D

The thread was not intended to be a follow-up to anything. I remembered taking the quiz for fun last election, found this year's version, and shared it as I thought others might enjoy it. That's all.

You've honestly yet to explain how I "pot-stir". What you call "pot-stirring" just seems to be me disagreeing with your political and religious views. If that's your basis, I could call you the same thing.

Hathery said:
The thread was not intended to be a follow-up to anything. I remembered taking the quiz for fun last election, found this year's version, and shared it as I thought others might enjoy it. That's all.

You've honestly yet to explain how I "pot-stir". What you call "pot-stirring" just seems to be me disagreeing with your political and religious views. If that's your basis, I could call you the same thing.

the point being made was that it's all you do. Janet has been someone who has helped people and given great business advice and info for over 2 years here. I would say a good 95% of your post are political....and not offering or contributing anything to anyones business.

ChefBeckyD said:
the point being made was that it's all you do. Janet has been someone who has helped people and given great business advice and info for over 2 years here. I would say a good 95% of your post are political....and not offering or contributing anything to anyones business.

I'm a new consultant...I don't have much to contribute to anyone's business. I mostly read what others say and try to learn from it. When I've been around for a while I'm sure I'll be able to help more people out.

For now I'm getting to know other consultants in the Lounge.

You don't have to be a seasoned consultant to have something to contribute about your or anyone else's PC business. There's LOTS of new consultants on here who post about what they have going on...

chefsteph07 said:
You don't have to be a seasoned consultant to have something to contribute about your or anyone else's PC business. There's LOTS of new consultants on here who post about what they have going on...

Exactly! Congratulations when someone reaches a goal is a great way to provide support!

janetupnorth said:
Exactly! Congratulations when someone reaches a goal is a great way to provide support!

I'll try harder to do that, but I'm just not a very touchy-feely type of person :)

Hathery said:
I'll try harder to do that, but I'm just not a very touchy-feely type of person :)

At lot of people aren't, but it's part of being a community, you give and you take. It's one thing to sit back and always lurk...many, many do that, for years even. But another to jump in on one topic and express many, many personal viewpoints, but not give to the business side or support others and expect those viewpoints to be respected and credible. You have to be willing to share the complete package. Otherwise, you're just like another troll on another forum...

janetupnorth said:
At lot of people aren't, but it's part of being a community, you give and you take. It's one thing to sit back and always lurk...many, many do that, for years even. But another to jump in on one topic and express many, many personal viewpoints, but not give to the business side or support others and expect those viewpoints to be respected and credible. You have to be willing to share the complete package. Otherwise, you're just like another troll on another forum...

I'm not going to purposefully post things on other threads just to make sure that my personal vs. business post-count is good enough to make me credible to others. That is RIDICULOUS. I contribute to business postings when I see fit to do so. I will continue to do so.

Hey gang~I wasn't posting this to pi$$ anyone off~I truly wanted to get some info out there.....

chefmeg said:
Hey gang~I wasn't posting this to pi$$ anyone off~I truly wanted to get some info out there.....

You trouble maker, you! LOL... don't worry- you didn't start any trouble my friend... Say, how is your pyscho pooch?

Hathery said:
I'm not going to purposefully post things on other threads just to make sure that my personal vs. business post-count is good enough to make me credible to others. That is RIDICULOUS. I contribute to business postings when I see fit to do so. I will continue to do so.

I'm not asking you to provide a ratio or anything like that THAT is RIDICULOUS. Once again you are twisting words to fit your reality.

I'm just trying to kindly point out to you what is obvious to many of us. You stormed on here and into an established community, stormed into a hot topic and post and expect us to take what you say as logical truth without providing any balance...you want us to value your opinion but don't value ours.

Very troll-like, very troll-like indeed.

I was trying to give you helpful advice to combat the apparent immaturity in many of your postings and help you feel more a part of us so we can help you grow your business, but fine, you're an adult, do as you wish.

Respect in life comes in many ways...some positional, some earned.

Anyway, mother lecture done, you obviously don't "care" if you tick off fellow consultants as long they don't quote scripture back to you.

chefmeg said:

We know Meg, we know...

Hey, I got an idea - server changeover on election day!

chefmeg said:
like you said, Jennifer~we still have the freedom to express our opinions....just don't know how long we'll have it if the wrong candidate gets into office! I don't think anyone will be offended by this post because the facts of the candidates voting is there, but who ever knows with this forum!!! I'll take the heat if necessary!

Unfortunately, it's not based on just "facts", but on an agenda that the Liberty Counsel has - just read their bio on Wikipedia: Liberty Counsel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't even have to read Wiki to figure out that it was written by someone who supports the "right", since the wording of each "vote" was extremely one-sided.

cathyskitchen said:
Unfortunately, it's not based on just "facts", but on an agenda that the Liberty Counsel has - just read their bio on Wikipedia: Liberty Counsel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't even have to read Wiki to figure out that it was written by someone who supports the "right", since the wording of each "vote" was extremely one-sided.

You do know that you can put whatever you want on a Wiki page, right? I mean there were over 100 edits alone made to the Obama page in reference to his Community Acorn Organizing... I could even go and make an edit to any page I wanted. Wiki is about as reliable as the weatherman...

Meg found something that she thought would help the undecided, by sharing something she found. I feel that she was sincere with her desire to post something that would list the candidates views.

I'm just trying to help the undecided, just like Meg, by showing them that not all "facts" are facts. Do your research and decide if the source of the "facts" is trustworthy. Maybe my Wiki link wasn't a good example - here's another then:
http://www.lc.org/

This is the Liberty Counsel's own website, which is clearly biased. If you believe in what they believe, then you probably won't see the bias, but they created that "facts" document with an agenda in mind.

I don't doubt Meg's intentions were sincere, I just doubt the intentions of the "fact" page she posted, that's all.

cathyskitchen said:
I'm just trying to help the undecided, just like Meg, by showing them that not all "facts" are facts. Do your research and decide if the source of the "facts" is trustworthy. Maybe my Wiki link wasn't a good example - here's another then:
http://www.lc.org/

This is the Liberty Counsel's own website, which is clearly biased. If you believe in what they believe, then you probably won't see the bias, but they created that "facts" document with an agenda in mind.

I don't doubt Meg's intentions were sincere, I just doubt the intentions of the "fact" page she posted, that's all.
Thank you for clarifying. :)

Related to Are You Undecided in This Election?

What are the candidates' positions on immigration?

The chart includes documentation of each candidate's policies and voting record on immigration. It shows where they stand on issues such as border security, DACA, and a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

What are the candidates' stances on healthcare?

The chart provides information on each candidate's healthcare policies and how they have voted on related legislation. It covers topics such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicare for All, and prescription drug prices.

How do the candidates differ on climate change?

The chart highlights the candidates' positions on climate change and their track record on environmental issues. It includes their plans for addressing climate change, such as transitioning to renewable energy and reducing carbon emissions.

What is the chart's source of information?

The information on the chart is gathered from reliable sources, such as the candidates' official websites, news articles, and voting records. The sources are listed at the bottom of the chart for transparency.

Is the chart biased towards a certain candidate?

No, the chart is non-partisan and presents the candidates' positions and voting records objectively. It is up to the individual to interpret the information and make their own decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
sharalam